Which Mobile?

Hey guys,
I am thinking of buying a fone in a coupla weeks, Well I have a got a long shopping list(monitor, RAM, hdd etc etc) and I guess I will be left with approx 7-8k for a mobile, no spl requirements here, just for making and receiving calls, SMS. A camera preferred (hint...hint...), well actually not for that, since I dont have a digicam nor a scanner, I guess a camera phone will come in handy when necessary. thx in advance :D

hooli,if u r a Nokia freak then go for the 6610i or the 3220 which is now available for 8.5k...my suggestion,go for 3220 as it has a 65k screen and looks fresher than the 6610i... I'm suggesting u these fones bcos u said tht u need a cam...
otherwise the best option wud be to go for NGAge QD,available for 7.5k....gr8 fone...i wud prefer Ngage over the other 2 bcos i have used a cam fone and the cam by all means is a pretty useless feature...its a big drain on the battery and after somedays of initial euphoria,u wont ever feel like using the cam function...

If u r ready to look other ways, then thr is the brilliant SE T610,available for 8k...looks gr8, the cam again is ok besides the basic fone features...has iR as well.. :)

If u want plain jane fone features wid a gud 65k screen,go for the Samsung X100 or c200... almost the same fone.... but here X100 has a massive 9mb memory but the c200 has less than half of it..

Dont look at other manufacturers here as u wont get gud resale value....

My suggestion,go for Ngage QD... :)

then get the N-Gage QD man. U'll surely love its bluetooth feature, which U will SURELY miss in other phones with cam. T610 has a cam and bluetooth, but a measely 2MB (1.5MB usable) memory.

sharing stuff over bluetooth n bluejacking is fun in its own way.. u'll love it ;)

drgrudge said:
My suggestion go for 6610i , best phone (IMO) in this price range..

6610i scores only in 2 areas (considering cam is not an absolute necessity). FM Radio and its compactness. If u wanna listen to FM on the move, then its quite understandable going with this phone.

Feature to Feature comparision between 6610i n QD.

1. Both have 4096 color screen, but the QD's looks much better and is much bigger.

2. QD offers oodles of space and MMC capability. ALso tranfers using bluetooth is quite handy. u can even do p2p (phone to phone :p) with the QD.

3. Games. when u play the QD games, u realise Jave games aint no good ;)

4. QD offers unltd. message storage and unltd. phone book features. With 6610i, its limited. about 200 msgs (not sure) and 500 numbers (with 5 numbers under each name). in a QD u can have as many numbers under one name as u want ;).

5. 6610i offers a FM radio but with the QD (+ MMC) u can have ur own music on the go. having ur own choice is better than listening to a radio :p.

On the downside, QD is quite bulky and u WILL need both hands to even dial a number.

and u pay 10k or so for the new QD and u get a coupon for Reebok shoes worth 2 grands .. lol.

IMO, feature 2 feature, QD wins hands down..

5. 6610i offers a FM radio but with the QD (+ MMC) u can have ur own music on the go. having ur own choice is better than listening to a radio .

I heard it doesnt support MP3s?? Wav then???
n the downside, QD is quite bulky and u WILL need both hands to even dial a number.

Both my hands work perfectly :p
EDIT: and also, can some1 list out prominent games for qd?

TheMask said:
1. Both have 4096 color screen, but the QD's looks much better and is much bigger.
yes, i agree it has a bigger screen as 6600 but the bigger screen is to provide a good gaming experience.

TheMask said:
2. QD offers oodles of space and MMC capability. ALso tranfers using bluetooth is quite handy. u can even do p2p (phone to phone :p) with the QD.
Hmm.., thats because it's symbian phone and it needs more memory for applications and games.

TheMask said:
3. Games. when u play the QD games, u realise Jave games aint no good ;)
Hmm..., man it is built for this gaming purpose...., yes u are right :tongue:

TheMask said:
4. QD offers unltd. message storage and unltd. phone book features. With 6610i, its limited. about 200 msgs (not sure) and 500 numbers (with 5 numbers under each name). in a QD u can have as many numbers under one name as u want ;).
Hmm..., what u you do with so much SMS (mostly, it will be spams, read forwards and spims :p ). As for the contacts, it gives 500 numbers (not sure) which is more than enough , atleast for me.

