Where to buy jeans with zippered pockets in Delhi

It works but gangs are already aware of great markets like ghaffar, chor bazaar, nehru place where phones are stripped down for parts since iPhone IMEI is tamper proof. Did you not read any articles I posted in this thread?
Stripping down the phone is too much work. If the IMEI is tamper proof then it will show up at some point. There is a difference here with iphone compared to Android. Apple's service as i understand it allows to track the phone without the user even setting it up. My cousin lost the phone before it was unboxed. The phone was delivererd to her office and it was pinched before she even got hold of it.

With android unless you set it up google won't let you track it. And a simple reset will disable tracking of that phone for the account it was setup on. Not so with Apple.

Stripping down the phone is too much work. If the IMEI is tamper proof then it will show up at some point. There is a difference here with iphone compared to Android. Apple's service as i understand it allows to track the phone without the user even setting it up. My cousin lost the phone before it was unboxed. The phone was delivererd to her office and it was pinched before she even got hold of it.

With android unless you set it up google won't let you track it. And a simple reset will disable tracking of that phone for the account it was setup on. Not so with Apple.

As far as my knowledge is concerned, if your phone is missing from your pocket after for eg: you get in a argument with someone or let it be any kind of distraction method used by the gang which has surrounded you without you even knowing it, and suddenly your phone is missing from your pocket, or if you entered a jam packed metro coach and your phone is again missing, then at that point you should understand that it is the work of professional gangs who will after 1-2 hours switch off your iPhone/Android after which it will never turn on, let alone your ability to track it using iCloud. Even if you file an online FIR, as soon as you press the submit button, you might get a call a fewhours later from an officer to confirm the details, but after that you will never hear from them again about your phone. They are least concerned

As far as my knowledge is concerned, if your phone is missing from your pocket after for eg: you get in a argument with someone or let it be any kind of distraction method used by the gang which has surrounded you without you even knowing it, and suddenly your phone is missing from your pocket, or if you entered a jam packed metro coach and your phone is again missing, then at that point you should understand that it is the work of professional gangs who will after 1-2 hours switch off your iPhone/Android after which it will never turn on, let alone your ability to track it using iCloud.
This is exactly what happened with my cousin. The phone was offline for a few weeks after she lost it. It then changed hands three times. No need to insert a sim card to verify the phone is working.

Even if you file an online FIR, as soon as you press the submit button, you might get a call a fewhours later from an officer to confirm the details, but after that you will never hear from them again about your phone. They are least concerned
It's not a question of least concerned, there is nothing to track as the phone isn't on the network.

Now the third party sold it to a student who switched it on to use it. He got it at a third of the price. This is when it showed up on apple's network. My cousin then informed the cops that the phone was live and a week later they tracked it down.

Had she not informed them about the phone coming online then it would have been lost for good.

So apple provides the tools to track the phone should it get connected to the network and it will at some point. Up to the owner to periodically check for it and do the needful.

Google provides no such facility to track the phone by IMEI. Only the telco's can do that and which network it eventually shows up on is anybody's guess.

You'd think after it was reported that the IMEI would be blacklisted and no sim would work. I'm not sure of this bit. Whether it still works but also informs the telco that its live. This is the only way for it to be found. Otherwise a blackisted IMEI that refuses a connection means phone lost for good as its inoperable in the country where it was bought.

Last edited:
Thinking of paying a visit to the Delhi Metro during peak hours just once with my mom’s backup Android phone, and not my own XS Max just for ‘Men will be men’ sake

Last edited:

Last edited:
This is the best option or DIY. Learn to sew and make exactly what you want

Just take ur existing jeans and take it to any tailor and he'll be able to sew zips in your existing pockets.

he might give you some weird looks but I think you're already used to it
Post automatically merged:

But man I spend 99% of my time online like you guys aka no lifers. Then why should I care about who give me weird looks?
This is not an answer.

This is the best option or DIY. Learn to sew and make exactly what you want

Post automatically merged:

This is not an answer.

Back