Which Bosch/Siemens washing machine for 35000/-

Been to couple of more stores today and noticed the big stores like Vijay Sales or Chroma don't negotiate much on price. The sales guys here don't have much discounts to offer - its all managed by the store. Whereas the smaller stores like Arcee or Kohinoor, offer much better discounts (like 15%+).

There are not much Google reviews and whatever is there is mixed on these stores.
Does anyone have any personal experience dealing with the smaller ones like Arcee and Kohinoor electronics?

Been to couple of more stores today and noticed the big stores like Vijay Sales or Chroma don't negotiate much on price. The sales guys here don't have much discounts to offer - its all managed by the store. Whereas the smaller stores like Arcee or Kohinoor, offer much better discounts (like 15%+).

There are not much Google reviews and whatever is there is mixed on these stores.
Does anyone have any personal experience dealing with the smaller ones like Arcee and Kohinoor electronics?
Way i see it is smaller stores pay less rent. And stores further away from the city centre pay still less. I suppose you will want to swap your top loader for a further reduction.

The install guys will be average. You expect them to deliver the product damage free. You need a way to ensure the machine is properly leveled. I went to the extent of buying a 2ft spirit level just for this purpose as these people won't have one. Maybe the Bosch people do, LG's did not.

After that you will be dealing with the demo guy, he will ensure the installation is correct. Always helps to know a little though.

How loud is it when it operates ?

This one sounds quite loud but its outdoors.
The crompton one I have does not make much noise but still it will be audible to some extent. I usually keep the bathroom door closed so I do not hear any noise.

I have had siemens dishwasher from 2011-12 and bosch since 2014-15. bosch already had some pump failure and siemens is still going strong.
I personally can vouch for siemens quality.

blr_p
The turbo wash (water sprayed directly at cloths) function never worked in my new LG and I guess that's due to the only 9 feet or so, tank distance from the machine inlet.

I am thinking of adding a pressure booster pump with a 24l to 50l air filled tank, that way the pump doesn't have to turn on each time some one uses water( the washing machine wash/rinse cycle or a bucket of water is no more then 25l)

blr_p
The turbo wash (water sprayed directly at cloths) function never worked in my new LG and I guess that's due to the only 9 feet or so, tank distance from the machine inlet.

I am thinking of adding a pressure booster pump with a 24l to 50l air filled tank, that way the pump doesn't have to turn on each time some one uses water( the washing machine wash/rinse cycle or a bucket of water is no more then 25l)
i don't have this turbo wash feature on my LG, maybe this is why the water pressure requirement has risen from 0.3 bar to 1 bar with LG machines that have this feature. 0.3 bar will handle 9ft tank above with ease.

How much faster is the wash with turbo ? my wash times average around 70 minutes in reality longer as the clock ticks slowly on these machines, at 40 degress it consumes around 0.2 units and half a unit for a cotton 60 degrees wash. Surprising that it less than the manual states for a hot cottons wash. They have used a full load maybe. Eco wash consumes less but takes longer. i've never used the eco program.

Pressure pump will do it but where will you locate it. The air tank is a good idea, less noise but more bulky

Now, if you don't use turbo wash then no need for a pump isn't it ? is there an option to disable turbo wash

Last edited:
Turbo wash is said to reduce the time by half. Yes you can disable it. I need the pressure pump not just for washing machine but for when I install solar water heater, the solar tank height may be higher then my house tank. Don't want to add another tank as it will cause shade, in my future solar panel install. I also bought a touchless proximity sensor based tap and it just won't work with the pressure in my house top floor. It needs 20 feet height minimum. Down the line I also will need it for dishwasher.

Since my house as 1.5 inch pipe, no problem with flow, just need water pressure on top floor.

Finally got the Siemens WM14T461IN from Croma (Seawoods).
They offered around 14% discount on MRP after exchange with old machine. Buying experience from Croma is below avg, their staff just don't understand customer service.
But, delivered next day as promised and installed within 48 hrs after delivery. The Siemens engineer also charged Rs. 300 for a bush required to fit the filter on the stopcock.
Also. had to get a 16A switch/socket installed by an electrician.

Finally got the Siemens WM14T461IN from Croma (Seawoods).
They offered around 14% discount on MRP after exchange with old machine. Buying experience from Croma is below avg, their staff just don't understand customer service.
But, delivered next day as promised and installed within 48 hrs after delivery. The Siemens engineer also charged Rs. 300 for a bush required to fit the filter on the stopcock.
Also. had to get a 16A switch/socket installed by an electrician.

MRP is 36.5k, minus 14% is ~31k ?

Amazing price for a 8kg FL in 2019 from Bombay

haha, ok i was wondering how you managed to get it at the price i paid for a 7kg back in 2015.

Looking at the power consumption values.

siemens washer power consumption.JPG

I have to think these are for a max load. Easy care on my LG at 40 degrees C averages around a quarter unit. A cottons 60 cycle is half a unit.

It does consume more electricity. It has a higher capacity too.
I don't spin at the maximum 1400 RPM, i am happy with 800.
There is a also an eco mode, which takes longer to complete but saves power. These two steps could save some power.

Eco takes longer so i don't bother with it. I spin only at 400 in the hot weather. For you with humidity that might not be feasible.

If you have a power meter you will know how much it consumes but i think those figures are on the high side.

Sorry for adding on to this thread but I am in the market for a 7 Kg fully automatic FL washing machine and I went through all the washing machine posts here on TE

My building is G+6 and we are on the 3rd floor so there's almost 30 ft+ height difference at a bare minimum between the water tank and the washing machine.

My budget is max 40k for a family of 3 and these are my shortlisted contenders-

I know that both of these are very similar and might be very expensive in terms of repairs etc. in case something goes wrong. Would you guys suggest any LG model in lieu of these?
P.S. I don't need IoT stuff like app control/wifi connectivity as this is firmly my mom's domain. :p

In Bosch and Siemens, with 7.5 kg and above you get brushless motor - its called iQDrive in Siemens and Eco Silence drive in Bosch.

This is what I could find for BLDC in amazon-

Funnily enough the Bosch 8 KG BLDC WAT24464IN model seems to be slightly cheaper than the 7 Kg WAK24268IN model. I guess the only advantage would be lower power draw as the motor warranty is 10 years for both machines.

Seems that way as the 7 Kg has a lot more reviews on Amazon compared to the 8 Kg one. BLDC is still pretty new I guess.
Couldn't find any release dates on the official website though.
New in marketing literature, not so new elsewhere

Bosch & Siemens are the same company so whichever make you choose they will all have Siemens manufactured motors fitted to them. Reliability is good, their working life is far longer than brush motors. Their overall torque and speed control far superior and finally their noise level is far far quieter.
biggrin.png

Source

Motor is the last thing to give out in a machine. I take the ten yr motor guarantee as meaningless since if you encounter a drum failure earlier you will likely replace the machine. Also parts controlling the motor are not covered in this ten year warranty. It would seem brushless is a competitor to direct drive models. Quieter than motors with brushes. Longer life too.

Back