Camera Which digital Camera ?

Hey there guys , one of my friends wants to buy a digital camera , here are the requirements :

1) Budget : 15k - 16k .

2) Will be sourcing it from jjmehta Mumbai , so if u can suggest the prices accordingly i.e the people who know.

3)Application : Mostly for general use and for nature photography.

am thinking of the Fuji s5000 which masky has got for 15.5k , any other suggestions ?

Edit : I guess the post shud be in the portable section , mods move it if necessary .

Fuji S5500 is a gr8 cam! I totally love it. And the price has dropped too!! its 13.5k or 14k now.. with a 1GB xD card, it sells for 19k.. i got only a 512MB xD card for 19k hehehe..

it has many manual control options which are very useful for a casual amateur.. helps u experiment a lot in ur free time..

Well fuji s5500 is a great camera but not really the best one for nature photography or print quality photography.
You really wana get atleast 5MP camera to do that.
The advantahe of S5500 is it has 10X optical zoom. You wont find any in that range that has 10X optical zoom but thats why it has only 4MP CCD.
You will get nikkon 7600 within 15K.
Its a very good camera. The picture quality is very good. But like most digital cameras in this range has only 3X optical zoom.
So it all depends on what your friend want.

anything less than 5MP is not the best purchase now except that fuji camera only bcoz of its zoom.
3MP is too less if he decided he want to take printouts of some photos.
Its not enough even for 4x6 copy. It wont come sharp.
Thats why i have waited soo long to get my own digicam.
Getting Nikkon 8800 from US insted now in sale.

Back