OC & Modding Which is better? Suggestions please.

Vignesh

Adept
Been trying some OC' experiments and with my generic hynix ram, this is what I managed so far:
~218Mhz @ 2.5-3-3-7
~245Mhz @ 3-4-4-8
Considering am running a A64 S754/Asus K8N platform, which one do you think is a better OC?

Was it just ram or cpu as well? If in the second case, your cpu is running at default multiplier, then its way better!

Thank you guys for the feedback. I tried 250fsb (ddr500@3-4-4-8) but it fails to boot :( I tried it with vdimm = 2.8v and vcore = 1.55v.
@Chaos - yes am running default cpu multiplier (10x) and reduced HT multiplier to 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some more experiments with oc'

Ran Prime for about 1hr 20mins with this setup.

This one is more of a suicide shot, prime failed after 11mins.

The best my mem would go is 245@2.5-3-3-7 at 2.8v. Tried running with one stick, it won't reach 250 even at 3-4-4-8. I'll try running at 245 and see if I can go more later on.

nice work.. try reducing the cpu multiplier and see if you can take the ram higher

@bottle - Tried that yday night, my ram does not want to go beyond 245 even at timings like 3-6-6-10 :(
Was trying how high my cpu would go before it would not boot, heres a suicide screen shot at 270x10

Prime failed with just one iteration..

I guess I should be just happy running 1:1 at 240-245fsb and check for prime stability.

Looks like I need to migrate to 939 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back