Where to get good coffee beans

Doesn't normal Amul Cream work with coffee?
I have used that but wanted something more fancy :D

Anyway, what I did was (after looking up online):

Took some Amul cream in a bowl and beat it for about 5 minutes.
Added powdered sugar and vanilla and beat it some more.

Last edited:
So my dad has developed a liking for cappuccinos. Thinking of getting him something for home but completely clueless on this (in terms of stuff one gets here) Any suggestions? I haven't assigned a budget for this as I have no clue what it should be, but I'm hoping I can get stuff under 8-10K?

^ I think you should get the steam bar ones if under tight budget constraints <4K, else the steam pump ones > 7K

Someone should be able to throw more light on this

So my dad has developed a liking for cappuccinos. Thinking of getting him something for home but completely clueless on this (in terms of stuff one gets here) Any suggestions? I haven't assigned a budget for this as I have no clue what it should be, but I'm hoping I can get stuff under 8-10K?
I have a Morphy Richards pump based one. It is decent. I bought it for 9K about 2 years back. Earlier I had a steam based one which cost around 3K. Although it was VFM, it started leaking pretty soon.
A stove top espresso is also a good alternative if he drink only a cup or two daily. It is cheap, provides pretty good coffee.

I have a Morphy Richards pump based one. It is decent. I bought it for 9K about 2 years back. Earlier I had a steam based one which cost around 3K. Although it was VFM, it started leaking pretty soon.
A stove top espresso is also a good alternative if he drink only a cup or two daily. It is cheap, provides pretty good coffee.

Yeah I use a stove top at the moment and they have one too. Looking at a machine that needs him to do minimal work. Push a button, voila, CAPPUCCINO!

Then perhaps one of those capsule based one
LOL, What I meant was something that creates/brews the espresso and then with the press of a button shoots in the steamed milk. Push of a single button for everything was a bit of an exaggeration.

Could you link to the Morphy Richards model you have? Or possibly a similar one? Thanks

LOL, What I meant was something that creates/brews the espresso and then with the press of a button shoots in the steamed milk. Push of a single button for everything was a bit of an exaggeration.

Could you link to the Morphy Richards model you have? Or possibly a similar one? Thanks
That model seems to be no longer available. Prestige pecmd 2.0 seems to be similar model.

Got a baratza encore. Hopefully this will give me more consistent results.

Attachments

• IMG_20170226_194833.jpg
    IMG_20170226_194833.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 305
Well here I am 3 years later and after trying to get my dad to test out a few budget machines, I've decided to stop my search for the time being since he seems to enjoy having that cup outside more than here. I on the otherhand have bought a Nanopresso which I am absolutely in love with for now. And coffee from Devan's

If any one you are into ordering online coffee powder, I have a sweet offer from Blue Tokai. Let me know if anyone of you redeems

Share this link to give your friends ₹200 off coupon. We'll send you ₹200 off coupon when they make a purchase.

I have this and it has served me well for about a decade now

I've decided to stop my search for the time being since he seems to enjoy having that cup outside more than here.
I was thinking you should have just opened some fd that paid interest on a monthly basis for him to do just that :D

Way too much work, unless you're seriously into this stuff and can't get a fix locally.

Which is the idea i'm getting when i see the brews mentioned. You can't get these particular brews in shops if you wanted ?

Time to slowly revive this interest. Since my last post I've been using the Wacaco Nanopresso for my daily fix. There seem to be a few more espresso machines that have popped up on the market, but jeez very difficult to tell what is "genuine" and what is just rebadged China OEM stuff.

Also, have been using coffee from https://www.devans.in/ every other month alternating with Attikan Estate from Blue Tokai

Time to slowly revive this interest. Since my last post I've been using the Wacaco Nanopresso for my daily fix. There seem to be a few more espresso machines that have popped up on the market, but jeez very difficult to tell what is "genuine" and what is just rebadged China OEM stuff.

Also, have been using coffee from https://www.devans.in/ every other month alternating with Attikan Estate from Blue Tokai

Big fan of Attikan here too. What do you recommend from Devan ?

How did I miss this thread. This Nanopresso thing looks interesting to me, can you do a short review on how this thing works?

I am mostly using French Press with Attikan Estate from last few years as well. Looking to get better beans if possible.

Back