Storage Solutions Which VFM NAS should I buy ?

If u're okay with 100Mbps speeds, why not take a look at the Thecus N299? It's for 10k approx without drives but has the advantage of RAID support. Easy for expansion later on. Has BT support inbuilt.

Naga said:
If u're okay with 100Mbps speeds, why not take a look at the Thecus N299? It's for 10k approx without drives but has the advantage of RAID support. Easy for expansion later on. Has BT support inbuilt.
:huh: http://www.primeabgb.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=412&category_id=49&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

greenhorn said:

I will be streaming media from the NAS. Do you think these models will be ok ?

I dont know if they have media servers and things like that:ashamed:. but they are among the cheapest way to get a drive on a LAN :D

Most probably, Prime is bundling HDDs with the NAS. Contact Apical directly. I know for sure the price as I was about to buy it but got the N2100 as I need faster transfer speeds.

The Vantec does not have any media servers. The N299 has bays for 2 drives, RAID, Media server, BT support etc. You can very well use it as a download rig in addition to just using it as a file server/ media server. It's a little slow so even though it's got 10/100/1000 ethernet ports, it crawls to 10/100 speeds. Other than that, it's a steal for the price.

Edit: I got this for 17k approx from Apex Enterprises. I'm PMming u their contact details in case u need to contact them.

Back