Where this country is heading - do you have any hope ?

how to survive and have a respectable life in this country?

• Not Possible

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • OP is Antinational

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • OP has black money in Swiss bank

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • what is respect? What is life? Pay taxes & just Pay Taxex, make india Sooperpawa in 2020.

Votes: 18 32.1%

• Total voters
Police reform has been a recurring topic for long. Impression i get is we have a police force that remains unchanged since the Brits were here. Not pro people, but pro system. Nobody wants to make cops more independent as it means they cannot be controlled by politicians. Also police are a cost centre, they don't generate revenue so where are the resources to increase their numbers going to come from. Quantity is no good unless there is quality some where as well. The flip side of this is if there are too many cops it feels like they are out to get you just to make up the monthly quota to justify their presence as occurs in the US.

Cop does his job he could get pulled up by his boss or transferred, doesn't do his job the public will abuse him.

I believe if for example a system is laid down like in rest of the countries where road fines reflect directly in your license or resident card for us "adhar card" a lot of bribery would automatically stop ? of course not eliminate it completely. But current situation i think our cops all division including traffic and crime are underpaid. I think providing them with better pay and facilities will certainly motivate them.

This is going to take some PR. A lot of people i speak to say the police won't lift a finger unless something is paid. Or if you find them being friendly then its better to leave because they will be asking for donations or whatever. Point is they have a serious image problem

Depends on the case. But i've not needed to do that. It does take a lot of time to work with them because of the constant interruptions. Trying to fill in a missing persons complaint the woman officer taking my complaint gets calls every few minutes. What should have taken maybe half an hour ended up taking well over an hour.

So i asked her what her working hours were like. Thankless for the most part. She said 12h sometimes longer. Then i asked her why she wanted to be a cop, this has to be the shittiest of jobs to do in India. No answer. I suppose if one in the family is like that then children follow.

I am currently working in Oman its a small country near Dubai. These countries in the gulf have a very good law system in place. There is fine and penalty and very strict laws to be followed. Crime rate is very low. Especially crime against women. One good reason I find is police departments and other agencies have excellent pay which motivated them to work hard and are also rewarded for for achievements. I think our home ministry should really look into our Police force pay scale and workout a plan. Ultimately they are the onces who can control crime.
Main issue in Indian prospect is political interference in police and law enforcement work.
Control that and police would be optimal as before.

Why do you say that ? the internet has a tendency to make minorities look like majorities.
The reality is, most of the majority are indirectly influenced by Godi media and, even before that the thekedari of Hinduism is being taken over by RSS and affiliates. Imagine, people in the lower strata discussing to you, about packing Muslims and anti-Modi/anti-BJP to Pakistan. Imagine, common people, who are avoiding Muslim shops after following WhatsApp forwards telling them to do so! Yes! It is very easy to convince a large group. Hindu Khatre me hein is the top seller.

So, yes, a still large number is those, who voted fascists to power, for 2002 Gujarat experiments - for example. The liberals are the minority. The 4 year rule has permanently damaged the social structure and religious balances in favour of rightwing. It is very difficult to rehabilitate those educated and ill-educated and poor, who are supporters of holy cow law and mob lynching as well as excited to punish Muslims & Christians for supposedly 800 years of Persian/Afghan/Mughal rule and 150 years of British rule as taught in Sakhas. The voices expressed in a tech forum is not even 1% of the reality. Most of the people, still loves fake Indian army pages ran by Sanghparivar and subscribes to soft commandments forwarded through WhatsApp. And,..at the end, the real minorities of India - Christians, Buddhists etc are the targets of the fascists, while they really cannot enforce much into the 20 crore or more numbered Indian Muslims.

The way forward is to make the people - both Hindus and Muslims - less religious and less extremist in their views. But, how will we achieve it ever? They are busy on Hindi-Hindu-Hindustan and are working for achieving the dreams of B S Moonje, Hedgewar, M S Golwalkar, V D Savarkar and other radical fellows.

I have been abstaining from participating in this clamor after seeing this common topic of debate everywhere.

