Audio Which IEM should I get sub-8k?

bennysachdev said:
Just got them today, struck a deal with a guy from jaben forum for BNIB TF10 in exchange for his 2 month old CK10 + $80SGD. So cost of CK10 was Rs 2000/- only. Lol

2000 only :mad:

bennysachdev said:
The lack of bass makes them unbearable for EDM(there goes 70% of my playlist ;) )

If you get bored, I am all ears :p

bennysachdev said:
Thats all for first impressions. Lemme know if you guys wanna know anything more.

Lemme know if you find another good deal for CK10. I don't want to spend too much for a new one as it's going to be a tad different from DBA-02 as RE-ZERO is to RE0. So, these are some of the things you can help me with:

• How is the bass extension?
  • Are the mids by any chance slightly warmer or neutral?
  • Did you try EQ-ing 10 Khz? CK10 has a spike in that zone.
  • How would you compare the sound stage width, depth compared to TF10?

dude i was under depression cause my Sflo2 died last week. I've sent it to mp4nation for RMA, so waiting for them to fix it and send it back.

CK10 was more like a retail therapy thingy and getting rid of a TF10 lying around since more than a month. And so far..........saying I'm Impressed......would be an understatement!!! :eek:hyeah:

You have no idea how badly I wanna feel the soundstage of the CK10 through the Sflo. Can't even imagine what Anjunabeats would sound like!!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

esanthosh said:
.........So, these are some of the things you can help me with:

• How is the bass extension?
  • Are the mids by any chance slightly warmer or neutral?
  • Did you try EQ-ing 10 Khz? CK10 has a spike in that zone.
  • How would you compare the sound stage width, depth compared to TF10?
Bass is rolled off. I don't remember the Re0 so perfectly but I would say its somewhere between the dba-02 and the Re0(re0 being lesser than the dba-02) IIRC.

Midrange is more or less like the Re0, slightly warmer, as in the lower midrange and the upper bass is slightly more than the Re0. Smoother than the Re0 and the TF10 for sure.

I haven't EQ'ed them,Can't actually, i'm using them with my iphone4 atm since the sflo2 is dead and I hate the Maverick D1 with IEMs(they're much better with cans). I'm using them with EQ off and with 320kbps flac ripped mp3s.

Soundstage is much bigger in terms of height and width. Its a more 3D experience with the CK10 as compared to the TF10's.

Treble is slightly grainy and shrill in some tracks but it disappears completely in other tracks and sounds very well extended.

^ Thanks!

I've read about the great imaging of CK10 from some reviews, but if sound stage is much bigger than TF10, then it makes sense to spend for it. Would be a worthwhile side-grade from DBA-02.

thanx mukulymn :)

Just got a email from Mp4nation that my sflo2 is working again. Like risen from the ashes they have :p . They said the battery got drained while shipping and it resets the player which got it started when they gave it a lil charge on receiving. They're gonna ship it back. Yippee.....Can't wait to try the CK10 with it.

I'm hearing the CK10 at office today, and they do have a very little bass. Better than what I thought yesterday though that they don't have any bass.(TF10's have spoilt me :p ) It could also be because of the stock tips since i'm not getting a very good seal with the large tips also.

^ ouch, that kinda hurt my feelings brendon. You actually found the bass muddy bro?? Then it must be really bad dude......especially since you couldn't even get a proper seal and the only Flac song you tried them with was My heart will go on - Celine dion. :p j/k

Back