What watch are you wearing today???

@cisco_tech It could be true but I have not heard of any such known brands doing this. Sure they take mass market movements and slap them in their timepieces but they never use cheap parts for anything. Most of these aforementioned movements are Swiss made, Japanese, or usually the slightly cheaper, but good nonetheless, Chinese movements.

Now the question is, are mass produced Chinese movements bad, or made up of inferior parts? I would say no. I have a few Chinese make watches with popular Chinese movements within and they work like a charm. Time keeping is accurate, and inspecting the movements by opening up the case back does not reveal any poor substitutes for genuine parts.

Fashion brands exists because of what they represent. They will make watches that appeal to the casual and fashion oriented customers, and that does not mean that they use inferior or fake parts. Just stay away from the obvious fakes like people on side streets offering you 'genuine-original-real-OHMAGERD' Rolexes or any other branded watches and you should be fine.

Lastly it is obviously almost always better to buy a watch from a master watch maker. For example, if you were to buy a DSLR tomorrow you would prefer a known camera brand like Nikon or Canon, but that doesn't mean that Samsung or Toshiba cannot make good cameras or they use inferior materials to make their cameras. Just that if you are buying something, you prefer to stick to the known and trusted names who are masters of their field.

If you have a Kenneth Cole, Fossil, etc in mind, I say go for it.

Thanx for clearing up. i thought the same thing. such big brands wont use any cheap parts. I am not that much into the watches.
I just need one good looking watch which i can wear it daily.

That Kenneth Cole I have is not really Matte Black. If you want to see real Matte Black, look at this -

34nllj5.jpg

I think it should be approx 2lac ~~, Model : TAG HEUER CARRERA CV2A10.FC6235

take a pic with better camera. Its plain injustice to showoff carrera like this :)

Meanwhile I replaced straps on my Timex expedition and my first proper watch fastrack.

Oh damn can't upload via phone...seems file size is restricted. I will upload soon

Here are the pics............Sorry had to lower the file size < than 1 MB.

Pics updated in next post

Last edited:
Anyone one here using a winder fir the automatics??
Im looking to buy one preferably a dual winder and inputs are appreciated.

It would be good to have one. But they are quite expensive. And the cheap ones run out. Wolf makes good ones.

Yeah read some good things about wolf deaigns, nut theyy are way ober my budget.
Any other good winders around $150??
Im presently looking at a dual winder by heiden.

Back