Whey Protein, where to buy!

Ive seen fakes becoming more and more convincing everyday. thats why I order it directly from MyproteinUK. Atleast Im guaranteed I'm getting the original stuff
And you know the saddest part, the fakers are improving it every time a new video is posted in YouTube about fake products.

Earlier around 2016, people were saying on gold standards had golden scoop inside, fake doesn’t.

In 2017, fakers providing gold scoop with ON logo on it. No spelling mistakes and identical jar. And we all know QR code is jackshit, even a 4yrs kid can generate a QR code with product page linking.

Guys who proclaimed, for example Tarun gill, to fight against fake nutrition are caught selling fake products himself. Very hard to trust people.

Buy good quality pure milk. Make paneer out of it. You will be left with pure Whey liquid. Drink it as it is or dehydrate to make your own whey powder at home.
Enjoy.

Wait why not just drink milk then? (for the lactose tolerant)
People want concentrated protein and not the fat that comes with milk. Otherwise paneer itself is a good source of protein. We generally use the whey which is left after making paneer, to make our dough instead of water.

I would think mixing up powdered whey is about the same or even more effort than drinking a straight glass of milk, but i can understand wanting to avoid the fat etc. How many glasses of milk for the same amount of protein as a glass of whey mixed?

Once a (rural) doc advised me to have rice bran (left over from milling rice) when he thought i needed more protein. It's really dry and hard to get down. Like sawdust really. But 100% natural. The biggest risk with whey protein powders is adulteration. Still less risky than milk packets i guess.

These days i drink sofit chocolate milk but there's way too much sugar in it.

^ if you take 200ml amul cow milk, you'll get 6 grams of protein. If you take one scoop of whey with same quantity of milk, you'll get 30 grams of protein. If you take it with water alone, you'll get 21grams of protein.

plus milk contains small amount of fat and carbs.

Seems like Decathlon has also started selling it's own brand of Whey Protein. You guys can check out the reviews and decide if it's any good.

New Seems like Decathlon has also started selling it's own brand of Whey Protein. You guys can check out the reviews and decide if it's any good.

Just returned from the store (there is one next door). It uses sucralose and another unpronounceable sweetener.

I don't understand the marketing strategy of these whey protein companies. All of them add loads of sugar/sweeteners as if they are targeting kids. What happened to "Add sugar to taste" :)

And in any case, I wouldn't touch anything with sucralose or aspertame.[DOUBLEPOST=1546265923][/DOUBLEPOST]
These days i drink sofit chocolate milk but there's way too much sugar in it.

Do you drink it for taste or you believe it helps your health?

I am not a doctor but neither the ingredients nor the nutritional information looks good.

Last edited:

I am not a doctor but neither the ingredients nor the nutritional information looks good.

Taste definitely, i love chocolate milk but am lactose intolerant. Health goes out the window as soon as you have packaged and processed products. :-/

Just returned from the store (there is one next door). It uses sucralose and another unpronounceable sweetener.

I don't understand the marketing strategy of these whey protein companies. All of them add loads of sugar/sweeteners as if they are targeting kids. What happened to "Add sugar to taste" :)

And in any case, I wouldn't touch anything with sucralose or aspertame.[DOUBLEPOST=1546265923][/DOUBLEPOST]

Sucralose is safe. Decathlon is an international chain. They have decent standards. They can't give stevia in whey because it is expensive.