I simply realized, every political party in India has nothing to do with building the country, but make money.
Most of the people, still loves fake Indian army pages ran by Sanghparivar and subscribes to soft commandments forwarded through WhatsApp.
Friend's friend earned crores in the last Karnataka elections just running such "Digital Marketing" for both RaGa and Namo. The same guy personally interacted with Raga and A.Shah
Modus operanda are simple, employ people who can percolate messages via facebook and Whatsapp posts.
Messages would be convincing enough that group members later circulate to other groups and gradually brain-wash a huge mass, educated and the illiterate alike.

And I am sure, this guy would be one of the thousands who is employed to simply split the country to a situation where the country is now.
I wonder when will the hallucination stop

The reality is, most of the majority are indirectly influenced by Godi media and, even before that the thekedari of Hinduism is being taken over by RSS and affiliates. Imagine, people in the lower strata discussing to you, about packing Muslims and anti-Modi/anti-BJP to Pakistan. Imagine, common people, who are avoiding Muslim shops after following WhatsApp forwards telling them to do so! Yes! It is very easy to convince a large group. Hindu Khatre me hein is the top seller.
My point is whether all this happens only in the buildup to elections. After wards things revert back to the earlier equilibrium ?

We've seen this before. See my earlier post

Any difference or just same old tricks.

With the last election all i heard was this and that scam non-stop for a good couple of years to the buildup. This time there are less scams so this polarising narrative is taking precedence. I thought the scam hype was just that and think the same about polarisation as well.

So, yes, a still large number is those, who voted fascists to power, for 2002 Gujarat experiments - for example. The liberals are the minority. The 4 year rule has permanently damaged the social structure and religious balances in favour of rightwing. It is very difficult to rehabilitate those educated and ill-educated and poor, who are supporters of holy cow law and mob lynching as well as excited to punish Muslims & Christians for supposedly 800 years of Persian/Afghan/Mughal rule and 150 years of British rule as taught in Sakhas. The voices expressed in a tech forum is not even 1% of the reality. Most of the people, still loves fake Indian army pages ran by Sanghparivar and subscribes to soft commandments forwarded through WhatsApp. And,..at the end, the real minorities of India - Christians, Buddhists etc are the targets of the fascists, while they really cannot enforce much into the 20 crore or more numbered Indian Muslims.
As for liberals being in the minority, just compare number of liberal publications, web, TV etc to right wing. I think the former dwarfs the latter. Not just in this country but worldwide. If a right win leader comes to power, the highly exaggerated trope whether liberalism is dead comes out. Said leader then rules and is either reinstated or booted out. If out then order has been restored and liberalism has been saved. Rinse & repeat.

Vote share last time for BJP was 1 in 3. This is large by contemporary standards but it also means the majority didn't vote for them. A first past the post system which we follow allows them into office.

Implication of what you're saying is BJP will increase its vote share and go higher than 280 ? Are you predicting that on the basis of what you sense online ?

Lot of people thought it was hindutva that put Modi in office. I think it was his promise of development & jobs that did it, and this message resonated strongly with the young. Are jobs available to meet expectations today ? which way will those young vote this time. People like to think the last NDA lost because of Godhra, i think it was more the state of the economy that did it. In 2003 my CM and the one in Andhra were thrown out. And it will be a factor again

Listening to chat by Prof. Nalapat. He was asking just how much of a a right wing agenda has Modi really implemented . There is not a lot to show for there. if this is what someone who has been contributing articles to the RSS Organiser magazine since 1998 has to say then I'd say the BJP's secular credentials are quite intact as a consequence.

Reason you are seeing more or it seems that way is the cost of accessing internet has become the lowest on the planet. So now more people will get on line. Many phones + cheaper internet = more whatsapp. A lot of sheep that can be influenced in what ever direction.

You are also assuming people will stick to just one party. hah! in my state and increasingly in others people are willing to shop around for another party when the elections are up. UP is a prime example. Since 2004 no incumbent returned.

