Storage Solutions Which Corsair Voyager to buy - GT or Non GT

Corleone

Adept
Hello,

I just broke my Buffalo Hi Speed 4 GB Flash Drive. :(

Need to buy a new Flash Drive now. I was thinking of getting a Corsair Voyager Flash Drive but, wanted advice on whether to buy the GT version or the Non GT version.

I know there must be performance difference between the two but, HOW Much is the Performance difference between GT and Non GT.

Is it worth the extra dough?

Thanks in Advance.

there's a big difference in performance if you are looking to buy the 8gb version, not worth it if you are thinking of the 16gb GT

thexfactor said:
there's a big difference in performance if you are looking to buy the 8gb version, not worth it if you are thinking of the 16gb GT

Infact, I was thinking about the 16GB GT. But, I came across a review which stated that 16GB GT uses MLC to attain that capacity and is not that fast.

So, you mean 8GB GT is better choice than the 16GB GT?

Is the 8GB GT SLC or MLC?

Yes. But 8GB GT has been stopped from production by corsair. The GT series as of now only has the 16GB variant. The 16GB GT has a decent speed (16MBPS Write , 32MBPS Read) if in FAT32 mode. In NTFS, the write speeds come down to 10MBPS.

PhOeNiX said:
Yes. But 8GB GT has been stopped from production by corsair. The GT series as of now only has the 16GB variant. The 16GB GT has a decent speed (16MBPS Write , 32MBPS Read) if in FAT32 mode. In NTFS, the write speeds come down to 10MBPS.

I assume your "Yes" is towards my Question that 8GB GT is SLC right? Am I right?

As you say 8GB GT production has been stopped, how will Corsair offer me 10 Years warranty?

I see that GT 8GB is not available so I have to decide between:

Voyager 16GB & Voyager 16GB GT

Is it worth to pay a premium of 41% just for the GT?

Corleone said:
I see that GT 8GB is not available so I have to decide between:

Voyager 16GB & Voyager 16GB GT

Is it worth to pay a premium of 41% just for the GT?

Nopes. The 16GB GT come in MLC batches and hence it's quite slow compared to the SLC. Get verbatim 16GB the ones 200mph's selling. I think the price's 1600 for the Store-N-Go

broar94 said:
Nopes. The 16GB GT come in MLC batches and hence it's quite slow compared to the SLC. Get verbatim 16GB the ones 200mph's selling. I think the price's 1600 for the Store-N-Go

I guess 200mph has stopped selling them as his threads are locked.

So, that leaves between 16GB GT and 16GB NON GT - I guess NON GT is a better bargain considering both are MLC?

What do you say?

HD Tune Reports the following about Corsair Voyager 16GB:

HD Tune: Corsair Flash Voyager Benchmark

Transfer Rate Minimum : 16.9 MB/sec
Transfer Rate Maximum : 27.8 MB/sec
Transfer Rate Average : 25.4 MB/sec
Access Time : 0.5 ms
Burst Rate : 22.5 MB/sec
CPU Usage : 24.1%

Back