Budget 31-40k Which laptop should I buy?

My preference is HP. I don't need Fingerprint scanner, so if any model doesn't have this, I am okay with that.
HDD and SSD could be used together. 6GB Memory. At least 250GB total hard.

Which model should I buy? I don't have any idea. At the moment I am using Pavillion DV6050SE 2nd generation, I bought that in 2011.

Hi Kyle Walker

First things first - Using the questionnaire for laptops posted in the forum could have helped people gain more clarity about your needs .

• What's your Budget? (e.g. >30K, not more than 50K etc.)
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? (e.g. web surfing/office apps/Casual Gaming)
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? (e.g. Do you want a 17" desktop replacement or you want an ultraportable 12" or something in between)
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? (e.g some would prefer to stay away from Acer or Dell)
  • Any other considerations? (e.g Battery life; Widescreen/non-widescreen; Glossy/Matte screen etc.)

For e.g. why do you need 6GB RAM only and not 4GB or 8GB? In any case , it seems that in your budget of 31-40k , you won't get that ONE perfect laptop that will tick all the boxes..espcly the HDD + SDD box or the 6GB RAM box. Also, since you have not mentioned any processor preference , I will take liberties with my recommendations.

1st up is your preferred brand HP but without 6 GB RAM and a Core i3 7th gen processor - Link
2nd is Asus laptop without 6GB RAM but has a latest core i3 8th gen processor - Link
3rd is Lenovo Ip 330S 14-inch FHD Laptop (i3-8130U/4GB/1TB+16GB SSD/Windows 10 Home,64Bit/Integrated Graphics) - Link
and if you decide to increase your budget somehow by 8k ASUS X507 ( Core i5- 8th Gen/8 GB/256GB SSD / 15.6" FHD/ Windows 10/ 2GB MX130 ) Thin and Light - Link

So , still no 6GB RAM. Out of this lot ,you can increase the RAM on the Asus to 8GB and you get everything that you wanted. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your detailed reply.

I would love to get 15.6" screen size. Weight is not that much important for me.

Gaming is not important for me. I am a Freelance Writer and Web developer. So most of my work is surfing the net and sometimes using CorelDraw and Adobe Photoshop. Or I also use Video editing software Muawei, Adobe Premier to edit my videos for YouTube.

I can increase the budget to 45K. And I would also like to get the i5 instead of i3.

About RAM, I just write that 6GB because my current laptop 2nd Gen i5 has 4GB Ram.

Can you please tell me what would be a better choice?

6GB with 6th Gen i5
or
4GB with 8th or 7th Gen i3 ??

Thank you for your detailed reply.

I would love to get 15.6" screen size. Weight is not that much important for me.

Gaming is not important for me. I am a Freelance Writer and Web developer. So most of my work is surfing the net and sometimes using CorelDraw and Adobe Photoshop. Or I also use Video editing software Muawei, Adobe Premier to edit my videos for YouTube.

I can increase the budget to 45K. And I would also like to get the i5 instead of i3.

About RAM, I just write that 6GB because my current laptop 2nd Gen i5 has 4GB Ram.

Can you please tell me what would be a better choice?

6GB with 6th Gen i5
or
4GB with 8th or 7th Gen i3 ??
Hey! Sorry was down with viral fever. Good to see you have made up your mind almost. My advice would be don't go for legacy stuff in tech so don't really think about 6th or 7th gen i3 or i5. As rdx_halo says go for at least 8GB RAM. Although,
i doubt you'll find your desired specs in hp.

You can upgrade this model with M2 SSD though.

15 Core i5 8th gen 15.6-inch FHD Laptop (8GB/1TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/Sparkling Black /2.04 kg), 15q-ds0010TU on Amazon for 45290

Alternately ryzen 2500u processor should suffice for your needs and you can get this
Acer Aspire 3 A315-41 15.6-inch Laptop (AMD Ryzen 5 2500U/8GB/1TB/Windows 10 Home Single Language/Integrated Graphics), Obsidian Black for Rs 37000.
Can install m2 ssd on it too.

So finally best of luck with your buying adventure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back