What watch are you wearing today???

Sunday...

IMG-0584.jpg

A pair of relaxed jeans, a Boctok "Scuba Dude" T-shirt, a couple of spray's of Givenchy's Irresistible and my modded Vostok Amphibian on a NATO.

Its nice but I never travel with more than 2 watches (one on wrist and one in bag) especially on trips abroad coz that way it's easier to pass through the green channel when returning with 2-3 more in check-in! :D

DSCF6937.jpg

DSCF6944.jpg

Overcast wintry day with my Casio G-SHOCK DW-5600E-1VQ
finally, some thing to identify with. Yeah, lets be different and do digital

Interested in getting it but then saw below and think i will get that instead. More features, buttons look less fidgety and three character day of the week

https://www.amazon.in/Casio-G-Shock-Digital-Black-Watch-G-6900-1DR/dp/B002GU5I54

It's a G so solar with lithum rechargeable, DW variant means regular battery and a comparison i saw showed DW is more bulky

Its a G only and not GW which is atomic time keeping ie self-adjusting. Would be such an awesome feature. Trouble is the radio signals are not available in India. So no atomic time keeping possible :(

Was looking at Timex digitals and the selection isn't very good on amazon india

Last edited:
Two days back, at my hometown.

CASIO G-Shock - Riseman.

WP_20150221_15_54_44_Pro_zpsd4930143.jpg
This is the riseman, it has AB, altitude, barometer, temperature. How do you find the baromter for predicting weather ? only good if worn outside and gets it wrong if its indoors most of the time ?

Or the G-9300 or GW-9400 which has ABC (Compass) in one. Seems a bit big though.

G6900 v G5600.JPG

Still liking the 6900

check timexindia.com

larger selection of watches than on amazon
nothing there is very exciting i think i'm going to have to stick to Casio. Been a very long time since i had one.

I used to have a Timex Datalink 150, nice display but one drop too many, the dial popped off and it just packed up after a while.

Whn i think back as to what has usually killed my watches it has to be that one odd drop that either damaged the dial or gave the LCD a heart attack.

Last edited:
ok, decided which one to go for and got it now :)

GD-350_6.jpg

gd-350_4.jpg

GD-350_7.jpg

Striking display and i love the yellow/gold numbers. What i liked best about this model is the size of the numbers. Largest i could find in the G shock series. Legibility is less in low light but otherwise very good. It has a vibrator alarm as well.

Last edited:
Back