What to get from US right now...

w1nD

Adept
Hello,
One of my office colleague is coming to India in Jan end and has asked me if I want anything from US..but right now the $$ is still 60+ and so I was wondering is there anything really worth to get from US at this point of time...
Please suggest few things that I can get..or get good deal on something which is expensive here in India.

TIA.

Why would you want to buy something that you don't know if you even need?
may be coz i got extra cash and can buy something like ssd or cellphone if I get good deal... :) Ok so let me rephrase my question getting computer components..worth ? or a carrier locked iphone / ipad...
@vantheman5211 i would love too but games here are too expensive :(

No it's not worth getting a carrier locked iPhone. Too many hassles. Unless your friend can order an SSD online there won't be too many good deals in stores. Also the best thing to get right now are clothes. Super clearance deals should be on at almost every clothing store.

getting carrier locked iphone worth ??

Not worth unless it is Verizon and that too iPhone 5 or above.
AT&T Locked ones are now very expensive to Unlock (IMEI). You can opt for those R-Sim, X-Sim etc methods but if you want a real IMEI unlock it is gonna be super expensive. Avoid.

AT&T Locked ones are now very expensive to Unlock (IMEI). You can opt for those R-Sim, X-Sim etc methods but if you want a real IMEI unlock it is gonna be super expensive. Avoid.
So Verizon's iPhone 5 and above can be used here without the unlock? Or is their unlock cheaper?

So Verizon's iPhone 5 and above can be used here without the unlock? Or is their unlock cheaper?

From what i know, Verizon iPhone 5 and above have their GSM part Unlocked for local US as well as Global use. So nothing needs to be done for unlocking anything.
So even if the OP can get a bad ESN verizon phone for bit cheaper, it can be bought.
In India you can either choose to just put a GSM SIM Card and use it else get the MEID registered with Reliance to use as a CDMA device.

ohh i see.. I don't want iphone for myself but my brother was asking for it..so it seems its not worth, also iphone 5c is listed for $99 on store so if I were to get it here how much would it cost ? a cost break down would be very helpful :) also any suggetions about ipad air or mini ?

@phoenix844884 I'm thinking of getting SSD :)

Forget the 99$ thing. It is ON-Contract, not Outright purchase.
5C would cost 550$+ and 5S will cost 650$+ unlocked for base models. These are the prices you are looking at.

Hello,
One of my office colleague is coming to India in Jan end and has asked me if I want anything from US..but right now the $$ is still 60+ and so I was wondering is there anything really worth to get from US at this point of time...
Please suggest few things that I can get..or get good deal on something which is expensive here in India.

TIA.
Tell him to take you to U.S:D

Depending on the stash you are sitting on right now (and I don't know if you want it but) you can get a 2TB portable hard disk for less than $100. I'm guessing this is cheaper than what you would end up paying in India.

Back