What watch are you wearing today???

Keeping it simple on a Monday with my Seiko SNK on a Nato strap...

DSCF7683.jpg

Seiko SNK809 (Polished Case Mod)

Did you get any paperwork ? Cloudtail is reliable but just to be sure,
Try registering it online, you will know from serial number if genuine or not https://www.fossil.com/in/en/customer-care/product-registration.html
I have registered. But they don't ask for serial number during registration. I'm not finding any website to check serial number.

Nobody here is buying or bought Swatch Skins...
Swatch Skins? It's a fossil watch. I forgot to mention in the post.

If you were able to enter item number and register then its genuine
That's the thing. Anyone with a fake watch too could register. They aren't checking the serial number. Only model number is required for registration.
I contacted fossil and they said that the only way is to bring it to a service centre. And I have none close to me. Nearest is about 20kms away [emoji55]

That's the thing. Anyone with a fake watch too could register. They aren't checking the serial number. Only model number is required for registration.
I contacted fossil and they said that the only way is to bring it to a service centre. And I have none close to me. Nearest is about 20kms away [emoji55]

Wow, I thought item numbers are unique and there is a database driven back end to check if genuine or not. Beats the purpose of registration LOL.
Service center is the way to go then

Bought this watch off amazon from cloudtail.
It didn't come properly packed and the strap doesn't have plastic wrapping.

View attachment 82437

Can't determine if it's fake or original. Can someone please help.
Thanks and regards
Lakshay Goel

View attachment 82438

View attachment 82440

View attachment 82439

Don't worry - It looks fine. Also, as a general rule, good fakes or clones (that seem original as your watch looks) are commonly made for mid to high end watches. Fossil is not a from a high end watchmaker. It's a fashion brand (like CK, DKNY, Tommy Hilfiger etc.) so its highly unlikely that good fakes / clones are being made for it. The fakes that are made for such fashion brands usually are so bad that they literally scream out "I am fake!"! So, don't worry... you should be fine! :)

Don't worry - It looks fine. Also, as a general rule, good fakes or clones (that seem original as your watch looks) are commonly made for mid to high end watches. Fossil is not a from a high end watchmaker. It's a fashion brand (like CK, DKNY, Tommy Hilfiger etc.) so its highly unlikely that good fakes / clones are being made for it. The fakes that are made for such fashion brands usually are so bad that they literally scream out "I am fake!"! So, don't worry... you should be fine! :)

Newbie here, so what all are High end watchmaker ? Those who have their own movement ? Those who have Swiss origins ?

Edit: was reading more on Luxury watch brands.. It seems Rolex and Omega was only familier names to me.. even Seiko, Citizen, Tissot considered as above entry level brands ?
Also found this wiki:

Last edited:
Newbie here, so what all are High end watchmaker ? Those who have their own movement ? Those who have Swiss origins ?

Edit: was reading more on Luxury watch brands.. It seems Rolex and Omega was only familier names to me.. even Seiko, Citizen, Tissot considered as above entry level brands ?
Also found this wiki:

Depending on the watch you buy and your position on the horology food-chain, Tissot could be entry to mid to high range. Same for Citizen and Seiko - However, they are not Swiss made and a lot of people are snobbish about watches being Swiss made (I prefer Swiss but I love my Japs and Germans as well!).

In-house movements are a definite plus especially for mechanical watches but that need not mean they are very high end or expensive - Orient makes affordable entry level mechanical watches with in-house movements. Omegas on the other hand have nothing at entry level and everything starts above USD3.5k. Same for Rolex and others.

But to be honest, "entry level" and "high end" is a matter of perspective. A Tag Heuer Formula 1 is a Mid Range watch for me whereas a Rolex Sky Dweller is a High End watch for me. There are people on the world who would think a Rolex Sky Dweller is an Entry Level watch and an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak (USD500k+ depending on variant) is a Mid Range watch with a Breguet & Fils 2667 being a High End watch as per them. This can go on an on based on two factors: How deep you are into horology and how deep your pockets are!

Graff unveiled watches costing USD 50 million plus at Baselworld 2019! And closer to home, Titan unveiled some Fastrack watches starting at USD 8.3 (INR 595)! You do the math!! :)

Fakes for such fashion brands can also be good quality that they are not recognizable by an untrained eye.

Fakes for such fashion brands can also be good quality that they are not recognizable by an untrained eye.

In my experience they are recognizable quite easily compared to say the superclones of the Omegas or Rolexes that are released by the Chinese factories. Something as simple as the alignment of the hands or the click of the crown when pulled out can tell one its a fake as the cheap movements used in these fakes are always wobbly and never give a firm feel. Yet, people are still conned everyday... Guess not as easily recognizable afterall! Or maybe people are just gullible!

Back