Which Bosch/Siemens washing machine for 35000/-

Looking for 8kg Bosch or Siemens front loading washing machine
Budget: Around 35k

I have selected two models
Bosch WAT2846WIN (MRP 42,200)
Siemens WM14T461IN (MRP 40,700/-)

The one dealer I met offered 15% discount on the Bosch (including exchange existing machine) which makes it 35,870/- . He suggested discount on the Siemens would not be possible, but said he can offer a deal on the day I wanted to buy (i guess 10%).

Advantages
Both have similar feature like brushless motors, pressure sensors, quite operation etc.
Bosch model has anti tangle feature - not sure how effective it is.

Anyone knows about Bosch or Siemens washing machines - please help deciding

Missed this post, how high is your water tank from the machine ?

I had considered Bosch but back in 2015 they were asking for higher water pressure than I thought my overhead tank could provide.

What is your current model washing machine ?

Hard to separate these two out, they are identical even with weight with different face plates

Bosch WAT2846WIN

Siemens WM14T461IN

Last edited:
Generally Siemens machines would be more expensive for similar model. Siemens has already sold off it's share in the appliance business to Bosch. Even before both machines are usually same and even manufactured in the same facility.
In our first residence, the overhead tank was around 15-16 ft above the machine and the pipes were clean, so there was never any issue due to water pressure. In our second home, the machine inlet pipe had to be extended and there was blockage in the pipes, so it would throw E17 error and remove the water and soap without using it.
In our new home, tank is 25ft above the machine and I used 3/4 inch pipes for plumbing and here there is no issue with water pressure. Overall very happy with our Bosch 5.5kg machine which we have since 2012.
More than pressure, it is the volume of water that matters. Even the pressure switch inside the machine just checks the volume of water that has entered the machine in the inlet cycle. If it is less than the required volume, it will eject all the water alongwith the soap. In that case we used to manually fill the same water back using the detergent compartment and resume the cycle. Since now it had enough water the error wouldn't return, until the next inlet cycle of the wash cycle. It was difficult to use the machine for the few years we had this issue, but it was still 90% less work than the semi-auto machine it replaced.

how high is your water tank from the machine ?
I am on the first floor apartment of a 3-storey building. Water pressure feels good, but not sure how much these machines needs.
What is your current model washing machine ?
I currently have an LG top loading washing machine. It has served me very well all these years. I got this as factory seconds as it had a huge scar/dent on the body. But, its body is now rusted and has already been repair a couple of times recently. It will break any moment.
In our second home, the machine inlet pipe had to be extended and there was blockage in the pipes, so it would throw E17 error and remove the water and soap without using it.
Hmm whats with the Bosch/Siemens washing machines and water pressure, even the dealer was asking me about my apartment and water pressure. The problem you described is a deal breaker. Can't imagine manually filling water in a modern Siemens fully automatic washing machine. :p

Btw i visited a different local dealer here and he was offering 15% discount on the Siemens washing machines too. He also said he can try to make it better on the day.
Also came across horrible after sales reviews on mouthshut.com for Bosch/Siemens like high visiting charges, expensive spares etc. All these makes me wonder about these German engineered machines :rolleyes:

If you don't have blocked pipes, there won't be any issues. There was nothing wrong with the machine. It's a fully automatic machine, so it has a fixed time for water inlet. They have to build a contingency that the machine won't work if the amount of water entering during the cycle is lower than the required amount. In our semi-auto machine, we used to have a fill mark upto which we used to fill the machine. So there has to be a sensor based counterpart for that function.

Mouthshut will always have bad reviews only. It is where people come out to vent. I have been impressed with my machine so far and there hasn't been even one issue with the machine that required repairs. I even bought a Bosch dishwasher because I was impressed with the reliability even though the nearest service centre is 300kms away for me. It is being used twice everyday since October and no issues there either.

I am on the first floor apartment of a 3-storey building. Water pressure feels good, but not sure how much these machines needs.
That should be enough. I'm on the ground floor of a two storey building, around 15-16ft to the overhead tank. If you want to dbl check ask them to send a tech over with experience of installation to check before you buy. Tell them you will not consider Bosch/Siemens otherwise. Make him check the water pressure and ask him which company to go for in terms of service & parts. The Siemens brand is more known in India though, they've been here since the 60s. Whether that means anything today i don't know. If you live in a Tier 1 city, service is generally not a problem with any known brand.

Hmm whats with the Bosch/Siemens washing machines and water pressure, even the dealer was asking me about my apartment and water pressure. The problem you described is a deal breaker. Can't imagine manually filling water in a modern Siemens fully automatic washing machine. :p
I have discussed this earlier on the board search for water pressure, these companies require at least 1 bar pressure. I opted for LG as it could manage with just 0.3 bar of water pressure. However this is no longer true with the latest LG washing machines though. adder's LG machine also wanted 1 bar just like the bosch/siemens.

Btw i visited a different local dealer here and he was offering 15% discount on the Siemens washing machines too. He also said he can try to make it better on the day.
Also came across horrible after sales reviews on mouthshut.com for Bosch/Siemens like high visiting charges, expensive spares etc. All these makes me wonder about these German engineered machines :rolleyes:
Seems they want to clear stock. The machines of either are good from what i've heard of owners here. The repair guys are well trained and equipped.

Last edited:
If you don't have blocked pipes, there won't be any issues. There was nothing wrong with the machine. It's a fully automatic machine, so it has a fixed time for water inlet. They have to build a contingency that the machine won't work if the amount of water entering during the cycle is lower than the required amount. In our semi-auto machine, we used to have a fill mark upto which we used to fill the machine. So there has to be a sensor based counterpart for that function.

