Where is the Mumbai Grey Market

amitmk

Adept
Hi.. Where can I get the SOny Bravia V series TVs in the so called grey market?

Heera Panna?? Do let me know the places where I will be able to get the TV without bill & warranty.

Also if any of you have an indication of any 32 LCD grey market price then plz do let me know. Thanks

would advise u to buy it from alfa even if its a tad cheaper at other locations.....at alfa u can demand for a boxed piece , get it open in front of u and checked and then taken....alfa people will guide u further incase any problem arrises too , however other people will lift their hands up if bought from other locations.

dude more than success stories of itemns bought 4 cheap u`ll find harrowing tales of ppl stuck with dead items..tread carefully in these dark lanes of inviting deals...

For electronics and particularly for TVs, dont look anywhere other than Alfa. These guys will get you a sealed piece, will deliver at your home. set it up, let you check and pay at your home without taking a single penny in advance( no additional charges for home delivery ). Will even help regarding the service if needed in the future. Reliable, honest and trustworthy guys. And yes you get the fresh piece with them.

amitmk said:
Will Heera Panna or Manish Market be cheaper??

Btw where is Manish Market. Just heard of it.

Better then Manish Market and Heera Panna is Musafarkhana which is very close to Manish Market... a map .... Musafarkhana is named as M Khana Road in the Map. I have never been to M Khana Road, but I have been told that their prices are the lowest in town.

guys i have a same query i wana purchase an lcdtv ....im looking for the sony klv 40w300a from alfa.....can anybody tell me what the grey price for this tv from alfa would be as of current date and does anybody know the cost of the 46 inch w series from alfa.

thanks in advance and could someone post the contact number of this alfa 3 place

thanks.

hey man .... dont u every go to MANISH MARKET , MUSTAFA OR HP not reilable unless u know someone .. they cheat a lot .. best place is ALFA u get everything at aweosme price. its in Vile parle . so u can catch a train to andher station or vp both are very near to it. once u reach any one of the station just tell any rick guy u wanna go to Irla . and they will take u there :) 5 places of alfa where u will get everything. .. MOBILE , TVS , CHOC , WATCHES everything.. :D

I agree with anks, these places are recommended only if you know your way around. They're just waiting to swoop upon you if they sense you're a babe in the woods.

Check out Alfa, you might pay a bit extra compared to some of the other places, but the sense of security you get in not having been ripped off makes it totally worth it. If you need a landmark for Alfa, it's 5 minutes from Mithibai college. Not that the rickshaw guy or the common man on the street, won't know where it is, but just for your own reference.

@ sri_k: as far as i remember, they do.

Hi all
This is my first post and I had a query on watches. I'm planning to get one, have checked out Alfa they have good variety. My friends told me to check out Heera Panna too. Now I've been to this place decades ago but don't know a reliable store to buy watches.

Can anyone suggest a reliable store in Heera Panna to buy watches??

Also wanted to know whether I should end up buying from Heera Panna or Alfa???

Much Thanks :)

in Hp u will get quality fakes from malasiya and china for cheap.... alfa has bad collection of watches in this respect... manish suxx in this respect

For someone who is going to manish market & Musafir Khana (MK)for a Long time, I still dont believe in buying anything of higher value from there (Though I did purchase a Discman from there for 4K nearly 6 yrs back) But I do know someone at Ninja so my gaming needs are taken care of.

As for LCDs etc purchase from Alfa or get ppl who have contacts in MK but then u have to pay some amount to the middleman.

Still I would really suggest Alfa for this purpose.

Musafirkhana has a notoriety for delivering soaps instead of cell phones in the packing. They advice you not to open the packing there as its grey market and once you are out and open it you find yourself with a very costly soap !!!

Have read about the same in a few forums and heard it too from a few friends. Stick to Alfa for your grey market needs

My guess is watches at both Heera Panna & Alfa (to some extent) are Fakes. So u can give a try at Alfa for some reliability. But ,mostly they have very formal; watches at Alfa. So ur choice would be restricted. But there some shops other than Alfa shops on the same road where u can find Heera Panna like watches too. Be ready to bargain.

So GO IRLA for some retail therapy !!

PS- Alfa is expected to come at Bhandup by year end !!

bombaybaba said:
My guess is watches at both Heera Panna & Alfa (to some extent) are Fakes. So u can give a try at Alfa for some reliability. But ,mostly they have very formal; watches at Alfa. So ur choice would be restricted. But there some shops other than Alfa shops on the same road where u can find Heera Panna like watches too. Be ready to bargain.
So GO IRLA for some retail therapy !!

PS- Alfa is expected to come at Bhandup by year end !!

Thanks! I'm looking for Casio G-shocks (for daily wear, trying to find the best deal) and a Skagen C6 Corvette Watch (Formal wear, again, looking for the best deal on both).

I found a lot of breitlings, gucci, guess, tag heuers in alfa - I don't remember if they carried g-shocks.

I liked a G-shock costing 10K Rs :O but this was at a "genuine" store selling at retail prices. I really haven't even Seen any Skagen C6's anywhere yet
. I hope they're available in Mumbai. Here's a pic of both that I found on the internet. I'll check out other stores at alfa like u mentioned :hap2: hope i find a good deal.

Attachments

• WATCH_C6_SKAGEN.jpg
    WATCH_C6_SKAGEN.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 897
  • casio-g-shock-gw1200ba-review.jpg
    casio-g-shock-gw1200ba-review.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 845
Back