where to buy n78 ?

RaSh

Disciple
Hi All,

After reading numerous posts, ive decided to buy n78.is there any shop in chennai which is selling it at 13k?

i found only mumbai shops selling it at 12.4k

Nokia N78 - Buy Nokia N78 online in India, best price n review
and there is one online shop which is selling it

BRAND NEW NOKIA N78 MOBILE WITH NATIONAL WARRANTY & BILL eDeal.in

if i buy from edeal, i still get the nokia 1 yr waranty right?

so can u suggest any shop in chennai or any other online shop where i can buy it for the same price?

p.s- i tried looking for mobiles in hong kong, they were mostly the same price as here. no good deals from what i saw.

thanks in adv.

RaSh said:
Hi All,

After reading numerous posts, ive decided to buy n78.is there any shop in chennai which is selling it at 13k?

i found only mumbai shops selling it at 12.4k

Nokia N78 - Buy Nokia N78 online in India, best price n review
and there is one online shop which is selling it

BRAND NEW NOKIA N78 MOBILE WITH NATIONAL WARRANTY & BILL eDeal.in

if i buy from edeal, i still get the nokia 1 yr waranty right?

so can u suggest any shop in chennai or any other online shop where i can buy it for the same price?

p.s- i tried looking for mobiles in hong kong, they were mostly the same price as here. no good deals from what i saw.

thanks in adv.

from where ever u buy ensure u get 1yr company nokia warranty and not dealer warranty

madhuraj said:
Please think again before buying n78 as it has been discontinued and u may not like its keypad design.

in the 12k range the phone continues to be a total vfm , no phone offers the features the n78 does in the price range.....

do consider the e - series e63 for 13.X if needed....

My friend who owns the phone claims that the reason it was stopped was because of its FM transmitter not complying with the laws here.

Its complete VFM, the only other phone coming close to it in features im guessing would be the E51, which has a worse camera ,a smaller screen, and lacks a GPS.

I'll definitely give some thought to E63.
But other than that, i dont think theres a better VFM at 13k. 5630 xpress music seems promising but it will be released only in May and i dont think i can wait that long.

still any suggestions on where to buy?

i got a N78 about 3-4 months back! and it didnt come with an FM-transmitter!!

as in, it was built in but disabled via software! so i hacked into it and got it working!

keypad is not an issue for me! works flawlessly :hap2:

nd a truly feature rich phone! love of my life! literally:eek:hyeah:

I can link u to a blog where i posted the instructions to unlock the fm transmitter if u want! :D

For 12.4 k its a fantastic phone. U can just change ur product code and update the firmware for other region say, euro1 and u can have fm transmitter enabled :) It has the best gps performance out of all n series phones as it has a external gps antenna on its battery back cover.That means even better sattelite locks than n82 which i found was very fast.

hanzy said:
went for a price check on it today, not available in alfa today....slowly vanishing from some stores here (mumbai)........

Some of my colleagues are in mumbai. Im trying to get it through them. I hope it doesnt do the vanishing act :(

btw im in hong kong now and the prices are equal to india. no good deals :(

yogi7272 said:
For 12.4 k its a fantastic phone. U can just change ur product code and update the firmware for other region say, euro1 and u can have fm transmitter enabled :) It has the best gps performance out of all n series phones as it has a external gps antenna on its battery back cover.That means even better sattelite locks than n82 which i found was very fast.

No need for changing region!!

actually the prob was, that when N78 was released FM transmission was not allowed and so it was disabled in the firmware! after a month or 2 it was allowed and the newer units shipped with the FM transmitter enabled!

i got the one w/o the fm transmitter and just flashed it to new firmware and then did a full reset on the phone! Got my FM transmitter back!:hap2:

btw google maps locked my position via GPS within 5 seconds!! :hap2: :clap: AWESOME!

Hi Sohail & Others

I find the N78 very interesting buy & compelled to buy it, but i stopped short when i read its discontinued. Won't that mean that
1. Firmware updates are not available
2. Accessories related to N78 will not be easy to get
3. Support for the models problems will not be available
4. Also, what did you mean by saying 'flashed it to new firmware'
Please reply fast as i need to take a decision by today.
I am getting it for 12.5 which i think is a steal deal for this VFM phone

Hi!:)

1. Firmware upgrades will be available as long as Nokia makes a perfect, bug free firmware!

Nokia released a new firmware for N78 on 8th April 2009!! - Brief: Nokia N78 firmware v21.002 Released

Don't worry!:)

2. There are no specific N78 accessories!!:p

-It has a regular jack for headphones/earphones, compatible with all regular ear/headphones!

-Has A2DP for use with stereo bluetooth headsets!

-Uses MicroSD card (8gb available for Rs. 1050/-!!:D )

-Battery easily available at Nokia Priority showrooms!

3. Support is always available!! Only the selling of the model is discontinued! not the service! Its not like they disowned N78!:hap2:

4. 'flashing to new firmware' means that, the firmware is actually the software that drives your phone. and its stored in a NAND flash chip on ur phone!

This is a secure storage accessible only by firmware upgrades! if something messes up this NAND flash, then the phone is reduced to nothing more than a brick(also known as 'bricking')

Don't worry about the bricking part! never happens if u follow instructions during a firmware upgrade!

And truly for 12.5k its an awesome VFM phone!!:D

But most ppl dont like the keypad! (so check out the keypad before buying!):)

=============OT====================

But i noticed something! I bought Nokia 6670 in 2005-06 and it got discontinued within like a month of me buying. and it was THE phone at that time!(kinda like a prototype)

Now i bought the N78! it also got discontinued! and its an awesomely uber phone too!...:S :rofl:

====================================

Thanks Sohail for the quick response.
I think i will go ahead with this one and ensure that the dealer gives me the latest firmware update before i buy it. Anything else to be sure of before i buy it.
Also one thing, u mean in India it initially sells with the FM transmitter disabled and then when you update the firmware, it gets enabled ?
Kind of like that so easy and cool.!!

Back