CPU/Mobo Which AM2 Motherboard?

Kumar

Skilled
Hi!

I think ill be needing a new mobo. Im NOT an OCer and stock is the way to go for me :hap2:

Currently I have an ASUS M2N-MX and thinking of jumping ship from asus after 3 generations of their mobos.

Im a light gamer with an 8600GT so onboard video is just a back-up for the graphics card. Nothing fancy is needed.

No, the most important question, I don't want to spend more than 2.5k-3k. What is the best solution in that range?

EDIT: Forgot to post, it has to run an X2 3600+.

Get any board based on newer AMD 780G chipset. It has a strong onboard BGA [though you don't need one] ..

The board is pretty powerful and VFM :D Funky recommends Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H :p

Kumar said:
Hi!

I think ill be needing a new mobo. Im NOT an OCer and stock is the way to go for me :hap2:

Currently I have an ASUS M2N-MX and thinking of jumping ship from asus after 3 generations of their mobos.

Im a light gamer with an 8600GT so onboard video is just a back-up for the graphics card. Nothing fancy is needed.

No, the most important question, I don't want to spend more than 2.5k-3k. What is the best solution in that range?

EDIT: Forgot to post, it has to run an X2 3600+.

Dark Star said:
Get any board based on newer AMD 780G chipset. It has a strong onboard BGA [though you don't need one] ..
The board is pretty powerful and VFM Funky recommends Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H
get ready drag out 5.5k:p :rofl:
...............:hap2:

Dude wht happen to ur current mobo.. If its workng, i feel it is more than sufficient for VGA backup. Invest 3K in sme other peripherals..:D:

@Muzu
Im having USB and audio issues with the board. It allready was RMAed 2 times which took months but the problem was not rectified.

Only the left channel of the onboard audio is working.

Back