What was the first game you've bought?

For the 8-bit NES system, a couple of cartridges were bundled along with the console which was gifted to me back in my 6th grade, so that would be 1998. Does that count? :p

Yes, it has to count...! It was known as the "Samurai"; here. Probably Mario or Contra or Kung-Fu. I cannot remember. Hooking it up to the TV was such a kick. Probably the only device those days, which had line-out capability in India. But the controllers clearly had "Nintendo" stamped on 'em. :)

oh i also had one of those 10 in 1 "consoles".(if you can call them that).actually the console had 999999 in one written on it but there were only 10 games,a rude awakening :scared14:

oh i also had one of those 10 in 1 "consoles".(if you can call them that).actually the console had 999999 in one written on it but there were only 10 games,a rude awakening :scared14:

Oh yeah, I had one of those. I had my parents buy that for me way back in '93 or '94 for topping my class in 5th grade. It was branded as Lancer. The box said it had 100000 games, lol. I realized after hooking it up that it had only 7-8 games and half of them needed the gun accessory to play :(. Still, it had Mario, Soccer and Galaxian which I absolutely loved back then. I then purchased cartridges of Double Dragon 2, Contra, TMNT etc.

First legit game for PC: GTA 4. I took a sick leave from work to get this on the first day it became available in Bangalore. Got screwed royally by GFWL and general bugs with the game and ended up not getting to play even 10mins of the game that day. :( FML.

Oh yeah, I had one of those. I had my parents buy that for me way back in '93 or '94 for topping my class in 5th grade. It was branded as Lancer. The box said it had 100000 games, lol. I realized after hooking it up that it had only 7-8 games and half of them needed the gun accessory to play :(. Still, it had Mario, Soccer and Galaxian which I absolutely loved back then. I then purchased cartridges of Double Dragon 2, Contra, TMNT etc.

First legit game for PC: GTA 4. I took a sick leave from work to get this on the first day it became available in Bangalore. Got screwed royally by GFWL and general bugs with the game and ended up not getting to play even 10mins of the game that day. :( FML.

i also bought gta 4 and i think i am the only one on the planet that actually liked GFWL,maybe because it never glitched on me and i played the mp of gta 4 flawlessly and ruthlessly.after gta 4 i started buying from online "shops" that give stuff for free, if you knw what i mean.

i also bought gta 4 and i think i am the only one on the planet that actually liked GFWL,maybe because it never glitched on me and i played the mp of gta 4 flawlessly and ruthlessly.after gta 4 i started buying from online "shops" that give stuff for free, if you knw what i mean.

Yeah, I think you seriously lucked out with GFWL. Even with me, it was problematic only with GTA4 and Bioshock2. Worked sort of ok with other games, but I have very few games on GFWL anyway. But, the most serious problem I encountered was when my brother and a few of his classmates decided to gift a copy of GTA4 to one of their friends as a birthday gift. No matter what they tried GFWL would refuse to work on that kids PC. The poor kid could not play the game for more than a month :(. Finally, I asked him to get his pc to my place and installed a pirated Win7 on a small partition just for playing GTA4.

Yeah, I think you seriously lucked out with GFWL. Even with me, it was problematic only with GTA4 and Bioshock2. Worked sort of ok with other games, but I have very few games on GFWL anyway. But, the most serious problem I encountered was when my brother and a few of his classmates decided to gift a copy of GTA4 to one of their friends as a birthday gift. No matter what they tried GFWL would refuse to work on that kids PC. The poor kid could not play the game for more than a month :(. Finally, I asked him to get his pc to my place and installed a pirated Win7 on a small partition just for playing GTA4.
lol hard times.anyway he got to game in the end and i think thats what matters.morality of gamers.never leave another gamer behind.lol.

Back