Car & Bike Which bike to buy ? R15 or CBR 250R

I am planning to buy a new bike. My last bike was a Discover 125 DTSi (which i still own) which has run something like 35k in the speedo.
My current budget is 2l at max (the lower the better).

My current choice are R15 and CBR 250R.
I have pretty good experince riding the R15 in a lot of varied conditions and have clocked some 2k kms on my cousin's R15. The best part that I love about the bike the way it handles. Its just awesome.

Now I dont know how the CBR performs. Getting mixed reviews on the net. Wont be able to get a test ride as the Honda showroom near my place doesnt have one in stock and I dont know any friends in Pune who own one.

The bike will be used for a variety of purpose.

So guys lemme know which one should I buy?

If you're going to use it for rides any longer than 50km at a stretch, I would say stick with the CBR. Otherwise, save yourself the 50-60k and stick with the R15 since you like it so much already!

I have already gone on rides for like 200kms on a R15 and didnt feel uncomfortable.

Lemme know if the CBR is at par with the R15 wrt handling.

Hearing bout that speculated new R15 since last year and till now there is not concrete launch date. So i dont think I will wait for 2more months.

BTW anyone here in the forum who has had experince with both the bikes in question here?

Would love their opinion as well.

I have driven both and the CBR is not worth the extra 50-60k IMHO. Also the ABS on them sucks, i was testing them and at around 100kmph i applied the brakes but the bike refused to stop it was like someone put oil in the pads, though it happens sometimes and might be a fault with the specific model i was riding.

Also r15 has better handling than CBR 250. :)

R15 handles better than the CBR, but i find its driving position to be really uncomfortable

and if you intend to do a lot of city driving, also r15 is a strict no-no

but the fun factor of the cbr is much less compared to an r15

if you have got the money, go for the CBR, its backed by Honda's service which is much more reliable than Yamaha !

ya gotta say for city riding the R15 is not the best choice especially in stop and go traffic. I think the riding position of the CBR is better suited for city conditions. I actually exchanged my R15 with my friends FZ for a little to give my wrists a rest.

Inside city is ur main ride, get the CBR. Anything this year should see the release of the new model, so better to avoid r15.

Whatever performance measures people say, if u don't go for regular bike excursions they are pointless.

Also before buying these bikes, remember petrol charges is going up. most prolly 2011 end will be 100 bucks. :mad:

+1 for Yamaha R15 :)

i own one,now at 10k kms and its simply awesome, around 5-6k kms bike is fully opened and their is boost in throttle and you will simply love that boost, just few days back i had my 4th service i.e on 9k kms and i changed the engine oil grade i.e Fully Synthetic and now even at 8-9k rpm the engine is soooo smooth.....its simply awesome, and after 6k rpm you won't feel that its a 150cc :) just go for R15 buddy.

+ 1 for the r15.i recently tested a friend's cbr and i was unimpressed by the handling.i was actually considering selling my r15 and getting the cbr when it was going to launch in india.i definitely dodged a bullet.its handling is very poor and the bike wont give you a feeling that you are spending upwards of 1.5 lakhs.if you have money go and get a ninja rather than a cbr,if you want fantastic handling than get the r15 .

Bro, get the R15. I drove the CBR 250R for two days straight and hated it. The driving position, the handling, the gear box, everything just put me off! R15 is a breeze in comparison. Even my friend who bought the 250R is not too happy.

I was having the same confusion too, but going by the response above, I think the r15 makes the better choice, especially keeping in mind that I would have had to really stretch myself for the extra 50k.

Now, question is, how long for the new R15, and is it worth the wait?

i have driven my frens r15 i loved it frn bot a new cbr havent rode it though .. m e luv the r15 will buy next yr for myself once i finish my mba ... right now no bikes in college ;( one more yr to go ...

I have driven both Yamaha r15 and cbr 250 , Making the cbr lean around the curves is a very difficult job whereas r15 in comparison is easy to handle around curves . Yamaha r15 would be a good option .

Thanks a lot for the response guys. So R15 its gonna be. Now I think I will wait for a few more months to check whether the new R15 launches or not.

Back