Budget 10-15K Which Among these to go for Xperia M,S Duos 2,Samsung Core

lohith

Disciple
Guys
Which is best among XperiaM,Samsung S Duos 2 and Core??
Main usage will be Whatsapp and some light gaming, constant 2G net connection.
which is better among the three?
and i would like to avoid indian brands and the likes of huawei,lenovo etc other chinese brands.
i want reasonable battery backup and lag free device within the budget so please suggest.

In the options you have considered, my choice would be the Xperia M cos it looks much better than the Samsung phones. Although you have stated you dont want any local brands, I would still recommend you to check out Lenovo P780 purely for its stellar battery life (for your usage on 2G, it must easily run for 4-5 days on a single charge) or even the P770 for that matter. Consider Samsung only if you can stretch your budget over 20k, any thing under that will not be good in my opinion.

majority of the local brands are 4.5 or 5 inch phones these are too much for my liking!
i am also inclined towards Xperia M,previously i had Neo V which was good.
thanks for the advice.

Also, since you mentioned a lag free experience, why not consider a lumia 520? Whatsapp and gaming along with 2g browsing will work like a breeze. Also, you can save some good money and mebbe buy something else with that.

If i were to buy a lumia i would go for lumia 720!!
say if whatsapp,navigation and camera is the main priority with no or very less gaming..is the lumia 720 good choice??
how is HERE navigation compared to google maps?? i dont care much about gaming or apps!!

Lumia have HERE maps for offline navigation too, IIRC. I would suggest you to get Lumia 525 once it releases as it is with 1GB RAM which will be better off. However if you are looking for good camera too then Lumia 720.

does a 512 MB RAM in WP8 a drawback like in androids? wouldn't the os is well optimized to accustom the 512 MB RAM??

It is well optimized but a model with 1GB RAM is just around the corner and it will be little more future-proof. I suggested so as you can spend next month only, as per one of post above.

does a 512 MB RAM in WP8 a drawback like in androids? wouldn't the os is well optimized to accustom the 512 MB RAM??

There is no drawback as wp8 is very smooth even on 512mb ram. Having 1gb is future proof and also helps you play those 1gb required games where developer is yet to optimise it for 512mb yet. You'll be happier going with 1gb phone but 512mb phone is no constraint ATM. Lumia 525 is launching next month.. Just wait for it

gaming is not a priority!! i only care about navigation,camera,battery backup!! can live without whatsapp also!!
can somebody tell me how efficient HERE maps as compared to google?? offline navigation is very intriguing as i go to places where even bsnl has no network!

^ Have used HERE map a bit, IMO better than Sygic but not as detailed as GMaps. It might miss a turn or two or not take the optimal route but combined with you reaching a place and then asking around for the exact location would help your cause.

And +1 to what @Striker10 said, HERE on WP8 works near lag free but it eats up battery though -- so you need to keep an eye.

Back