Sucralose has been accepted as safe by several national and international food safety regulatory bodies, including the FDA, The Joint FAO/WHO Expert Committee Report on Food Additives, the European Union's Scientific Committee on Food, Health Protection Branch of Health and Welfare Canada, and Food Standards Australia New Zealand. According to the Canadian Diabetes Association, the amount of sucralose that can be consumed over a person's lifetime without any adverse effects is 9 mg per kg of body weight per day.[13][14]

"In determining the safety of sucralose, the FDA reviewed data from more than 110 studies in humans and animals. Many of the studies were designed to identify possible toxic effects, including carcinogenic, reproductive, and neurological effects. No such effects were found, and FDA's approval is based on the finding that sucralose is safe for human consumption." For example, McNeil Nutritional LLC studies submitted as part of its U.S. FDA Food Additive Petition 7A3987 indicated that "in the 2-year rodent bioassays ... there was no evidence of carcinogenic activity for either sucralose or its hydrolysis products ..."[15]

Results from studies in the FDA approval process indicated a lack of risk associated with eating sucralose.[16][17][18][19] When the estimated daily intake (EDI) is compared to the intake at which adverse effects are seen (known as the "highest no-effects limit", or HNEL at 1500 mg/kg BW/day,[20]a large margin of safety exists. The bulk of sucralose ingested is not absorbed by the gastrointestinal tract (gut) and is directly excreted in the feces, while 11–27% of it is absorbed.[5] The amount absorbed from the gut is largely removed from the blood stream by the kidneys and eliminated in the urine, with 20–30% of the absorbed sucralose being metabolized.[5] This means that only between 2–8% of sucralose consumed is metabolized, on average.

Animal studies suggest that there might be a link between sucralose and a reduction in beneficial gut bacteria, with concerns this could result in digestive issues.[21][DOUBLEPOST=1546278244][/DOUBLEPOST]
Taste definitely, i love chocolate milk but am lactose intolerant. Health goes out the window as soon as you have packaged and processed products. :-/
Can't agree more.

One can buy unopened BiPro (Davisco) in New Delhi/NCR.
Pros: Cheap and high quality Whey Isolate for lactose intolerant people. No chance of it being fake etc
Cons: Pure whey will have no digestive enzymes, it will taste bland. You need a huge container to store 22 kgs of Whey.

Last edited:
if you're lactose intolerant like me, amul has lactose free mill. give it a try

I've tried it. Used to use to make oatmeal. Hard to find, the local reliance fresh only occasionally stocks it. Bit pricey too, 100 bucks a litre? And has a funny (sweetish?) taste if drinking directly.

I have been using myfitfuel and I assume it is good, but I have always treated it as supplement and have only 2 scoops a day and other protein intake by chicken

I don't want to spend enormous amount of money on protein (ON costs 6k for 2kg where I can buy 5kg of MFF for 7k). Have been contemplating on Himalaya Quista Pro for a while as I am not sure whether my muscle gain is by chicken or supplement

Please suggest some good product or alternative. I stay in Mumbai. I can try decathlon product as well

Thanks and Happy New Year All. Let's do more reps this year :)

I have been using myfitfuel and I assume it is good, but I have always treated it as supplement and have only 2 scoops a day and other protein intake by chicken

I don't want to spend enormous amount of money on protein (ON costs 6k for 2kg where I can buy 5kg of MFF for 7k). Have been contemplating on Himalaya Quista Pro for a while as I am not sure whether my muscle gain is by chicken or supplement

Please suggest some good product or alternative. I stay in Mumbai. I can try decathlon product as well

Thanks and Happy New Year All. Let's do more reps this year :)
Try Decathlon.

I've been using MyProtein. So far always had someone to bring it down for me. I prefer the unflavored ones. Used to have the concentrate but shifted to the isolate. So good. Need to figure out where to get my next lot from after this 2.5 kg (new) bag gets over

I've been using MyProtein. So far always had someone to bring it down for me. I prefer the unflavored ones. Used to have the concentrate but shifted to the isolate. So good. Need to figure out where to get my next lot from after this 2.5 kg (new) bag gets over
I was planning to order directly, however they increased the compared to last week. Price was around 8k for 5kg last week, but now it is 8.8k even with discounts

Any other site where I can get little cheaper ?

I tried the sample pack of decathlon, decent mixability. However price is high for indian made

Currently using Himalaya Quista Pro. Happy with the taste and mixability.

Back