Budget 51-70k Where to buy from lamington road?

Btw, i don't really do much computer shopping these days, have pretty much stopped integrating for people, so it's really easier and sometimes cheaper to buy stuff online.

And the after sales service I used to get from prime was if i had an RMA, i'd just send them or drop off the item at their place and they would do everything, including courier it back to me, provided i pay for that. But with most other shops (dunno if prime is exactly like that now) who insist the buyer take the product direct to the service center, you might as well buy online then. I mean what's the whole point wasting time, effort and money going all the way to lami if after your purchase you have zero contact with them?

I think the big difference was DOAs, if you went to a lami store the same day or the next, they would arrange for an immediate replacement. Dunno how it is today, but if you get an online DOA then it would take time for your replacement.

Haha, no secret, I just know them since around 1995 i think. Ashok had turned into a bit of a khadoos in terms of bargaining but Swapnil was pretty ok. But yeah, they pretty much stopped trying to procure stuff they can't easily get years ago. I still remember when I needed a front panel port pcb for my ibox grabit case, ashok scoured (on the phone) probably every store in lami till they got one for me. This was maybe 15 years or so ago.

If you're not happy with their service maybe speak to Gulbir about it. I'm sure they could do without the negative publicity.

I got my second pc from them in 2001 I've known them and have interacted with Gulbir back since 99/2000. SP Datta n others were greenhorn back then. Minal was their star. Those were the days when Gulbir used to be quite active in following the scene himself. I remember having conversations with him on a few configs back in the day for specific tasks.

Anyways long story short, I was a pretty big fan of theirs till they sort of lost the plot along the way. SP Datta still recognise me till today but they are a far cry from the customer oriented people they were years ago. Now they don't go the extra mile. Even when I've told SP this he has this "below cost" reasoning.. despite me telling him I get it cheaper elsewhere.

Anyways, I don't really bother now. They're just another store I tick off the list when i go to LR to shop.. if their prices are competitive, if not I just say hi & thanks n leave.

It's not about negative publicity.. is just that I feel Gulbir should be aware that not everything is right with the way Prime has been going over the years because it's not just me who feels a bit let down, I've seen others complain of non competitive quotes from them for a while not to mention service related issues too.

Great idea, i tried this sometimes and i get answer like "jao jake wahi se le lo" ;)
But i never went to prime as rates were higher most of the times, i bought it from MacIT solution next to PC guide. As per your experience i will go to prime this time after getting quotation from cassette world. :)

Might not work now as it seems from others' experiences. I purchased from them in 2009 and they agreed for the lowest prices.

I got my second pc from them in 2001 I've known them and have interacted with Gulbir back since 99/2000. SP Datta n others were greenhorn back then. Minal was their star. Those were the days when Gulbir used to be quite active in following the scene himself. I remember having conversations with him on a few configs back in the day for specific tasks.

Anyways long story short, I was a pretty big fan of theirs till they sort of lost the plot along the way. SP Datta still recognise me till today but they are a far cry from the customer oriented people they were years ago. Now they don't go the extra mile. Even when I've told SP this he has this "below cost" reasoning.. despite me telling him I get it cheaper elsewhere.

Anyways, I don't really bother now. They're just another store I tick off the list when i go to LR to shop.. if their prices are competitive, if not I just say hi & thanks n leave.

It's not about negative publicity.. is just that I feel Gulbir should be aware that not everything is right with the way Prime has been going over the years because it's not just me who feels a bit let down, I've seen others complain of non competitive quotes from them for a while not to mention service related issues too.
Exact same sentiment with me also. I used to purchase from them regularly since 2003 but now no traction. Prices have gone up and that personal touch also went.

Minal was great, and Swapnil is about equal, if not worse. But the others... nopes.

So far, as a LR virgin, what I have gathered is. Go to Prime ABGB, Cassette world, MCann & PC guide. Get quotes and buy from the best.
I just wish there was a real life DLC for bargaining skills.

So far, as a LR virgin, what I have gathered is. Go to Prime ABGB, Cassette world, MCann & PC guide. Get quotes and buy from the best.
I just wish there was a real life DLC for bargaining skills.

Prime and PC guide will be definitely costlier. Suggest you to directly get quote from Cassette World first, ask their final best total price, then head to Prime, in between visit Mccann Infosys, Arihant Info Solutions, Mac IT Solution. Ask for at least 10% lower than Cassette World's prices.

Make sure to pay only after bill is made (sometimes they just give rough bill on ESTIMATE/QUOTATION paper), make sure it has serial numbers and GST.

So do you actually take the quote from one guy and show it to another? Say would you take Cassette world's quote and show Prime or PcGuide?

So do you actually take the quote from one guy and show it to another? Say would you take Cassette world's quote and show Prime or PcGuide?
you can do that, but what I do is make my own quote on a paper with lowest prices of each item from different stores. Someone will have RAM cheaper, someone HDD, someone GPU...you can even subtract 5-7% more..and ask for their LAST BEST TOTAL PRICE.

Problem is that after getting quotes from 3-4 stores and when we re-visit them, they recognize and after sometime quote little higher saying supplier telling more etc.

PCGuide always been expensive since like 2004, when i first made my purchase. That time i bought P4 with Computer Selection. then later on bought some accessories, printers from mahavir, between 2005-2008 something he were quoting always less than others.

Around 2010 i bought AMD Phoenix x3 build from MacIT solution with help of my friend who stays in PC guide lane itself. Now the situation is different i have no idea whatsoever who is better or who is worst. Back in time we used keep track of these shops, prime / pc guide / cassette world all were expensive. Yesterday i got quote from PCguide & prime thanks to @mihirX , all in all PCguide quoted 5k more than prime but i was thinking prime quote always expensive. :laughing:

I may need to change my build to be in budget (not buying SSD etc), cause i am thinking GST will hammer in the end and I'll end paying more than thought of :tongueout:.[DOUBLEPOST=1503038644][/DOUBLEPOST]
Depends on the pen :)

How about bowl of cornflakes, so he can write faster with full energy :tonguewink:

Problem is that after getting quotes from 3-4 stores and when we re-visit them, they recognize and after sometime quote little higher saying supplier telling more etc.
nope, tell them honestly that you'll get quotes from 2-4 more shops so give your best final total price, will come back if your's is best price..never had prob that way.

pay only after you have proper TAX INVOICE with serial numbers mentioned...

At the start, before the SP/Meenal days, there used to be a real cutie there. Forgot the name. For a teenager, this made lami visits extra special ;-)

Anyways, I got your point. I might ping this thread to Gulbir, haven't spoken to him in a long while. A friend back from the US had visited them a year or two ago and Gulbir asked him about me. But I really feel inclined to get in touch with him just to let him know about this. Or maybe he already knows and doesn't care. People do change too...

At the start, before the SP/Meenal days, there used to be a real cutie there. Forgot the name. For a teenager, this made lami visits extra special ;-)

Anyways, I got your point. I might ping this thread to Gulbir, haven't spoken to him in a long while. A friend back from the US had visited them a year or two ago and Gulbir asked him about me. But I really feel inclined to get in touch with him just to let him know about this. Or maybe he already knows and doesn't care. People do change too...

Bro tell your name in pm, i will tell this to gulbir. who knows aur discount mil jaye :p

it's my screen name itself, but i seriously doubt he will give you any special discount on my reference. the point is, it shouldn't be nepotistic in the first place, if he can't/won't match the prevailing market prices then there's something wrong because no matter how much service and support you provide (and people are saying even this isn't true anymore), competitive pricing is also very important. of course there's apple...

Back