Video Which 4K Android TV Box for Prime Videos and Kodi?

OK. I got 2 nVidia Shield TVs today. The one I placed ($200 + $14 shipping) and asked for cancellation and the other I bought at $180. Amazon had refunded the $214 to my account but they still went ahead and delivered the Shield TV. I contacted Amazon.com with the issue. They thanked me for my loyalty (WTF is that? I thought they would thank me for my honesty!!!) but asked me to ship it to them from India and they will refund the shipping cost. I was expecting that they will pick it up from my home. Another option is to have them charge me the $214.

I was just wondering if anyone would like to buy it off me (in sealed condition) at $214 + local shipping, instead of I having to ship it back to US.[DOUBLEPOST=1532307817][/DOUBLEPOST]How does one skip back and forward 10 seconds in Prime Videos in Shield TV? Fire Stick remote has dedicated buttons for this.

Last edited:
OK. I got 2 nVidia Shield TVs today. The one I placed ($200 + $14 shipping) and asked for cancellation and the other I bought at $180. Amazon had refunded the $214 to my account but they still went ahead and delivered the Shield TV. I contacted Amazon.com with the issue. They thanked me for my loyalty (WTF is that? I thought they would thank me for my honesty!!!) but asked me to ship it to them from India and they will refund the shipping cost. I was expecting that they will pick it up from my home. Another option is to have them charge me the $214.

I was just wondering if anyone would like to buy it off me (in sealed condition) at $214 + local shipping, instead of I having to ship it back to US.[DOUBLEPOST=1532307817][/DOUBLEPOST]How does one skip back and forward 10 seconds in Prime Videos in Shield TV? Fire Stick remote has dedicated buttons for this.

Lately, Amazon pickup has gone bad. I too bought an item of about 2k and raised for return. The courier guy never turned and Amazon said there were some technical issues with the order. I was forced to ship myself and never got a refund and on raising an issue, they apologized and returned the money. The whole fiasco took around 1.5 months to get resolved, not the customer service I was expected from them. You may need to do multiple followup post shipping and refund

AFAIK, you can only fast forward (2x etc) and unfortunately no forwarding. Do note, i am using the same apk as nvidia shield on my Mi Box

Lately, Amazon pickup has gone bad. I too bought an item of about 2k and raised for return. The courier guy never turned and Amazon said there were some technical issues with the order. I was forced to ship myself and never got a refund and on raising an issue, they apologized and returned the money. The whole fiasco took around 1.5 months to get resolved, not the customer service I was expected from them. You may need to do multiple followup post shipping and refund

AFAIK, you can only fast forward (2x etc) and unfortunately no forwarding. Do note, i am using the same apk as nvidia shield on my Mi Box

If I have to take so much pain for doing the right thing, I might put it up on sale on OLX with a local pickup (Too lazy to put up pictures with my name etc on a shale thread here). I can then ask them to charge my CC.[DOUBLEPOST=1532334389][/DOUBLEPOST]

It seems you can pair Fire Stick Remote. I will try with that.

Last edited:
Are there any India specific android tv apk out there? The only one i could find was NDTV in playstore. Any idea about Tata sky, JioTV or Airtel TV?

You cannot do that with the Shield remote but its possible with a dedicated keyboard.

Back