TheMask said:
5. 6610i offers a FM radio but with the QD (+ MMC) u can have ur own music on the go. having ur own choice is better than listening to a radio :p.
Hmm...who told u so? QD dont has a mp3 player. But u can have a mp3 player with additional softwares installed (ultra mp3)

TheMask said:
6610i scores only in 2 areas (considering cam is not an absolute necessity). FM Radio and its compactness. If u wanna listen to FM on the move, then its quite understandable going with this phone.
N gage QD--> 9k
6610i--> 8k
U have a solid 0ne thousand rs. difference.

And 6610i has these advantages:
* FM radio
* camera
* compactness
* IRDa
* keys are far better than n gage QD
* 6610 sell more than n gage QD :p

TheMask said:
and u pay 10k or so for the new QD and u get a coupon for Reebok shoes worth 2 grands .. lol.
With 8k u get a titan watch free :hap2:

Arre bros...whr r u all....QD is for 7.5k.. here in pune....boxpacked wid bill.....
Hooli ,now u hav so many ppl supporting the qd..so i guess...QD is the one to go for..
But mind u...dont think of it as an mp3 fone..as the mono sound sucks and is only good for the fone speaker and not the ear fones...secondly u'll miss out on the fm if u r a radio mirchi freak...but apart from tht the fone rocks stylewise & featurewise...it looks more expensive than it really is... :)

And i think for a bacchaa like u...this fone completely fits the bill...will go well wid the kid on the go!! :rofl: :clap: :tongue: :lol:

Ho0ligaN said:
Here ya go...........The ngage has quite a gr8 lineup of games. Actually if its games u want then its a no-brainer. Go for the QD or the old ngage !

Asphalt Urban GT
Colin McRae Rally 2005
Call OF duty
FIFA Soccer 2005
Operation Shadow
Pandemonium
Pathway To Glory
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Tony Hawks Pro Skater
Worms

You can also chk http://ngage.ign.com/ for more.........

CaaYoTee said:
Arre bros...whr r u all....QD is for 7.5k.. here in pune....boxpacked wid bill.....
It varies from city to city dude, mask quoted it as 10k and here it costs rs. 9k or even less.
CaaYoTee said:
But mind u...dont think of it as an mp3 fone..as the mono sound sucks and is only good for the fone speaker and not the ear fones...secondly u'll miss out on the fm if u r a radio mirchi freak...but apart from tht the fone rocks stylewise & featurewise...
Hmm...Actually the speakers of n gage is very good and we can actually use it as a speakers , we can connect it to playing device and put the input to the audio in of the phone....but anyway it is mono...

CaaYoTee said:
it looks more expensive than it really is...
Hmmm...
* bluetooth
* Gamming deck
* symbain phone
* 3-4 games preloaded for free, which will cost rs. 150 if u download :p
* MMC and memory expandability and hot swapping thing

Still u say, it is costly than it really is?

Ho0li said:

QD does support MP3 and WAV. Howevr u cannot use MP3 songs for ringtones. U can do so with WAV files though. U can get UltraMP3 installed at Nokia showroom itself.. if not, buzz me :p

Ho0li said:

What i meant is u cannot operate the QD with one hand like u wud normally do with other phones. even answering a call is a pain!!

drgrudge said:
N gage QD--> 9k

6610i--> 8k

U have a solid 0ne thousand rs. difference.

I was commenting b'coz other said u get a QD for 7.5k!!

drgrudge said:
And 6610i has these advantages:

* FM radio

* camera

* compactness

* IRDa

* keys are far better than n gage QD

* 6610 sell more than n gage QD :p

FM - good

Cam - can do without too :p

COmpactness - Good

IrDA - not good. Bluetooth is a thousand times better. and has a range of 10m.

Keys - nope. QD has one of the most responsive keys in any mobile phone!

6610i - outsells QD. SO, 6610 is a common man's phone. QD is l337 :p

drgrudge said:
Hmm...Actually the speakers of n gage is very good and we can actually use it as a speakers , but anyway it is mono...

Speakers are one of the loudest amongst high end Nokia phones. Much louder than 6600. on par with 7610/6670 et al.

Mono, of course. But does it really make much difference? i dont know. COz i dont listen to music that much anyway :D

The best VFM phone IMO. hence i have one :D

Back