What to get from the US ?

akskap

Disciple
Hello !

I will be in US for next 2-3 weeks. Will be staying in Pennsylvania. As this is my first visit abroad, I want your help/suggestions to have a good stay there.

And most importantly, I want to bring along some gifts for my family when I return. Please give your suggestions on what all can be a good buy there.

I plan to bring in something for everyone in the family :happy::happy:

Thought about getting curios/trinkets/souvenirs with some "Americana" / "culture" like small statue of liberty, zippo lighter etc? (snow globes etc) maybe currency (coins/notes)? :D

(You'll probably just find such stuff in the airport shops itself!)

Thanks for your suggestions, guys.

I am planning to buy these:

1) PlayStation PS3 500GB (Carrying this can be a problem @ airport ?)
2) Trade in my iPad 2 for a new iPad Air 2
3) Chocolates
4) Fossil watch for myself and a Guess watch for my wife :D
5) Chromecast from Amazon

Sorry for the hijack, but I guess you can answer my queries.
Have you already decided on the watches? How much is the price difference? My sister's mother-in-law will be returning next month. I was wondering if I can manage to get something with her. From what I know, a person is allowed import upto the value 35k. How is this calculated? My sister has 3-4 unlocked used phones. How much of a hassle can it be if she sends these phones with her? TIA.

Harley Davidson
Chevrolet Camaro
Dodge Ram
Boeing 787
F22 Fighter
F35 Fighter
Zippo Lighters
M16 Rifle
M4 Rifle

Sex Toys

if you are planning to build home theatre, personally i fell Yamaha RX 577 is superb buy on Amazon.com!

PS: you can get these though airport no issues. my ex-manager carried an AVR and JL Audio mono amp. make sure you discard the packaging before stuffing into your luggage bag!

if you are planning to build home theatre, personally i fell Yamaha RX 577 is superb buy on Amazon.com!

PS: you can get these though airport no issues. my ex-manager carried an AVR and JL Audio mono amp. make sure you discard the packaging before stuffing into your luggage bag!
Not necessarily
I carried a rxv 477 AVR with nearly sealed box through customs, total value should not be more than 35k, they don't bother till 50k in most of the cases.
Indian price 37000, it costed Rs 16000 in USA!

3) Chocolates

Chocolates from America??? Nooo.

The biggest chocolate company of America is named after a man who holds the patent for making chocolates from spoilt milk.

If you absolutely have to, visit some importers who stock South American or European brands.

Chocolates from America??? Nooo.

The biggest chocolate company of America is named after a man who holds the patent for making chocolates from spoilt milk.

If you absolutely have to, visit some importers who stock South American or European brands.

Chocolates from America. =/= American chocolates

Y'know there is more variety of swiss and belgian chocolates in USA than in India.

Harley Davidson
Chevrolet Camaro
Dodge Ram
Boeing 787
F22 Fighter
F35 Fighter
Zippo Lighters
M16 Rifle
M4 Rifle

Sex Toys
You forgot to add the Statue of Liberty. Trust me India needs it more than the umuricans.

You forgot to add the Statue of Liberty. Trust me India needs it more than the umuricans.

But India is a hot country

Funny-Pictures---Global-Warming.jpg

Back