Car & Bike Which car is best Ford Figo Diesel Vs Maruthi Swift diesel?

Hi Friends,
I am confused between them that which one is best for me n my family...
I want to buy Maruti Swift but my family liks ford figo.. so pleace suggest me...:)

Have u sat and driven both the cars? Both have an extremely different feel to it.

Personally i would go for a swift, not for technical reasons, but feel 5 yrs down the line the overall cost of after sales on a swift will be lesser and cheaper on a swift as compared to a Figo..

Saying that, i do personally love the Figo's interiors..

Whilst ur in the same price range, do look at the i20, polo and the Fabia(bit expensive) diesel variants..

First you need to list down your needs/preferences and based on that we can recommend one.

On general, Swift Diesel wins hands down in term of peppiness, slick gearbox etc. While Figo is more dynamic in driving like almost perfect steering feedback, ride and handling ability but it lacks peppiness.

Maruti swift all the way buddy.i say check the i20 as well,however hyundai service costs have increased marginally for the last year or so.figo aint the same as swift.i like figo but i felt the swift more comfortable and a better all round hatch.
Another one to consider is the incredible fiat punto.

Ford figo if you like
+handling,
+no turbolag diesel engine and city driving mostly,
-on highways/high speed its engine tend to get noisy.
-Also one small disadvantage is the rear windows don't slide down completely. underpowered than swift but feels more practical.
-Another thing is the maintenance costs might be on the higher side. Getting service in a small town can be a problem,

Swift if you like
+highway/high speed driving,
-has turbo lag below 2000 rpm,so more gear shifting is needed,
+long run maintenance cost should be low.Good if you travel light, rear has almost no space so basically less useful practically.
+lot of service centers which is advantageous.
-Compared to figo,sheet metal used is not great, also the glass thickness is reduced to reduce the weight which in turn creates a bit noisy cabin.

Before finalizing do take a look at the costs, because i feel there is a significant difference there, The same holds good for the insurance costs you will be paying YoY.

Phew :crushed: that should be enough to clear out some things.

Oh although I don't have a car, hell I don't have a DL and i ride scooter, I have traveled in both of them and they are very different cars.

Figo has very poor ground clearance and on bad roads, it's a disaster. I know two people who paid upwards 20k as the bottom of the car got damaged on bad roads.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Ill add a bit here..

Swift = Practical choice, but extremely common
Figo = new kid on d block, aiming for d throne (new design on the way with sporty colors and change in styling, better ground clearance)
i20 - Absolutely amazing to drive, zippy, feature packed, best looker according to me, spacious
Polo - Smart choice, highly efficient engine, sturdy built, lil cramp for a 6 footer, aka me,,,

Dzire - spend 80k more and get it, anyways the new dzires length has been reduced and looks a lot like d swift, but a sedan is a sedan.....

@mk151: totally agree on that point, it really does have poor GC. :( many users say to check tyre pressure and all but I don't know how far that helps in clearing this problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Riya,
I have Maruti Swift ZDI.. It is a very comfortable and stylish car for sure. I have judged it in last one month. It has been a month that my father gifted me Maruti Swift ZDI as my birthday gift. This diesel powered Maruti Swift ZDI is classy, high performing and utterly stylish. The fuel economy figures ranges from 19 to 22.9 km per litre, which allow me to travel all around the city without burning a hole in my pocket.

test drove both and here is what i felt about these two great cars -

figo - pro's -great package and a very good engine.ride quality was decent and the car is a great cruiser for highways.i testdrove the green colour which had an eye candy look for an otherwise dated design.it ticked 7 out of the 10 boxes i had in my criteria.i didnt go for it because i just couldn't get attached to it or excited.the design just didn't appeal to me.another thing that is great about the figo is that the rear is very comfy.

swift - this is mine and most people's first choice if you are going for a premium hatchback.the car just has godlike ride quality.sure it is a tad bit common on roads,but as we know,it has great reasons for that.i honestly tried to find a con in this car and i just couldn't and the best i could say to myself was this shit is too common.infact,i have 2 in my near relatives house which says it all :p

you can also consider the polo but only the top version.the base version[trendline i think] has horribly low features.grande punto is another impressive hatch but i do not have much idea about the fiat after service.

Figo is a better overall package no doubt about it. Its probably a better family vehicle. Swift on the other hand is something you crave rather than need.

Funny this came up now, I just learnt driving and ended up shortlisting these same 2 cars! I'm leaning towards the Figo and my wife says Swift. However, the bigger debate is whether to buy a second hand Maruti Alto first to polish my driving skills or to directly buy a new car.

Funny this came up now, I just learnt driving and ended up shortlisting these same 2 cars! I'm leaning towards the Figo and my wife says Swift. However, the bigger debate is whether to buy a second hand Maruti Alto first to polish my driving skills or to directly buy a new car.
i would advice you to get a new one to be honest.driving is massively overrated and in 1 week you will be as good as most people on the road.
old car means more maintenance costs,more hassles and a lot less gain in the long term as opposed to a new car.
take a figo or a swift and forget about it for 10 years and honestly it will be very good on your pocket as ford and maruti have reasonable after sales service costs.

Hi,

Maruti Swift diesel is the best car as compared to Ford Figo Diesel features,performance and mileage is much better than ford figo.

With the Maruti factory at Manesar shut down indefinately (at least for the time being) - what abot bookings & delivery periods ?

I would suggest a Ford Figo considering the following Factor

Pricing - Best among the diesel Hatches
Driving - Ford Cars are really good driver's Car you will love them
Engine - Proven and a reliable Engine with a good Mileage and no turbo lag at all. will be good in city driving and highway as well.
Maintainance - its very much compareable with Swift as Ford has localised the car and will get spares cheap Also they give a extended warranty for 1 L KMS or 4 years.
Interiors - The car though looks compact from outside but interiors are very roomy and comfirtable.
Boot - get a decent boot space better than swift.
Best of all - you get the car in a week compared to 6~9 Months waiting for swift

It may not be the best but definitely VFM Car

Negatives

Ground clearance
No power Windows for rear windows

the current ford figo is on its way out. the newer one is round the corner.

but first decide whether your purchase warrants a diesel car.

if your majority of the driving is within the city limits opt for a petrol and an addon CNG (sequential) kit.

AFAIK CNG costs some 33 RS/kg in mumbai.

if even then you want to opt for a diesel since you do more highway runs you can go for a swift. if constrained for budget go for chevy beat.

if you can stretch it more opt for a FIAT Punto 90HP

Back