Mouthshut will always have bad reviews only. It is where people come out to vent. I have been impressed with my machine so far and there hasn't been even one issue with the machine that required repairs. I even bought a Bosch dishwasher because I was impressed with the reliability even though the nearest service centre is 300kms away for me. It is being used twice everyday since October and no issues there either.

As long as the device is well maintained, it’s a beauty of silence.. hope you haven’t experienced with service!! It’s expensive , compared to IFB or others, the underhood issue with overpriced spare is, they don’t manufacture in India and import from German;

I've had Bosh washing machine for the past 5 years and for the past couple of years when there was enough water (or the water was more than half full) in the overhead water tank there was no problem but from a year back due to water scarcity the overhead water tank is kept only 1/4 full. After initially starting up the machine never works and throws error for want of water pressure. I live in a first floor and there is no pressure at all with 1/4th overhead tank capacity. To overcome this I had to install a pressure pump near the washing machine inlet/outlet pipe. I had to spend additionally 2k for this pump. After installing the pump there has been no problem. This should be the permanent solution if there is no water pressure.

I've had Bosh washing machine for the past 5 years and for the past couple of years when there was enough water (or the water was more than half full) in the overhead water tank there was no problem but from a year back due to water scarcity the overhead water tank is kept only 1/4 full. After initially starting up the machine never works and throws error for want of water pressure. I live in a first floor and there is no pressure at all with 1/4th overhead tank capacity. To overcome this I had to install a pressure pump near the washing machine inlet/outlet pipe. I had to spend additionally 2k for this pump. After installing the pump there has been no problem. This should be the permanent solution if there is no water pressure.
How high up is the tank from the washing machine. You are on the first floor of how many storey building ?

As long as the device is well maintained, it’s a beauty of silence.. hope you haven’t experienced with service!! It’s expensive , compared to IFB or others, the underhood issue with overpriced spare is, they don’t manufacture in India and import from German;
How much do they charge for a home visit ? leave aside any costs for spares. Just for a house call how much is it ?

How high up is the tank from the washing machine. You are on the first floor of how many storey building ?
It is a one floor building and the water tank in the terrace is 30 feet away which prevents the pressure to reach the washing machine.

I see, one storey building means the tank is only 9 - 12? feet directly above. On top of that if its only quarter full so pressure is lower because pipes used are inadequately thin. Could even be airlocks.

Interesting point that a tank that cannot be kept full is going to have water pressure issues. I suppose this should be a required test.

Don't just test with the tank full, also test with it quarter full and ensure there is enough pressure :)

Last edited:
I see, one storey building means the tank is only 9 - 12? feet directly above. On top of that if its only quarter full so pressure is lower because pipes used are inadequately thin. Could even be airlocks.

Interesting point that a tank that cannot be kept full is going to have water pressure issues. I suppose this should be a required test.

Don't just test with the tank full, also test with it quarter full and ensure there is enough pressure :)
Even in the one storey building if the tank is directly above the pressure will be good but unfortunately the tank here is far away from the point of delivery that is 30 feet away as I mentioned earlier. However, there is sufficient water pressure for the people in ground floor.

Forget the reviews on mouthshut. I would rather you ask your questions regarding product feedback on Amazon. Even reviews on Amazon can be fake but generally the answers to questions are genuine. Regarding the service quality and costs, it depends on who your local service has been franchised to. I had horrible experiences with IFB washing machines. So far the service from Bosch/Siemens (I have both as I own a Siemens Washing Machine and a Bosch Dish Washer) has been top notch. I guess they use a franchisee with better knowledge and ethics. One time we put in a doormat in the washing machine and the doormat was completely destroyed with thousands of small pieces of cotton coming off the mat. It was our mistake to put it in the washing machine in the first place. The outlet was jammed and the drum just would not rotate. I had the service guy spend 2 days with the machine to remove all of the stuck cotton fragments. I was charged just Rs. 800 for it. This was in Hyderabad.

To overcome this I had to install a pressure pump near the washing machine inlet/outlet pipe. I had to spend additionally 2k for this pump. After installing the pump there has been no problem. This should be the permanent solution if there is no water pressure.
Give us some details about this pump, brand name and post some pics. Will be useful for future reference.

Give us some details about this pump, brand name and post some pics. Will be useful for future reference.
I bought it through Amazon and the price is around 4,250 when I bought it and not 2K as I had mentioned it wrongly earlier. Seems like the price has gone up now. Also since I store water in loft tank inside the house I use the pump two way that is from overhead tank and also from the loft tank. Requires some plumbing work. Below link of the water pump-

I bought it through Amazon and the price is around 4,250 when I bought it and not 2K as I had mentioned it wrongly earlier. Seems like the price has gone up now. Also since I store water in loft tank inside the house I use the pump two way that is from overhead tank and also from the loft tank. Requires some plumbing work. Below link of the water pump-

You said you have it near the inlet for the washing machine. It looks quite big in the picture so its stored outside nearby ? how is the noise

Looking at the reviews, many seem to have installed at on the top next to the tank. This way all taps in the house will get the pressure.

Its auto so comes on when the tap is open and stops when it is closed.

You said you have it near the inlet for the washing machine. It looks quite big in the picture so its stored outside nearby ? how is the noise

Looking at the reviews, many seem to have installed at on the top next to the tank. This way all taps in the house will get the pressure.

Its auto so comes on when the tap is open and stops when it is closed.
It is installed inside the bathroom where the washing machine is kept in a corner. The pump is installed above the washing machine but it is not necessary that it requires to be near the washing machine. It can be even 20 to 30 feet away as the pipeline will deliver the water with good pressure. I have installed it in a way that all the taps gets the pressure when the motor is operated and yes it auto stops when the tap is closed and opens when the tap is operated again. However, there should not be any leakage in the pipes that the water moves, if there is leakage the motor will not stop running until the leakage is plugged.

Back