Whats is this

srinivas_ajay

Disciple
Hi
I saw this (see attachment) at neighbor's wall. Whats this.?
regards
Srinivasa
IMG_20191229_152158__01.jpg

He is tracking jets using this radar. terrorist activity suspected.
Jokes apart, it could be anything from motion detector, some wireless tx/rx, cctv, or on similar lines. Definitely doesn't look like and windmill thing or water solar panel. But can be some mini solar panel to light a bulb or two in corridor or garden.
Post automatically merged:

Pados wali aunty doing taka jhaki.
(Neighbour aunt spying) [emoji1787]
It's a dish. For signal amplification. Could be anything from stb dish, broadband dish to WiFi extender dish. By the angle of it I assume it to be tx/rx from somewhere nearby. I have a similar dish (but different in design) for my broadband.

They are basically trying to get a local network or internet from another location without using wires.
Even my neigbours had them a few years back and it was for internet from a service provider(before fiber days)

Technically speaking, that is an antenna for a Point to point / point to multi point wireless link.

When done correctly, it creates a very stable wireless link between two distant points at a cost that’s a fraction of creating a wired link and requires practically no maintenance.

I’ve done the same for public Wi-Fi and security cameras for me housing community.

issue with ISPs like tikona is that they bungle up the implementation

Back