Camera Where to buy ND Filters ?

sumchamp

Skilled
I am planning to buy ND filter but confused to go for 67mm i.e for Tamron 17-50 or 77mm i.e Tokina 11-16. I am using 17-50mm on most occasion and rarely use 11-16mm due to its UWA nature. Availability is another concern for 77mm as I am hell bent on getting ND400.

Where I can get the ND400 with availability of 67mm and 77mm rings? Also suggest which size to buy as I am really confused.

77mm would be the better buy given that you have a UWA lens and if you anyday plan to shoot a good landscape with ND can go for tokina lens..

Also, 77mm could be easily fit on 67mm thread lens using step conversion ring.. so dual use.. ,

try B+W nd110,
hoya ndx400 got bluish color cast.
where as B+W are neutral.
if you are planning to use it on 11-16 you can get the slim version, but you cant attach any Polarizer or GND filter ring after that (as it doesn't have threads)

hope that helped

- - - Updated - - -

you can get them from Ebay.com, (or if any of your friend is coming from US try amazon.com) just look out for top rated seller (one guy is selling them for ~ 115 USD),
Even i am planning to get one.

I have the B+W nd110. It has a pinkish cast, but that can be corrected in post. What you will face trouble with is vignette at wide angles. I believe you need to be at 13-14mm with that lens to remove the vignette. Which is why I'd suggest the slim version. You wont be stacking filters on a ultra-wide anyways.

Another piece of advice, buy all filters at 77mm, and just get step-up rings to use them on other lenses. And invest in a good CPL, I think that is far more useful than a 10-stop ND.

Back