Monitors Which monitor to buy?

Hi all,

I am in need of a new monitor.

I had two old CRT monitors, both of which have died.

One was an old CRT monitor. While running, it smoked and died.

Other was a CRT LG monitor I bought from my cousin. It had started giving problems since quite sometime. The picture would move up, and I had to bump the monitor a few times to get the image back to normal. I had intended to take it to a repair shop, but yesterday night, it died too.

I had bought CRT LG monitor from my uncle, but it doesnt detect any signal from the PC, and its power light just keeps blinking.

I have a Windows 10 32-bit desktop, which I mostly use for browsing, listening to music, watching movies (occasionally).

First, I will try to see if any of the three monitors can get repaired. If yes, then I will buy a new monitor later. If not, then I will have to buy a new one as soon as possible.

I am willing to spend 10K or a bit more for a good quality monitor.

Based on what I have read so far, would like an IPS LED backlit monitor, with a good viewing angle and good colors, and adjustable tilt and swivel, and if possible, height.

I am still not sure about what size to get. I need it for my desk. 21" or 24" would be sufficient? Should I get 24" or would it be too big? I can get an idea on looking at the monitor physically probably.

I would be going to the market maybe today, or in a few days, so I will have a look, and inquire about monitors and prices.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

UPDATE: I was using my friend's monitor now, but it just died while writing this post :(. The power just went off, and the monitor just won't work. I tried plugging it at another power point, but nothing.

Now, with my old monitor dead just yesterday, and my friend's just now, it doesnt seem like co-incidence.. something seems wrong. What could be the problem?

Can the UPS be the problem? But my PC is running just fine.

Can the VGA port be the problem?

I am really sad as to why this is happening, and have no clue. I don't know what to tell to my friend. Maybe I have to buy her a new monitor too :(.

And maybe a new UPS if the UPS is the cause for this. Or maybe a faulty power supply chord?

I am now writing this post by connecting my LED TV to the desktop. I dont have any monitor left.[DOUBLEPOST=1498932378][/DOUBLEPOST]Good news is that one of my old CRT monitor has been repaired, and is working very nicely. It cost just 200 Rs. The problem of image going up has also been solved.

The repair shop will repair the other three monitors by Monday. I hope my friend's monitor gets repaired.

Suggestions for a good monitor still welcome.

The repair shop guy suggested to buy LG, Samsung or HP monitor.... in increasing level of quality. Is he right?

Last edited:
The other two CRT monitors were repaired too.. each costing Rs 200. The LCD monitor of my friend cost Rs 500... it's power supply had to replaced. Well, it's good that the monitors were repaired. So, I won't be needing a new monitor any soon.

I did inquire about monitor at a shop, and they suggested HP 22es. Currently unavailable on Amazon. The price at shop is around 9400 Rs.

They were also suggesting BenQ.

Back