Budget 51-70k Where to buy from lamington road?

Are you a desi hater? As you have only listed desi psus.
&
Apart from CM you havent mentioned a single global brand. Havent you heard about Corsair, Antec, XFX or Seasonic??

Nope, not desi hater. But many indian shops sell these brands and mostly all are bad PSU.
You want me to add bad PSU from global brands??
I know desi bad PSU only.
Maybe @bssunilreddy will help you in this.

Nope, not desi hater. But many indian shops sell these brands and mostly all are bad PSU.
You want me to add bad PSU from global brands??
I know desi bad PSU only.
Maybe @bssunilreddy will help you in this.
There are so many PSUs under budget like Antec VP450P , Antec VP550P.
Best budget PSUs like Seasonic S12II 430w, Seasonic S12II 520w/620w.
Best budget Modular PSUs like Seasonic M12II 520w/620w.

Other than these Corsair PSUs are best from CS Series to RX Series but are costly compared with Seasonic or Antec.

There are so many PSUs under budget like Antec VP450P , Antec VP550P.
Best budget PSUs like Seasonic S12II 430w, Seasonic S12II 520w/620w.
Best budget Modular PSUs like Seasonic M12II 520w/620w.

Other than these Corsair PSUs are best from CS Series to RX Series but are costly compared with Seasonic or Antec.
@nRiTeCh, he wants to know poor bad PSU from global brands.

If this is true, i'll be directly going to them and buy the build. as 50-100 rs here and there is alright. not like 500-1000 i suppose? :sweatsmile:
Prices of prime are 10-20% higher. Better to first get prices from cassette world, subtract at least 10% from their prices and give those rates to prime after receiving their quote.

Prices of prime are 10-20% higher. Better to first get prices from cassette world, subtract at least 10% from their prices and give those rates to prime after receiving their quote.

Great idea, i tried this sometimes and i get answer like "jao jake wahi se le lo" ;)
But i never went to prime as rates were higher most of the times, i bought it from MacIT solution next to PC guide. As per your experience i will go to prime this time after getting quotation from cassette world. :)

This should be lami SOP.

I must add, even if they don't compromise and are still higher price, i would still prefer to buy from Prime rather than deal with the retards in most other stores.

This should be lami SOP.

I must add, even if they don't compromise and are still higher price, i would still prefer to buy from Prime rather than deal with the retards in most other stores.

Dont know why you've had a negative experience with other stores. In fact not only have i found Prime to now be resting on their laurels and arrogant/aloof - they also are more expensive 8/10 times when compared to market rates from others!

Dont know why you've had a negative experience with other stores. In fact not only have i found Prime to now be resting on their laurels and arrogant/aloof - they also are more expensive 8/10 times when compared to market rates from others!

Kindly mention other store names, which you had good experience? or better prices?

Great idea, i tried this sometimes and i get answer like "jao jake wahi se le lo" ;)
But i never went to prime as rates were higher most of the times, i bought it from MacIT solution next to PC guide. As per your experience i will go to prime this time after getting quotation from cassette world. :)

Oh yes, MacIT is also decent.

Kindly mention other store names, which you had good experience? or better prices?

there are so many dude.. can't possibly list many beyond what have already been mentioned here.. PC Guide is one of them.. basically you keep trying multiple stores along the lane.. quite of few of them are accommodating.

I've been shopping at lami for computer stuff since i was a kid back in the early 90s and prime was probably the only store with that quality and exclusivity of products. There was cassette world (owner's son was a schoolmate) but they were into more grey market imports and not up to prime's level even then. Gulbir is an exceptional person, and i would give him my business over the other bs talking baniya attitude stores any day even if he was more expensive. They have often gone above and beyond what any other store would do in terms of service and support.

Of course, i've had issues with them too, but nothing that wasn't resolved by a quick mail cc'd to gulbir. I agree, of late prime might be losing the plot and the management should definitely look into it. it's been ages since i've shopped at lami though, so can't really comment about the current situation. But if i were to go there today, i would ask around at a couple of the street level shops and then go to prime, negotiate and still buy from them anyway. a couple hundred bucks more is worth not having to deal with morons in case of the worst.

I've been shopping at lami for computer stuff since i was a kid back in the early 90s and prime was probably the only store with that quality and exclusivity of products. There was cassette world (owner's son was a schoolmate) but they were into more grey market imports and not up to prime's level even then. Gulbir is an exceptional person, and i would give him my business over the other bs talking baniya attitude stores any day even if he was more expensive. They have often gone above and beyond what any other store would do in terms of service and support.

Of course, i've had issues with them too, but nothing that wasn't resolved by a quick mail cc'd to gulbir. I agree, of late prime might be losing the plot and the management should definitely look into it. it's been ages since i've shopped at lami though, so can't really comment about the current situation. But if i were to go there today, i would ask around at a couple of the street level shops and then go to prime, negotiate and still buy from them anyway. a couple hundred bucks more is worth not having to deal with morons in case of the worst.

Really? We stopped buying because I found prime to be expensive and too rigid. Its ok for my personal stuff where I prefer the service, but when I buy in bulk, not really.

As for above and beyond, I found Arihant to be that for my server stuff. They have better chaps for enterprise as well.

I have rarely had them not match the price if i told them about another place giving a better rate.

They're good for retail, not really sure if they would handle bulk/enterprise as well...

I have rarely had them not match the price if i told them about another place giving a better rate.

They're good for retail, not really sure if they would handle bulk/enterprise as well...

pray, what be thy secret? I've mostly got - take it or leave it from them lately. Also - this is what we have - dont have what you need - dont know where to get it / cant get it for you.

there are so many dude.. can't possibly list many beyond what have already been mentioned here.. PC Guide is one of them.. basically you keep trying multiple stores along the lane.. quite of few of them are accommodating.

Lol, i am not saying to name the list. When we purchase very few shops make a impression one can't forget. I was looking for those 2-3 names. Of-course you might have been through many & changed your opinion too.

As for above and beyond, I found Arihant to be that for my server stuff. They have better chaps for enterprise as well.

And good for normal desktop stuff too? Arihant?

pray, what be thy secret? I've mostly got - take it or leave it from them lately. Also - this is what we have - dont have what you need - dont know where to get it / cant get it for you.

Haha, no secret, I just know them since around 1995 i think. Ashok had turned into a bit of a khadoos in terms of bargaining but Swapnil was pretty ok. But yeah, they pretty much stopped trying to procure stuff they can't easily get years ago. I still remember when I needed a front panel port pcb for my ibox grabit case, ashok scoured (on the phone) probably every store in lami till they got one for me. This was maybe 15 years or so ago.

If you're not happy with their service maybe speak to Gulbir about it. I'm sure they could do without the negative publicity.

Back