which speaker to buy

The updated models of Swans D1080 series were officially launched in India a few days ago - namely the Swans D1080-IVB (Bluetooth) and D1080MKII+ (Bluetooth and remote control also). Both have similar configurations such as 5.25 inch drivers, 20mm tweeters etc. etc.

I recently had the good fortune of listening to the D1080MKII+ for only 15 mins and my mind was officially blown!

It is unbelievable how the manufacturers have managed to pack such a powerful performance and that too with astounding clarity. However, the thing that surprised me most was the price. IMHO, these could easily carry a price tag of 20k but they cost significantly lesser. Man, I already have more earphones, headphones and speakers than I need but I am tempted to get these as they puch WAY above their weight. I have never ever been so impressed so quickly...!

The updated models of Swans D1080 series were officially launched in India a few days ago - namely the Swans D1080-IVB (Bluetooth) and D1080MKII+ (Bluetooth and remote control also). Both have similar configurations such as 5.25 inch drivers, 20mm tweeters etc. etc.

I recently had the good fortune of listening to the D1080MKII+ for only 15 mins and my mind was officially blown!

It is unbelievable how the manufacturers have managed to pack such a powerful performance and that too with astounding clarity. However, the thing that surprised me most was the price. IMHO, these could easily carry a price tag of 20k but they cost significantly lesser. Man, I already have more earphones, headphones and speakers than I need but I am tempted to get these as they puch WAY above their weight. I have never ever been so impressed so quickly...!

+

I own a pair of swans D1080-iv. When I first bought them, I was disappointed with the tiny sound it produced. I created a thread somewhere in this forum regarding this issue and the forum members recommended me a Fiio E10K DAC. After buying the DAC I realized how crappy my laptop onboard soundcard was even though it was a Asus ROG laptop. With the DAC they sound so good and don't distort even at loud volume. Considering their price and size, it's impressive how loud these speakers can go and still retain clarity.

Since you prefer sound quality, Swans is the way to go. You can also opt for custom builds. Those need plenty of research and patience, but if done right its all worth it.

Source plays a big part too. Even the Swans paired with mediocre realteks will sound mediocre at best.

Back