Which ISP?

Yo guys, had a short circuit kinda thing of sorts last month in my locality, my local cable dude says all the equipment is burnt and the three other customers in my neighborhood have switched over to BSNL so it'l not be feasible for him to invest on all that again only for me. and coincidentally, I was contemplating switching to some other ISP, called up tata indicom cust care today regarding the prepaid quick360+NUL thing, but the guy told they have stopped wired bband in blr completely, and my only option now is tata wimax.
Any1 has this conn? hows it for 24x7 usage? The last time I checked there was no airtel in my area, the only other option is BSNL, whats the current waiting period like? and what about their erratic billing and customer service? have they improved?
Do I have any other options? hathway/exatt any1 else plying their trade in bangalore?

If you want it for 24x7 usage and especially if you download torrent based files, forget Hathway. I am using hathway and they have terrible upload speeds. It will not differ area to area as this is their claimed speeds. For example, their 256kbps connections have a 64kbps upload and their 512kbps plans have 128kbps.

Also their speeds are fluctuating. .

but BSNL pisses me off with their 0200-0800 thing, that should atleat be a little longer, that way tata prepaid with NUL was perfect, only if those buffoons hadnt stopped giving wired conn.. upto 2mbps in the night sounds enticing... :(

Back