Which modem

hi ppl
i am taking airtel broadband connection tomorrow in delhi.Can anybody suggest me which modem should i buy as i intend to buy a personal modem n also will i be able to use it with some other ISP later. :) .

Dlink-502T

Provided by MTNl Mumbai initially but don't know why they stop, but as far me one of the Best ADSL Router. Before finalising any model suggest it with Airtel.

But will i be able to use it later with other ISPs.Airtel guys r giving me a modem for 1500 but i dont know which one.will update asap..

can someone tell me any differences which one is is better Dlink-502T or UTStarcom UT-300R n why...thnx ppl for helping me out..I need this fast as airtel guy will come today afternoon,so i have to decide it by then..

All you want is a ADSL/ADSL2+ router-cum-modem. Like Dlink-502T.

There is no difference between Dlink-502T or UTStarcom UT-300R, just two products from two companies.

You can't buy a UTStarcom UT-300R, as it comes with BSNL/MTNL and I am not 100% sure but its firmware may be pre-programmed to work only with its ISP, BSNL/MTNL. But not Dlink-502T. After buying it, you have to run setup to work with your ISP, whatever it is. And yes, you have to re-setup, if you change your ISP in future unless you go for a Cable-Internel which doesn't need this type of modem at all.

So, go for the D-Link.

iosoft said:
All you want is a ADSL/ADSL2+ router-cum-modem. Like Dlink-502T.

There is no difference between Dlink-502T or UTStarcom UT-300R, just two products from two companies.
You can't buy a UTStarcom UT-300R, as it comes with BSNL/MTNL and I am not 100% sure but its firmware may be pre-programmed to work only with its ISP, BSNL/MTNL. But not Dlink-502T. After buying it, you have to run setup to work with your ISP, whatever it is. And yes, you have to re-setup, if you change your ISP in future unless you go for a Cable-Internel which doesn't need this type of modem at all.

So, go for the D-Link.

UT-300R will work with any ISP :)

I am too looking for a modem for the Airtel broadband connection.

I looked at the Dlink DSL-502T specifications, but its got a USB 1.1 port :huh: :huh:

Aren't they suppose to come with a USB 2.0 interface :huh: :huh: will there be any difference in speed using the USB 1.1 port instead of 2.0 ????

Any idea about the cost of the modem ??

What about the Netgear DG632 ?

Shakensoul said:
I am too looking for a modem for the Airtel broadband connection.

I looked at the Dlink DSL-502T specifications, but its got a USB 1.1 port :huh: :huh:

Aren't they suppose to come with a USB 2.0 interface :huh: :huh: will there be any difference in speed using the USB 1.1 port instead of 2.0 ????

Any idea about the cost of the modem ??

What about the Netgear DG632 ?

No difference even if it's USB1.1 or USB2...Dlink GLB-502t shoiuld cost you around 1.5k

Use the USB interface only if you havn't got a NIC card or if its already in use....ethernet work's much better.

Dr.ashish said:
But will i be able to use it later with other ISPs.Airtel guys r giving me a modem for 1500 but i dont know which one.will update asap..
Buy Any Dlink model (if 502T suitable all you needs just blindly go with).

How to know which model suit you best?

Visit some IT/Computer Hardware Dealer Shop in Your area, mail to Dlink directly asking them your all query, I am sure they will answer best.

I prefer Dlink cause it is long lasting whether you buy Cheap or High Price model.

I have Dlink Internal Dial up card from last 5 years (Rs.250/-) and still in working condition without any problem.:D

My friend have External Dlink Dialup modem (Rs.3500/-) still working excellent.:D

Now we both use ADSL, he have Dlink502T and I have Ultrastar, but still I prefer Dlink.:)

jayken said:
UT-300R will work with any ISP :)

Yes, but will not get any WARRANTY in-case you kick out BSNL/MTNL connection as it is only provided by BSNL/MTNL.

thexfactor said:
No difference even if it's USB1.1 or USB2...Dlink GLB-502t shoiuld cost you around 1.5k

Use the USB interface only if you havn't got a NIC card or if its already in use....ethernet work's much better.

My friend brought a GLB-502T. I couldn't configure it for BSNL. If you surf the web there will be whole lot of people looking how to configure GLB-502T. I suggest go for DSL-502T and forget the USB connect it the ethernet port.

Dams said:
My friend brought a GLB-502T. I couldn't configure it for BSNL. If you surf the web there will be whole lot of people looking how to configure GLB-502T. I suggest go for DSL-502T and forget the USB connect it the ethernet port.

I've got both the UT300R2U (provided by MTNL), and a GLB 502T...both used for MTNL triband, and I get same speed with both, though the 502T has more features. Why couldn't you configure it for BSNL?? :huh: ... are you talking about not being able to port forward ?? check out how to do it here ... PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall

thnx ppl for helping me out..I was on emergency duty so i couldnt reply..Looks like i will go with the Dlink model..will update when i buy..
thnx

Back