[Where & What to Buy] Motherboard for i3-2100

1. Q: What is your budget?
    1. 5K (for motherboard)
  2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    1. CPU - Intel D930
    2. Motherboard - 945G
    3. GPU - 9600GT
    4. RAM - Transcend 2X1GB DDR2 533
    5. Monitor - Dell SP2208WFP
    6. SMPS - Zebronics 400W Platinum
    7. Sound - X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
    8. Spks - Z5500
    9. Microtek UPS
    10. Zebronics Sivaji Cabinet
  3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

1. GPU - 9600GT
      2. Monitor - Dell SP2208WFP
      3. SMPS - Zebronics 400W Platinum
      4. Sound - X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
      5. Spks - Z5500
      6. Microtek UPS
      7. Zebronics Sivaji Cabinet
  4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    1. CPU - Intel i3 2100
    2. Motherboard - 5K motherboard with USB 3.0 (possibly with 3.0 front panel headers) and Sata 3.0
    3. RAM - 4GB DDR3 (whichever has more warranty)
  5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
  6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    1. Flipkart (as it has EMI option)
    2. Chennai Richie Street (If EMI provided)
    3. Open to online purchase
  7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    1. Yes, if deal is good
  8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    1. Gaming
    2. HTPC
    3. Browsing
    4. Desktop Processing
    5. Watching HD movies
    6. Download rig, 24x7 operation
  9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    1. None
  10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    1. FPS - COD
    2. Racing - NFS
  11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1680x1050
    2. Desktop - 1680x1050
  12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    1. No
  13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    1. Windows 7 64 bit

Please let me know of any motherboard that has USB 3.0 and Sata 3.0 for under 5K.

Please mention any place where I can get these items (i3+mobo+ram) at good deals (even without EMI) and places where there are EMI options available.

1. Q: What is your budget?
    1. 5K
  2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    1. CPU - Intel D930
    2. Motherboard - 945G
    3. GPU - 9600GT
    4. RAM - Transcend 2X1GB DDR2 533
    5. Monitor - Dell SP2208WFP
    6. SMPS - Zebronics 400W Platinum
    7. Sound - X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
    8. Spks - Z5500
    9. Microtek UPS
    10. Zebronics Sivaji Cabinet
  3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

1. GPU - 9600GT
      2. Monitor - Dell SP2208WFP
      3. SMPS - Zebronics 400W Platinum
      4. Sound - X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
      5. Spks - Z5500
      6. Microtek UPS
      7. Zebronics Sivaji Cabinet

I think you will need to go for a better cabinet and SMPS before you decide to up the ante with a new processor and motherboard, so here goes my recommendation for --

Intel Core i3 2100 ~6200/-

Intel DH67-BL ~5400/-

G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x1 ~1600/-

Corsair CX V2 430W ~2400/-

NZXT Gamma ~2400/- OR Cooler Master eLite 311 ~2000/-

You can get most of these components at flipkart.com and the cabinet can be bought from Theitdepot. Try to search for deals in TE market section.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

There is no problem in buying a new cabinet and smps. But I thought there is no need for it. I'm thinking of buying cm Elite 315 after sometime and smps, while I buy a new video card. And regarding motherboard, what about h67ma e35?

There is no problem in buying a new cabinet and smps. But I thought there is no need for it. I'm thinking of buying cm Elite 315 after sometime and smps, while I buy a new video card. And regarding motherboard, what about h67ma e35?

No idea on that cabinet Sire, I will recommend the Cooler Master eLite 311 ~2000/- OR NZXT Gamma ~2400/-. Also along with this I highly recommend you get the SMPS now before the cheap Zebronics SMPS takes your expensive components down with it [especially your hard-drive and the data on it].

There is Good mobo
happy19.gif

Home Page

@alpha17 - sorry, i was referring to CM Elite 310.

And regarding SMPS, if you seriously recommend me to buy a new one, i guess i will do that now itself. But it's not a cheap zeb smps. It's cost is around 1.5K. Is it still too less for i3+1155+9600GT?

@RAS - thanks for the recommendation. But sata 3.0 is missing in that mobo....

@alpha17 - sorry, i was referring to CM Elite 310.

And regarding SMPS, if you seriously recommend me to buy a new one, i guess i will do that now itself. But it's not a cheap zeb smps. It's cost is around 1.5K. Is it still too less for i3+1155+9600GT?

Okay Sire, better than the Cooler Master eLite 310 is the eLite 311 ~1800/-, primarily because it has a bottom mount for the SMPS.

Look, the Zebronics SMPS's as far as I am concerned are overrated, over-priced and simply not worth it when it comes to putting in your brand new system, please by a new SMPS on the lines of Corsair CX V2 430W ~2400/-, if you might upgrade any other components OR plan to add extra hard-drives down the line go for this SMPS --> Seasonic S12II 520W ~3800/-.

No component is as bad for your other computer components than a poor SMPS that cannot provide it rated output OR provides dirty current to the components, thus --
  • Shortening the components life.
  • Hard-drive failures and crashes and BSOD due to physical data dumping.
  • General havoc for your computer.

If you think only Indian / Chinese companies stoop to these lows, read here --> http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/410.

If you can increase your budget a bit, the Biostar Z68 motherboard is available for 7k and should be a decent buy

Edit : Just saw you are not looking to overclock so you can ignore this

Back