Which Audio Drivers to Install in MSI B450 Gaming Carbon Pro

Rohan99

Disciple
Hi Guy,

So recently i have been pondering on which audio drivers to use with MSI B450 Gaming Carbon Pro. So far i have been using Microsoft High Definition Audio solely for Loudness Equalization option.

Recently i have been experiencing audio issue in the form of audio sounding soft or suppressed momentarily (most likely my speaker dying). None the less i got me to think if i should opt for the Realtek driver https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-GAMING-PRO-CARBON-AC#down-driver&Win10 64

Which is better Realtek HD Universal Driver or High Definition Audio Driver (Windows 10 Pro Ver 1909) ?
Will there be a realtek panel without Nahimic ?
Is Nahimic worth it since there are not good reviews ?
Is the loudness equalization option available (since i'm not good at these calibrations) ?

The microsoft default drivers are also from realtek. The ones directly from realtek might be newer though. I doubt there will be any audible difference.

Nahimic and realtek control panel are just equalizers mostly. If you want an audio quality improvement, buy a discrete sound card.

PS: I have the same board and I found the audio quality to be pretty shitty. After a quick trial, in went my Xonar DX.

Back