Audio Which IEM can i expect in exchange for a M2

satishinti

Disciple
I have a 1.5 year old Brainwavz M2 brought for around 2k from a T.E member.

I have used it for a very less duration i.e may be ~150-200 hours in the last 1.5 years, and now its lying un used after i got the soundmagic ES 18.

I like the bass and the signature of ES 18 more than the M2 (personal oppinion).

So now i am thinking of exchanging the M2 for any other IEM in that price range which has a little more bass than M2.

So please help me in deciding which IEM would be a good choice, will start a trade thread later with the requirements.

Why are you looking for bass heavy IEM which has even more bass than M2 :blink:

Maybe you should try other signatures as well, but purely based on your requirement would definitely suggest Hippo VB. I don't know if they are still in production though.

Why are you looking for bass heavy IEM which has even more bass than M2 :blink:

Maybe you should try other signatures as well, but purely based on your requirement would definitely suggest Hippo VB. I don't know if they are still in production though.

for my ears i found M2 having very little bass and more of a balanced IEM...(IMO).... also used a Meelec M31 which i found having heavy bass and a little uncomfortable... so want some thing in between....M2 and M31 (on bass side)....

I don't remember much, but off the top of my vague memory search...

If you are open to buying from abroad, better refer this question to Joker. There are plenty of IEMs (Xears, Eterna) which are bassier than M2 (apart from the ones I've not heard like .. VPulse, Beyer DTX???). But, each have their own specialty and quirks.

For instance, I'd consider VB if you are after sub-bass, but you would probably be turned off by it's sibilance (if VB v2 sounds same as VB v1 I owned).

Eterna has a wider sound stage compared to M2, has more mid bass, is not hot in treble like VB, but it's mid range is not forward or warm as in the case of ES18/M2 (sounds a bit 'thick and cold'). It is however, a handy reference as far as budget bassy IEMs go (like Atrio MG7 for Sub-bass).

Xears always had terrible build quality and on top of that, Thomas' service standards have been slipping down the drain in the past couple of years from what I read.

Probably there are a few bass heavy IEMs, which tick every box of your requirement. But, as I said, better to ask Joker....

I don't remember much, but off the top of my vague memory search...

If you are open to buying from abroad, better refer this question to Joker. There are plenty of IEMs (Xears, Eterna) which are bassier than M2 (apart from the ones I've not heard like .. VPulse, Beyer DTX???). But, each have their own specialty and quirks.

For instance, I'd consider VB if you are after sub-bass, but you would probably be turned off by it's sibilance (if VB v2 sounds same as VB v1 I owned).

Eterna has a wider sound stage compared to M2, has more mid bass, is not hot in treble like VB, but it's mid range is not forward or warm as in the case of ES18/M2 (sounds a bit 'thick and cold'). It is however, a handy reference as far as budget bassy IEMs go (like Atrio MG7 for Sub-bass).

Xears always had terrible build quality and on top of that, Thomas' service standards have been slipping down the drain in the past couple of years from what I read.

Probably there are a few bass heavy IEMs, which tick every box of your requirement. But, as I said, better to ask Joker....

Thanks for your sujjestion esanthosh...

as i have mentioned in the post its for an exchange i am looking for and not to buy a new one.... just wanted something new to try with a little more bass than M2 and which can be available in india...

I dont think someone from abroad will be willing for a trade....

wanted to know what all option i can have in this price range if i go for an exchange...dont want to invest anymore on IEM's ....:p

mate instead of bumping here would suggest you to open a FT (For Trade thread) and asking for any one who wants to trade with M2 , that way you might find some one .

Sorry for bumping an old thread.... i am in talks with another member for getting rid of the M2, so what other bass IEM (better bass than M2)available around 2k.

Seen many recomending Vsonic GR02 BE....is it an upgrade to M2 in bass...

Back