The way forward is to make the people - both Hindus and Muslims - less religious and less extremist in their views. But, how will we achieve it ever? They are busy on Hindi-Hindu-Hindustan and are working for achieving the dreams of B S Moonje, Hedgewar, M S Golwalkar, V D Savarkar and other radical fellows.
There is fear mongering going by with both sides. It's not sustainable. Works for a short while, can backfire if pushed too far. A fear psychosis is being created for political gain by both sides. All these characters you quoted were in opposition to gandhi's policies because they were afraid where it would lead. Savarkar narrowly escaped being implicated in Gandhi's death. As a result the so called Hindu right went into hibernation only to be rehabilitated after the emergency. I have problems with this term 'hindu right' , is it only hindus that are right wing. Of course not, but its a nice polarising way of putting it.

Today Tharoor says if BJP wins again, India will turn into Hindu Pakistan. heh[DOUBLEPOST=1531398323][/DOUBLEPOST]
I simply realized, every political party in India has nothing to do with building the country, but make money.
They want to win. If in office to retain it. This is the imperative. Everything else is secondary, including any ideology they espouse

Last edited:
Although I am least interested in Politics, one cannot miss the fact that none of the leaders or parties is worth our votes. We only chose to trust the lesser evil and hope they improve our lives. The worst part about this country is the return on taxes.

I live in Navi Mumbai and work in Mumbai. Ever since I can think rational, the city has been a construction playground. If you commute by road, you will come across so many hurdles that the city feels like a Fear Factor challenge on a daily basis.

Sadly, we can only talk about it here and the levels of ignorance go beyond a normal citizen's reach. I remember studying CIDCO internal affairs as a part of a project and was totally shocked at the puny factor being each of us dwelling in this city. For eg. Some CIDCO authority literally refused to do a work saying it is not his work, whereas it was. When the person decided to complain about CIDCO and sue authorities, his case number was 3xxxxxx (3 lac something). The courts too are least bothered about cases against governing bodies.

The more you think about it - Slavery just got glorified in this time and age. Our jobs make us a slave to the money minting system and we are rewarded for churning the large wheel. Don't know about other gods, but humans created a new one called "Money". From birth till death, this is your reality and there is barely anything that money can't buy.

Read somewhere about the earnings, expenditure, and taxes of a normal citizen in India. Apparently, we only earn enough to pay enough and the circle broadens. The end result was that a person has barely 20-25% of his total earnings to use at his/her leisure and with the desires we possess, that rate goes down further.

Being slaves, there is nothing you can do. Manipulators know how to manipulate the system and we would be fools to think otherwise. Enjoy your mere mortal life with whatever you have and yes, this country is still much better than most others. The grass is always greener on the other side, doesn't matter which side you look from. Cheers and peace to all.

Where this country is heading?
Nowhere and all figures seems useless from common mans perspective.

Do i have any hope?
What hopes can one have from Indian politism?
Every party just busy proving their superiority over others while doing no good. Crimes increasing costs increasing law still age old.
On name of development wasting our tax money on metros and bullet trains but nobody cares for unemployment which has increased in past few years.
Either anybody do good or bad the common man always gets f**up and still struggles to even live on the edge.

Today Tharoor says if BJP wins again, India will turn into Hindu Pakistan. heh
His view isn't far away from reality. It will be more like Hindutva Pakistan. Hindutva is the radicals (RSS-Sanghparivar umbreall orgs) and not common Hindus. Hindutvvaadis are the re-incarnation of Hitler and Goebbels and are experts in covert attacks be it Samjhauta express, Malegaon and G-d knows how many others. Gujarat 2002 is by far their best, along with Babri masjid demolition.

The core reason is, they are following a radical cult like group whose ideologies are formed by Golwalkar, Savarkar and others who expressed the view that by nature Abrahamic religious followers are internal threat of the Hindu nation and needs to be eternally reduced to Dhimmitude. The rule based on Manusmruti and other backward thoughts, as well as siphoning off the wealth to enrich their pockets. Truly, the biggest extremists and scammers India is witnessing now. Sangh apologists are not going to change even in a 100 centuries. They will identify as Congressi, BJP or even AAP, but the true color is very closer to radical Islamists.

