What's the best multivitamin?

You can try Gluspan tablet, a popular multivitamin (15 tablets for rs 90). It was suggested by my family doc to my father who has diabetes... Anyone can take though..

An apple a day, keeps a doc away.. so take fruits whenever possible,

My colleague here has been having sleepless nights since a week and was like an insomniac! When he tested the blood, came to know that Vit. B12 was deficient below normal by a huge amount. Doctor has thus advised him to take 7 injections in a period of 15 days. Poor chap. He's a veggie as well.

:rofl:

Vitamin B12 is an important vitamin and there is no particular fruit which provides it.. Extreme case leads to injection otherwise one can take Neuro kindplus by Mankind..

What is this obsession with MVTs/Calcium/Vit D (unless you're suffering from a Vitamin related disease) ?
Did you see me ask the same question repeatedely everywhere else? Onlly then you can term it as 'Obsession'. may be I am not able to have a balanced diet. May be I am not able to eat all the necessary fruits as I wanted. may be I am getting my ass kicked at office and commute 3 hours a day and dont have time to sit and cut fruits and eat them. may be the multivaitamins are for a short period. Reasons could be numerous dude.

What is the best Veg way to increase hemoglobin without taking any tabs ?
Nuts like almonds, peanuts, pista; green leafy vegetables like spinach; whole grains and pulses; raisins; etc.. One thing to remember about iron - avoid taking foods rich in iron along with milk and other dairy products and antacids. Calcium interferes with iron absorption.

Nuts like almonds, peanuts, pista; green leafy vegetables like spinach; whole grains and pulses; raisins; etc.. One thing to remember about iron - avoid taking foods rich in iron along with milk and other dairy products and antacids. Calcium interferes with iron absorption.
Interesting. Thanks for the info. But these days I am developing a habit of drinking a glass of milk after breakfast and then have some almonds and dates mid-morning as a snack. Harmful?

Back