Which 2 Ton Inverter AC ?

@ skoka123

Thanks for the awesome info. I will also buy a 2 ton spcies for my 20 by 16 ft=320 ft bed room. Though the Roof is canopied by permanent structure still some sunlight after 3 p.m. hugs the roof.Thus the walls become slightly hot.

Now after reading reviews, opinions i will definitely go for INVERTER one.

1. LG BSA24IMA Inverter V Split AC (2 Ton, White)
  2. Daikin 1.8 Ton Inverter FTKV 60 NRV16 R-32 Split Air Conditioner
  3. Hitachi RAU023EUEA 2 Ton Inverter Split AC White
  4. Samsung AR24HV5NBWK 2 Ton Inverter Split AC

Can you please Suggest Which one to take with maximum features?

Does INVERTER AC come with Anti-dust , Anti -bacterial Filer?

Last edited:
LG BSA24IMA Inverter V Split AC (2 Ton, White)
AVOID the LG BSA24IMA/IBE series at all costs. Hopelessly short air throw for a 2 ton unit at ~10 ft in real life, and has a very small 'sweet spot' for cooling which means it cannot cool large rooms uniformly. Apparently LG has designed this to be mounted over beds with the air flow directly cooling the bed area. If that is your requirement, then its probably very effective; but if you expect it to uniformly cool the rest of your room, you will be disappointed.

The Daikin FTKV has been discontinued unfortunately. Apparently it was being imported from Thailand too, but they replaced it with the locally made FTKP series.

Hitachi service is known to be terrible. Unless things are different where you stay, its best avoided.

ASS differs depending on location.

All ACs come with filters. Dust filters are basic. Anti-bacterial etc come in high-end models. Normally you ill find them in deep sky blue in color.

AVOID the LG BSA24IMA/IBE series at all costs. Hopelessly short air throw for a 2 ton unit at ~10 ft in real life, and has a very small 'sweet spot' for cooling which means it cannot cool large rooms uniformly. Apparently LG has designed this to be mounted over beds with the air flow directly cooling the bed area. If that is your requirement, then its probably very effective; but if you expect it to uniformly cool the rest of your room, you will be disappointed.

I don't understand why the AC manufacturers are letting the quality of their Inverter ACs go down the drain. Maybe some three years back Inverters were of some elite kind, prohibitively expensive compared to 5 star ACs but came imported with top notch product quality as well as component quality. I have seen quite a few complain about new LG inverters ACs recently, but frankly few years back the LG BS-Q186C7M1 (1.5 Ton Inverter) was the one I was eyeing for. My friend has one, and if there is one AC (in my personnel experience) which can beat the Sharp AH-XP18MV (I own) it was and still is this LG. I was unable to afford the LGs as each use to cost INR 54K minimum, I needed two units, so settled for 18MVs at INR 41K each.

Suddenly after some six months of my purchase, LG dropped the aforementioned model and bought a new one with a new price of INR 42K with identical efficiency levels. I lamented as I should have waited a little longer for the new LGs, but all of a sudden many people started to post about a lot of issues with the new models. And the current LG model as you say have gone down the drain. Pity.

I assume the fight between manufactures for the Inverter ACs have finally started in India, which have led each manufacturer to chase for a more "sasta"(cheaper) inverter which have forced them to cut some corners in product quality.

Well the answer to that will be very elaborate.
But I just will draw the point to simple observations:
1. Take a normal AC. Set it at 15 deg C.
2. The compressor will work continuously in order to try to bring the temperature of air down to 15 deg C
3. Since it is extraordinarily difficult to do so, the compressor will keep running 100% of times
4. Even if it does reach 15 deg C, the heat influx into the room (via sun, electrical appliance, living creatures, heat conduction via walls) will not allow the compressor to breathe easy ever, since as soon as compressor switches off, the heat influx will cause a rapid rise in temperature - wherefore the compressor will have to switch on again in a very short time.

The exact same will happen for an inverter AC. No matter what sales pitch someone gives. No matter how high end the control technology is (the inverter module).
It will have to keep running at 100% duty since thermodynamics are not changed. (The compressor has to do the same work to remove the same heat). It will never get a chance to run at reduced duty load.

Now for the contrast:
1. Take a normal AC, set it to something high say 27 deg C
2. The compressor will work continuously for a few minutes (or hours - depending on the tonnage) in order to try to bring the temp down to 27 deg C
3. Since it is quite easy to do so, the compressor will switch off once it reaches this temp
4. Since there is some heat flow into the room, the compressor will have to switch on regularly after some time in order to maintain the temp at 27 deg C. The compressor up-time would be around say 50%.

For inverter AC, (1) and (2) will happen in the exact same fashion. BUT for point (3) and (4), it will not switch off. And neither will it do the switch on- switch off circus to maintain the temperature. What inverter AC will do is to cut down on its compressor duty by 50%. (So in effect your 1 Ton AC will start acting like a 0.5Ton AC now). It does so to perfectly match the heat influx. This allows it to maintain the temperature within a tight tolerance range.
Please note I have just taken 50% duty arbitrarily, the inverter control will try to run the compressor at whatever duty that is necessary to achieve the temperature set point.

Inverter technology is a control technology.
It doesn't change ANYTHING about the refrigeration cycle (the compressor, expansion valve, condenser coils, evaporation coil)
It doesn't change ANYTHING about the fluid flow mechanism (the condenser blower, the evaporator fan),
and therefore it changes NOTHING about the heat transfer coefficients - which in turn dictate how much heat transferred/removed and how fast

So bashing quite a few myths:
1. Inverter AC are not faster in cooling
2. Inverter AC of 1.2T is NOT equal to Normal AC of 1.5T
3. Inverter AC will NOT lead to extraordinary savings of electricity. (Running 1 T normal AC for 50% of time = Running inverter AC at 50% of 1T load).

What inverter AC does is achieve a fine temperature control, when it is at high temperature range. If you desire to keep very low temperature, then get a super high tonnage AC, and then bother to get Inverter controls on it.

25 to 27 degrees with a ceiling fan running at low speed helps in lowering your power bills. For even lower power bill consider superfan.in.
The rule in my house is if I find any children pulling over a blanket while using an AC will result in the AC being switched off. I generally run the AC at 26 degrees and it keeps the room comfortably cool enough with no early morning dry nose. In fact ever since this rule was put into place my power bill has gone down by 2K / month.

I prefer Inverter ACs primarily for the quality of sleep.

there is another technique to reduce the AC power consunption,

fill the roof with plant pots (atleast in centre area or where more sunrays fall), this reduce the roof temperature to some extent.
then put some creepers plant in the side wall where sunrays fall, that reduce the temperature of sidewalls.

these things reduce your AC power consumption also fast cooling.

there is another technique to reduce the AC power consunption,

fill the roof with plant pots (atleast in centre area or where more sunrays fall), this reduce the roof temperature to some extent.
then put some creepers plant in the side wall where sunrays fall, that reduce the temperature of sidewalls.

these things reduce your AC power consumption also fast cooling.
If possible, you can also erect a shade(fibre glass or tin) on the open roof. It will not allow the sunrays to fall on the roof directly thereby the room will remain cooler than it is now

Back