Where this country is heading - do you have any hope ?

how to survive and have a respectable life in this country?

• Not Possible

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • OP is Antinational

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • OP has black money in Swiss bank

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • what is respect? What is life? Pay taxes & just Pay Taxex, make india Sooperpawa in 2020.

Votes: 18 32.1%

• Total voters
Last edited:
A positive news, a ray of hope:
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...dominated-up-village/articleshow/65000907.cms

Though such incidents highlight the narrow-mindedness still in force in our society but such incidents are giving hope that the suppressed once will find their way out of the yoke.
I congratulate the courageous groom and thank the UP police.
Question unanswered is how do you task 350 cops for this one event and why. Not everybody can get this so how did this guy pull the right strings

https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...e-prejudice/story-iTmXibaEDWYVQVJpffTpjP.html

The district administration refused permission at first, but Jatav refused to back down, appealing to the district magistrate, the superintendent of police, the Allahabad high court and even the chief minister’s office.

Anybody can appeal, but what turned the tide here.

Dalits form around a fifth of Uttar Pradesh’ population and Jatavs are the largest Dalit group, considered a loyal support base of former chief minister Mayawati.

Votes to be had in an election year ;)

The top decided it would be better to make this problem go away ignoring the status quo so as not to be painted anti-dalit.

Meaning this is a one-off and not going to be repeated. Hence no big deal letting this one get through

Asked why her family is taking the risk of retribution in a village where Dalits are outnumbered 1:10, the bride, Sheetal Kumari, said: “We want our fair share of rights. India is a free country and the Constitution gives everyone equal rights.”
What rights is she referring to. Freedom to take your racket wherever you want ?

Despite the successful wedding, the fight for the Dalit families may not have ended as hostilities continue to simmer. “Not one Thakur in the village will attend this wedding,” said Rupender Chauhan, a village resident. “Repercussions will follow, if not in two days then in two years.”
Bottom line

Where will India be in 2030 ? if all goes to plan 3rd biggest economy in nominal terms is a given. If not see Brazil & South Africa today. But it doesn't have to be like that if we make the right choices.

Always interesting to hear the NSA talk, he has this ability to cut through a lot of crap. He wants people to dream. Kalam said the same thing too.

Shots fired.

All warfare is based on deception. - Sun Tzu

I find most Indians very uninformed about how modern warfare works. You are always in the midst of a war. The tools of war keep changing. Media has always been an important tool of war.

Your enemies want you to believe that there is no war.

If you believe you are living in a time of peace, your enemies have succeeded. Consider yourself on the losing side.

Last edited:
Where will India be in 2030 ? if all goes to plan 3rd biggest economy in nominal terms is a given.

TL;DR

I stopped listening to economists (esp the one who have policy prescriptions). I really believe economists claim to know more than they actually do. I find them as useful as astrologers.

Obsessive focus on optimizing some number like GDP or Sensex is mostly willy waving. There are lot of short term ways to push these numbers up (interest rates/debt). Those decisions , however, can have huge long term cost.

I would like to hear from an economist who has a plan for grand-children's welfare.

Last edited:
I stopped listening to economists (esp the one who have policy prescriptions). I really believe economists claim to know more than they actually do. I find them as useful as astrologers.
Which economist are you referring to ?

And i'd recommend people watch his talk, all of it before commenting about it.

When I mentioned the absurdity of the bullet train and later hyperloop in our clearly underdeveloped country, people countered saying that this is the way forward, to grow, cant really wait for the rest of the country's infrastructure to develop before implementing modern tech, what about airplanes etc etc.

Now these statues costing 1000s of crores of our money, how exactly does this help our country? Promoting patriotism? in our heads and minds? If we need half billion dollar statues to make us feel better about ourselves and our country then we probably need psychiatric help, not statues...

When I mentioned the absurdity of the bullet train and later hyperloop in our clearly underdeveloped country, people countered saying that this is the way forward, to grow, cant really wait for the rest of the country's infrastructure to develop before implementing modern tech, what about airplanes etc etc.
You mean to tell me Delhi & Bangalore Metros are white elephants ?

Now these statues costing 1000s of crores of our money, how exactly does this help our country? Promoting patriotism? in our heads and minds? If we need half billion dollar statues to make us feel better about ourselves and our country then we probably need psychiatric help, not statues...

Received this as a forward, not sure if it helps
"A guy looked at #StatueofUnity pic today and said I wonder how many people could have been fed for the money that useless statue costs.

I replied I am not sure, it fed a lot of families of labor who built it, it fed the people from factories who make the steel, it fed the people from factories who make the cement, it fed the architects, it fed the engineers, It will feed the restaurants /dhabas mushrooming nearby, it will feed the hotels where tourist will reside, it will feed the guide and most important it will feed the deprived Indian souls to be an agent of Unity for a nation vulnerable from thousands of self-interest groups.

That is the difference between capitalism and welfare mentality. When you buy something, you put money in people's pockets, and give them dignity for their skills. When you give someone something for nothing, you rob them of sustainable living.Time for India to recognize virtues of capitalism, honor celebrating icons and invest in heritage."

If you want a critique of the statue i think this one hits harder

liberty unity.jpg

"A guy looked at #StatueofUnity pic today and said I wonder how many people could have been fed for the money that useless statue costs.

