What was your first operating system in the PC?

My List goes a bit long

Win98 SE -> Win ME -> Win 95 -> Win 2000 -> Win XP ------------> Win Vista > WinXP ------> Win 7 --- >
RH9 > FC4 > FC7 > FC 10 >Ubuntu (iterations)--->

DOS - circa 1985 - till Win 3.1 came and well spoilt everything (come to think of it - I carried all that I needed then onto a 5 1/4" FDD - there was Wordstar; Lotus 1-2-3; Pacman; Prince of Persia & my work files all on 1.2 MB of real-estate ) ............. and now Terrabytes are insufficient :scared14:

Waiting to buy a Petabyte (preferably SSD) Drive for 8-10K :p

Windows98->WindowsXP->Windows7->Snow Leopard->Lion(for a week),back to Snow Leo->Mountain Lion(this one is just awesome!!getting 6-7 hrs of battery in a 2.4 year old Macbook Pro)

Dad's Office: DOS. At home Dos and windows 98: I remember a game in which we were a space car jumping from tracks to tracks. It had Mars and a few more. Although i had a demo. 3 levels only! :p
Skyroads that is. I didn't even know we have to purchase games. I was just thinking, they are always free :p

Seems I started computing late. :p

Win 98 -> Win NT -> Win XP -> Vista -> Win 7 -> Win 8 Preview
FC4/5/9/14 -> Ubuntu 9.04/10.04 -> Mint (?) -> CentOS 5.

Aaah let me remember.... Windows 98 > Windows XP > Windows Vista (for a very short time) > Reverted back to Windows XP > Windows 7.

So it all began years ago in my school days with Windows 98 on my HP Brio PC, the good ol' days of countless hours of Half Life and Max Payne. :D

DOS.. when I used to go to that class.. when I was in 6th Std. I only saw Windows 95. Was trying to figure out why are 2 spkrs connected to that computer.
Today, I have a decent enough machine and a kick-ass sound card and spkr attached to it :)

Back