His view isn't far away from reality. It will be more like Hindutva Pakistan. Hindutva is the radicals (RSS-Sanghparivar umbreall orgs) and not common Hindus. Hindutvvaadis are the re-incarnation of Hitler and Goebbels and are experts in covert attacks be it Samjhauta express, Malegaon and G-d knows how many others. Gujarat 2002 is by far their best, along with Babri masjid demolition.
Thing is what have they managed to do in this present term ? Nothing! but you are saying they will definitely do something if BJP is re-elected again. Really ?

The core reason is, they are following a radical cult like group whose ideologies are formed by Golwalkar, Savarkar and others who expressed the view that by nature Abrahamic religious followers are internal threat of the Hindu nation and needs to be eternally reduced to Dhimmitude. The rule based on Manusmruti and other backward thoughts, as well as siphoning off the wealth to enrich their pockets. Truly, the biggest extremists and scammers India is witnessing now. Sangh apologists are not going to change even in a 100 centuries. They will identify as Congressi, BJP or even AAP, but the true color is very closer to radical Islamists.
So you see the scare mongering from another side now. Both are doing it. This way the sheep are herded into the right pens. More the better.

How can filling people's heads with nonsense change what they experience on a daily basis. What it will do is entrench positions in communally sensitive areas of which exist around the country. These problems existed before the BJP even showed up but is now fishing in troubled waters for profit, like any other party has done. Vote for us they say and your problems will be over. After term is up again the same promise is made.

I notice hardliners have a tendency to hog the limelight from time to time. The BJP gives them an outlet now and then to appease them and they go away after. These types think the BJP owes them a living so they take advantage. I'm just surprised you think they are as influential. Why ? some loudmouths here and there. They've been around since the twenties now. That is nearly hundred years. What is the progress since. Glacial isn't it. How it suddenly accelerates next term when it hasn't to much extent this time ?

Is he talking about a Hindu pakistan ? no he's talking about indonesia

Nazism ? no think Zionism

I find it pretty telling that one of the most authoritative works on the RSS comes from a foreigner. An American. A white guy ?!? Published sometime in the late 80s. He was an embassy staffer then

Because Indians are only capable of two kinds of narratives here. Either glorifying or villifying (!)

Last edited:
Fear-mongering. Tell that to Gauri Lankesh. Oh wait, you can't. She was shot dead.

One example i've chosen from countless others. The other day a friend was telling me that the situation in india right now is unseen till now, even considering terrorist level rioting and rampaging by shiv sena goons etc. back in the good ole days. These days people are lynching not just on hindu-muslim lines, but any BS spread on whatsapp. Like kidnappings. The main problem isn't the spread of fake news. It's that these people believe that they can get away with anything because they have a supreme commander who supports them, even following hate criminals on twitter etc. Ministers garlanding lynchers takes the cake.

Fear mongering. Shame on you people.

But current situation i think our cops all division including traffic and crime are underpaid. I think providing them with better pay and facilities will certainly motivate them.

You cannot solve every problem by throwing money at it. Corruption and lethargy has nothing to do with Pay scale. It may be used as a excuse, but its not the reason for it. Telangana has pretty good pay scales for police. A Police Constable gets basic pay ranging from 16,400 - 49,870. Starting total pay is in the 30k range and goes up from there. That doesn't stop them from being corrupt or indifferent.

upload_2018-7-13_23-36-56.png

The main problem isn't the spread of fake news. It's that these people believe that they can get away with anything because they have a supreme commander who supports them, even following hate criminals on twitter etc. Ministers garlanding lynchers takes the cake.
Who cares what this minister does. The perps have already been convicted. These perps can look at a garland while they serve out their terms.

Had there been support by a so called 'supreme commander', these people wouldn't be convicted then yes ?

Fear mongering. Shame on you people.
On the contrary this is exactly what i encourage more to do. I had you in mind when i posted that video.

With lynchings the problem IS fake messages

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-44709103

In one of the most recent lynchings, in the north-eastern state of Tripura, the victim was a man employed by local government officials to go around villages with a loudspeaker, asking locals not to believe the rumours being spread on social media.

What to do there ? ban whatsapp. Let govt snoop on every message

WHAT ?

Last edited:
Back