What's the max RAM support for D945GCCR?

Hi,

I have a Intel D945GCCR Core 2 Duo mother board with a 1 gig Transcend JetRAM DDR2 533 RAM(model no - JM533QLJ-1G).I am planning to upgrade my RAM support but I am not sure what's the right RAM stick I should get.The motherboard says it supports DDR2 533/400 SD RAM.But I dont know if it supports a 2gig RAM.:huh: Also I am not sure what speed am supposed to get, whther 664 Mhz or 800 MHz.:(
Googling brought out that Intel supports only 1gig more for this mobo.

Planning to use the ebay coupons or may be order it from the dealers here.:)
Help would be appreciated guys.:)

raptor3624 said:
Hi,

I have a Intel D945GCCR Core 2 Duo mother board with a 1 gig Transcend JetRAM DDR2 533 RAM(model no - JM533QLJ-1G).I am planning to upgrade my RAM support but I am not sure what's the right RAM stick I should get.The motherboard says it supports DDR2 533/400 SD RAM.But I dont know if it supports a 2gig RAM.:huh: Also I am not sure what speed am supposed to get, whther 664 Mhz or 800 MHz.:(
Googling brought out that Intel supports only 1gig more for this mobo.

Planning to use the ebay coupons or may be order it from the dealers here.:)
Help would be appreciated guys.:)

Well,your right about that.
So you can add a similar 1gb 533MHZ RAM and enable Dual Channel on your mobo !

And you ought to have posted this in the CPU/MOBO section !

The D945GCCR has two DIMM sockets and support the following memory features:

* 1.8 V (only) DDR2 SDRAM DIMMs with gold-plated contacts
* Unbuffered, single-sided or double-sided DIMMs with the following restriction: Double-sided DIMMs with x16 organization are not supported.
* 2 GB maximum total system memory
* Minimum total system memory: 128 MB
* Non-ECC DIMMs
* Serial Presence Detect
* DDR2 533 or DDR2 400 MHz SDRAM DIMMs

- Intel.com

^ Hope this clears your doubts !

junkiedogg said:
Google is your friend. Just a simple search for
D945GCCR maximum RAM

reveals that it can have upto 4GB.
It will definitely support 2GB as even my old D102GGC2 mobo for Pentium D supported 2GB.

And you didn't bother looking up Intel's site???

raptor3624 said:
I did google this.Intel would say it would support 4Gb but some other links I checked said that a 4GB(2 X 2GB that I was planning earlier) wouldn't be utilized fully.
Would 4gb ddr2 ram work on intel d945gccr motherboard?? - Yahoo! Answers
I was planning to buy a RAM with higher speed so I was not entirely sure about the Intel site also.

Like I pointed out earlier,your mobo supports only 2GB of ram...
Even if you were to buy RAM with frequency over 553mhz (say 667,800mhz) it would still run at 553mhz,being limited by the mobo's FSB limit...

And don't go by the specs mentioned on various Online shopping sites...

Back