Which Personal health insurance?

Safin

Skilled
Guys, am interested in knowing what personal health insurance you are signed up with. Don't say company group ones :hap5: . Need some feedback in selecting a good one with preferably OPD benefits also.
And thats reliable in clearing up the claims.

Picked up Reliance as an additional coverage. As i am already insured from Company's Insurance. However, by the god's grace, haven't got any chance to check the truthfulness of the high claims by company's brochures.

Contrary to general beliefs, the company provided insurance would be more susceptible for claim benefits rather than the individual ones.

But I trust LIC/Mediclaim when it comes to insurance/medical health benefits

Does it gives Tax reliefs ?
How is Birla Sun Life or Aviva Life insurance.
Me too considering to enroll in an health insurance scheme.
Ashish.K said:
Picked up Reliance as an additional coverage. As i am already insured from Company's Insurance. However, by the god's grace, haven't got any chance to check the truthfulness of the high claims by company's brochures.

47Shailesh said:
Does it gives Tax reliefs ?
How is Birla Sun Life or Aviva Life insurance.
Me too considering to enroll in an health insurance scheme.

Yes, all the health insurances are considered under tax reliefs. I found Premium of Reliance to be a bit on lower side when compared to others.

However, i found myself a bit late entrant as Reliance "Gold" policy wasn't being offered at mine entry time. :no: I had to settle for Reliance "Silver"

LIC..
For the latest policy offers, contact their agent..Make sure your agent has been doing this work for some time..Else no one will be there to push you for the payment of premium.

I think the discussion is heading into the wrong direction.

People here are misinterpreting Life Insurance as Health Insurance.

As per existing laws both the things are different and one company cant give both. So LIC is not into the health business.

General Insurance companies are responsible for it.

Health Insurance business is markedly profitable business for companies so day by day we are seeing so many entrants in this field.

I have my family covered with New India Assurance Co., an old government stalwart and as my whole hospital and professional package managed by them i feel comfortable deeling with one person only.

Other notable players are
Iffco Tokyo General Insurance
ICICI Lombard general Insurance
Reliance (Iam sceptical about their low priced products as we never they will pull a rabbit out their hat)
Royal Sundaram (they are pretty straightforward and few good products too)
HDFC Standard (i have found them to be most professional of any prvate sector players in general)

SBI has also started their General Insurance venture iirc.

One more player metro residing players consider is Apollo - DKV but i am not sure about their reliability.

an excellent article regarding health insurance and mediclaim : Health Insurance Plans – Life Insurers vs. Non-Life Insurers

a comparative chart for mediclaims of few companies

all above info from apnainsurance.com

Back