What watch are you wearing today???

I would prefer timex expedition but weekender looks simple and elegant.
I dont wear small watches, so expedition is my choice.
Isn't the Weekender bigger than the Expedition?

I have seen the Expedition but have not yet seen someone wearing a Weekender. So I do not know which is bigger!

1.jpg

This thread tells me two things

only half the people care about date on their watch. Having it had it forever and using one that does not have it is disorienting.

i saw just one digital watch in the whole thread. rest is analog. i recall being told long ago, digital means you have to read but analog works with just a glance. visual is faster and takes less effort. if this is what people like i don't think smartwatches are going anywhere any time soon regardless of whether they become better looking or not.

This thread tells me two things

only half the people care about date on their watch. Having it had it forever and using one that does not have it is disorienting.

i saw just one digital watch in the whole thread. rest is analog. i recall being told long ago, digital means you have to read but analog works with just a glance. visual is faster and takes less effort. if this is what people like i don't think smartwatches are going anywhere any time soon regardless of whether they become better looking or not.

You see, a watch is no longer a mode of telling the time, because lets face it, that your mobile phone will do too, and will probably be more accurate.

A watch has now bwcome a status symbol, an accessory, a thing for fine connoisseurs to appreciate the craftsmanship. And that, TBH, cannot be done in a digital watch. Yes, if you head over to www.watchuseek.com (The biggest watch forum on the planet), you'll see even the G-shocks have their collector, but the thing is that it cannot be the only watch in the collection. And its a good beater.

A watch has now bwcome a status symbol, an accessory, a thing for fine connoisseurs to appreciate the craftsmanship. And that, TBH, cannot be done in a digital watch.
PhotoGrid_1420269529764.jpg

Is just fake for you, right :)

Yes, if you head over to www.watchuseek.com (The biggest watch forum on the planet), you'll see even the G-shocks have their collector, but the thing is that it cannot be the only watch in the collection. And its a good beater.
Thx for the tip, watches is a topic that i've only just begun to look at.

Is just fake for you, right :)

Thx for the tip, watches is a topic that i've only just begun to look at.

I have no idea what you mean by that,but gosh, they're pretty.

Edit: just read about it, it is a properly good thing. Though I wouldnt really call it a smartwatch. I think its more of a fitness band and watch rolled into one.

I have no idea what you mean by that,but gosh, they're pretty.
Oh I meant the watchface of the activite on the left has been imitated on the moto 360 on the right. Like a skin. so one could expect to see similar watchfaces from other brands too.

Edit: just read about it, it is a properly good thing. Though I wouldnt really call it a smartwatch. I think its more of a fitness band and watch rolled into one.
yes, its a different idea, using the phone more than being an indepe ndent unit by itself.

Back