Graphic Cards which gtx 970 to buy

I would recommend the zotac because online specs indicate only one 8-pin connector for the asus. This will be important if you intend to oc (970's in general oc quite well).

i got the gtx 970 strix performcace great you also change the fan speed if overheat but it does not happens idle temperature is 22c fan speed running at 40% on gaming it also not much .

^^ How did you get the 22 deg C number. I think that you are getting inaccurate numbers unless your room is heavily chilled through AC or you live in a place with very cold climate. Even running the fans at high speeds should not be getting you that number under typical Indian conditions.

Even the best custom 970's like the Gigabyte G1 run at 30 deg idle in colder climates. As per Guru3d review, Asus STRIX 970 idles at 33 deg.

My own Gigabyte G1 SOC GTX980 idles at 34 deg.

your room is heavily chilled through AC or you live in a place with very cold climate.
^This is most likely since air based coolers can't bring temps to below room temperature.

I have a 280x that idles at 30-33 with about 20% fanspeed. I dont have an a/c and room temp. is around 29-30.

@anirudh
cant seem to find much difference between the 2 in terms of performance so i guess your choice will come down to 3 things:
1.price
2. features/free games &
3. warranty (asus is serviced by rashi. i don't know about zotac)

I think you should wait until there's some clarity on the memory allocation issue with the 970 encountered by some users.

Back