I replied I am not sure, it fed a lot of families of labor who built it, it fed the people from factories who make the steel, it fed the people from factories who make the cement, it fed the architects, it fed the engineers, It will feed the restaurants /dhabas mushrooming nearby, it will feed the hotels where tourist will reside, it will feed the guide and most important it will feed the deprived Indian souls to be an agent of Unity for a nation vulnerable from thousands of self-interest groups.

That is the difference between capitalism and welfare mentality. When you buy something, you put money in people's pockets, and give them dignity for their skills. When you give someone something for nothing, you rob them of sustainable living.Time for India to recognize virtues of capitalism, honor celebrating icons and invest in heritage."

Like most whatsapp forwards, that is the biggest load of crock i've heard recently.

So if they used those thousands of crores to build something useful, like you know, schools, hospitals or even accommodation for the underprivileged, all those people mentioned wouldn't have jobs then? It's only building a statue that will 'feed' them? Agent of unity ! Hahahaha, good one. People see someone dying on the street and walk past without a second glance, but this statue will suddenly unite and make them good citizens.

Instead of whitewashing and sweeping shit under the carpet, call it out for what it is. Retarded bhakts are seriously going to defend waste of public money as something honorable. The sane among us are tired of your lies and bullcrap. Give it a rest already.

And I am sure, the project also helped fill deep pockets of many, whose only motive in life is to plunder the sarkari khazanaa.

Like most whatsapp forwards, that is the biggest load of crock i've heard recently.

So if they used those thousands of crores to build something useful, like you know, schools, hospitals or even accommodation for the underprivileged, all those people mentioned wouldn't have jobs then? It's only building a statue that will 'feed' them? Agent of unity ! Hahahaha, good one. People see someone dying on the street and walk past without a second glance, but this statue will suddenly unite and make them good citizens.

Instead of whitewashing and sweeping shit under the carpet, call it out for what it is. Retarded bhakts are seriously going to defend waste of public money as something honorable. The sane among us are tired of your lies and bullcrap. Give it a rest already.

Not to mention the long term jobs that building hospitals and schools are going to create. But as usual India is all about bragging over hot air and nothing else. So, it will keep wasting the resources that they accumulate from tax payers on useless statues while blaming the British, Moguls, Pakistan or the western culture for every issue.

The irony is that BJP and their followers have nothing good in common with the ideology of Sardar Patel.

So if they used those thousands of crores to build something useful, like you know, schools, hospitals or even accommodation for the underprivileged, all those people mentioned wouldn't have jobs then? It's only building a statue that will 'feed' them?

'Think of the poor' is a cliched talking point.

Every system will fall short when compared to an imaginary utopia. What are your political beliefs/affiliations? Has <whatever your political ideology is> served the underprivileged better than this one?

As for building monuments, every civilization since the dawn of humanity has built 'useless' monuments. So nothing new here. Unless you take the view that every 'useless' monument ever built should be demolished and space freed up to house the poor or build schools, your argument is on thin ice.

Last edited:
'Think of the poor' is a cliched talking point.

Every system will fall short when compared to an imaginary utopia. What are your political beliefs/affiliations? Has <whatever your political ideology is> served the underprivileged better than this one?

As for building monuments, every civilization since the dawn of humanity has built 'useless' monuments. So nothing new here. Unless you take the view that every 'useless' monument ever built should be demolished and space freed up to house the poor or build schools, your argument is on thin ice.

The Taj Mahal was built by a monarch
Statue of Unity was built by a democracy. Big difference.
Anyone with any sense would suggest schools and hospitals as a better investment.
All of us posting here are relatively well-off next to the general populace but can you even claim that you have 24/7 electricity in your home/office?
Does anyone here feel we don't need a UPS for our pc's anymore? Or is that an imaginary utopia we should forget about?
I don't care which political party built this statue - I would still criticise them regardless. It's a waste of time and money.
The saddest part of this is Sardar Patel would have been horrified at this.

Last edited:
^^ Exactly this. We are no longer in a monarchy or dictatorship where the king or dictator owns the people.

In a democracy, the govt is meant to be a servant of the people. The money we pay as taxes is meant to be used for

1. Essential Infrastructure and services for the tax payers as the highest priority
2. Welfare and uplifting of those who are still in poverty or in need of help and not just for building vote banks.

Anything else comes only after that. That is the political philosophy that that I believe in when we call i t a democracy.

I understand that it costs some tax money to protect the existing monuments, but I don't see the point of constructing the worlds tallest statue at huge expense except to become the laughing stock of the entire world as the country where 60% of the population does not have access to toilets, has high level of poverty and unemployment, illiteracy, superstition , very low tax payer ratio, but still sees it fit to use the limited resources that it has for erecting statures and bragging about it.

I don't care which political party built this statue - I would still criticise them regardless.

That's admirable.

But don't forget that many of the posts here are political attacks under the mask of (in all probability fake) compassion. Judging one's opponent by an absurd utopian standard is a garden variety political tactic. I wish these people used more sophisticated arguments.

Some of us have memories of the 'Garibi Hatao' andolan. We have seen these 'think of the poor' people in action.

Last edited:
The saddest part of this is Sardar Patel would have been horrified at this.

Welfare and uplifting of the underprivileged was one of the core tenets of his philosophy. So yes, he would be horrified.

Setting an absurdly high standard for one's opponent is a garden variety political tactic.

Well, who exactly set those standards? Isn't it say BJP for instance that claims that they are different from others and claimed that they live and work by higher standards? But you don't think that people who hold them to those same higher standards that they set for themselves?

Back