Which Courier to use in these times ?

Hello,
This is regards to sending a package containing used Samsung Tablet with charger, medicines (Ayurvedic meds in Bottles), books, within Tamilnadu ( Coimbatore to Chennai) in one package.
In earlier times I have used Speedpost and BlueDART to ship seperate items. But in the present Covid Lockdown I am unsure of sending packages. Is anything changed.
I heard Registered Post is working fine. I am concerned about the Tablet and the bottles.

Please let me know.
Thanks
PS: The weight should be from 4 to 5 Kg.

Last edited:
Most of the couriers are working just fine. I have received packages from DTDC, bluedart, speed post and delhivery in the past couple of weeks without issues. Go with whichever you trust. Just ensure that the fragile items and electronics are adequately protected.

I had sent an old 10 inch tablet through DTDC. They did not ask specifically anything but I did tell them that it was an electronic item. Maybe you can insure and send if it is a new item.

Yes. I had used DTDC, Bluedart, Professional couriers during the strict lockdown earlier year. All normal declarations and nothing insured. Fedex gave me the costliest quote, Professional couriers was cheaper but it took 2 extra days.

We use DTDC for such stuff. If the packing is done well, not an issue. But our chaps have not and resulted in laptop edge cracks.

For intra Mumbai its wefast. Have setup a business account for this.

A friend needs to send his high end Samsung Mobile phone from Nagaland to NCR.

What is the safest option? What will be the expected charges? (It's ok if it is expensive but should be 100% safe)

Shiprocket shows only Delhivery as available option.

Last edited:
A friend needs to send his high end Samsung Mobile phone from Nagaland to NCR.

What is the safest option? What will be the expected charges? (It's ok if it is expensive but should be 100% safe)

Use Bluedart if they are offering service at you're place.
Also, DTDC is very good I use to send electronics (headphones,tab's) etc to my friend never had any issue and good thing is they do extra packing at my place.

Just make sure if your sending expensive stuff make the package signature or kyc mandatory which bluedart does normally all time.

I think shiprocket has insurance upto 5K (I know that's nothing for a high end phone) but Delhivery has OTP verification when delivering.
Anyways, everything depends upon area serviceability so if other providers do not service the location(s) then you probably don't have any choice.

Any other couriers having OTP verification? I've received OTP from bluedart for bank card delivery but not for some high end items.
Not really, I have only used Fedex, Delhivery and Xpressbees via shiprocket. Only Delhivery does OTP verification even for petty items of 100 INR value.
Fedex and Xpressbees did not even on high value items costing 15K+ INR
Bluedart was never a provided option for me.

Bluedart was never a provided option for me.
Thank you for the reply. Much appreciated.

We have to select courier in shiprocket when booking an item right? Any guide you can point me to, to get started?
Like, is the weight to be calculated before boxing or after.. Haven't shipped a single item till now. Apart from India Post mail :p

We have to select courier in shiprocket when booking an item right? Any guide you can point me to, to get started?
Like, is the weight to be calculated before boxing or after.. Haven't shipped a single item till now. Apart from India Post mail :p
Yes, a list of couriers servicing both pincodes will be provided when you book, it's your choice what to go with.
I think shiprocket has a good documentation but I must say it's not that hard to navigate and do things on your own.
I, myself did signup back in June and didn't require any assistance. Quite easy.

Weight and dimensions is to be calculated after packing.

Does anyone know if Shiprocket/Delhivery accept 100-200gm parcels? Coz on their app, 'minimum 0.5kg' is mentioned.

I need to send some item and I can't speedpost atm and pickup is my only option.

Does anyone know if Shiprocket/Delhivery accept 100-200gm parcels? Coz on their app, 'minimum 0.5kg' is mentioned.

I need to send some item and I can't speedpost atm and pickup is my only option.
You can send a one gram packet.

Minimum chargeable weight is 0.5kg. Means they will charge you for 0.5 kg even if you send 50 grams.

I think shiprocket has insurance upto 5K
You can opt for insuring items beyond 5K by changing some settings in shiprocket panel but you will be charged 0.5% of your item value.
1634711601952.png

Last edited:
Back