Budget 71-90K White themed 4k editing Ryzen Built

sidz2bt

Disciple
Hello Gurus,

Have a weirdly specific requirement. Hope you grace me with the patience and recommendations you all are so well known for.
Here is the need:

What is your budget?

70-100K

What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

None - New Setup

Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

Headset- Audeze Mobius
Audio Interface - Audient ID4

Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

CPU - RYZEN 5 - 3600X or RYZEN 7 - 3700X ???
Motherboard - Whats the difference between a 450 and a 570 for Video editing?
Case - White NZXT H500 ATX or any other recommendation for a white one.
GPU - GTX 1660 6 GB or RTX 2060 (Depends on what the Gurus decide would be vest vfm for my requirement)
Ram - 3200 2X8GB Ram
PSU - Any Bronze rated PSU as i heard they are VFM.
SSD - 970 EVO plus nVME SSD 512GB
Monitor - LG 34WK500 Ultrawide Monitor.
Liquid Cooler : H100i. Need the CPU to be quiet. I dont want my condenser mic to be picking up its fans. Hence the I need a Liuid Cooler.

Oh yes, One last thing... Can i get this in white? Full CPU in white, white GPU, White Fans, White ram sticks, white leds.

Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months

RAM - 2X8GB 3200

Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Bangalore
Open to online purchase

Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
Maybe the GPU

What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
4K Video and Audio Production (Adobe AE, PP2020 with Ableton Live, Reaper)
Download rig, 24x7 operation
Watching HD movies
A bit of gaming to enjoy the multichannel support on the Mobius more. 1080p Ultrawide.

Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Do not want to buy any product without proper after sales service in India,

If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
GTA 5, Overwatch, Assasins Creed (any game that supports multichannel sound).

What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Gaming - Ultrawide
Desktop - Ultrawide

Are you looking to overclock?
No

Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 10, Hackintosh in the future.

Please help me choose wisely and live well! ;)

Last edited:
I am almost having the similar requirement & have selected the following (although its over my planned budget)

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 best VFM
for RYZEN 7 - 3700X you should ideally match with better Gpu like RTX 2080 to
Nvidia GTX 1660-Ti RTX 2060 wont really match RTX 2080 will be best match to CPU
Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe PCIe M.2 500GB
Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3600 C18 2x8GB
Seagate Barracuda 4TB (2016)
MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC (MS-7B85)

Difference among B450 is that the boards support PCie 3.0 where as X570 support PCie 4.0 (double the speed of PCie 3)
however as of now there is not much components to take full advantage of PCie 4 speeds,
X570 is more future proof that 3-5 yrs down the line when GPU/faster RAM & SSD,NVme can all use PCie 4 speeds & become more affordable you can upgrade it.
B450 supports max 64gb X570 supports 128gb Higher speed RAM

This configuration with PSU & case is within you planned budget & you can opt for X570 MB with 3700X but the RTX 2080 GPU will be costing almost the total cost of your PC so think & plan accordingly.

Thank you Ranjan for taking the time out to reply. I was at it this weekend and this is the setup i have currently designed (not finalized though):

Processor -AMD RYZEN 5 3600X PROCESSOR - 20490
Motherboard -GIGABYTE B450 AORUS Elite - 9750
RAM -G.Skill SniperX 3600Mhz 16GB(8GBx2) -7300
SSD - CRUCIAL P1 1TB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD - 9375
Graphics Card -GALAX GeForce GTX 1660 Super OC 6GB - 20376
Case Nzxt H510i Compact Mid-Tower with Lighting and Fan Control - Matte White - 9450
PSU - Antec EA550G PRO 80 Plus Gold 550 W - 6849
Cooler: Corsair Hydro H60 Liquid CPU Cooler - 5650
Cables: White Volted Mods Custom Sleeved PSU Extension Cable kit - 3,550
Monitor : LG 34WK500 - 25000

Total : 117,793‬

Guys, i have just borrowed bits and pieces from the other posts and online research so please let me if you have any suggestions or suggest any changes.
Here is my justification for some of the components:
1) AMD RYZEN 5 3600X instead of R7 3700x - Looking at the benchmarks and rendering times 3700x offers a performance difference of around 5 to 10%. That didnt justify a 10k plus cost difference.
2) GIGABYTE supports Hackintosh better than other brands. If the after sales service really something to worry about? Any other suggestions? I am not planning to overclock nor upgrade in the next 3-5 years so i should be ok with this card and 450 based board right?I want to have the possibility of installing hackintosh in the future to play with FCP/Logic.
3) What is your opinion guys on the GALAX GeForce GTX 1660 Super OC 6GB? For Adobe Premier i dont see RTX really planning much of a role for the addional 10k.
4) Will a 550W psu be enough for all this? Any better recommendations?
5) What about the case? H500 was my first choice but it looks like the prices have increased on everything. Why is that?
6) What is the point of all this, life..... everything?

Thanks!

Thank you Ranjan for taking the time out to reply. I was at it this weekend and this is the setup i have currently designed (not finalized though):
Processor -AMD RYZEN 5 3600X PROCESSOR - 20490
Ryzen 3600x has better cooler so you dont need to buy extra cooler as you don't plan any over clocking. If needed you can add it later but Bangalore temp are much moderate in general so try with the supplied cooler from AMD first.

Motherboard -GIGABYTE B450 AORUS Elite - 9750
This board has only 2 sata ports wont you need more hdd to be attached? if no then its fine else choose a MB with at least 4 sata ports.

SSD - CRUCIAL P1 1TB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD - 9375
This is slower than Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe PCIe M.2 500GB has read speed upto 3500 Mb/s but its expensive too. I selected 2 Samsung 970 evo plus instead of 1tb version.

Graphics Card -GALAX GeForce GTX 1660 Super OC 6GB - 20376
Case Nzxt H510i Compact Mid-Tower with Lighting and Fan Control - Matte White - 9450
PSU - Antec EA550G PRO 80 Plus Gold 550 W - 6849
Cooler: Corsair Hydro H60 Liquid CPU Cooler - 5650
Cables: White Volted Mods Custom Sleeved PSU Extension Cable kit - 3,550
Monitor : LG 34WK500 - 25000
Rest all looks fine, since you dont plan to OC nor update anytime soon PSU 550 80 plus GOLD should be enough for you.

1) AMD RYZEN 5 3600X instead of R7 3700x - Looking at the benchmarks and rendering times 3700x offers a performance difference of around 5 to 10%. That didn't justify a 10k plus cost difference.
3700X has more cores so applications like Premier pro CC which is designed to use more cores will be faster on this but you will need a faster NVme too as suggested earlier.
3) What is your opinion guys on the GALAX GeForce GTX 1660 Super OC 6GB? For Adobe Premier i dont see RTX really planning much of a role for the addional 10k.
No experience with brand but Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Super is available for almost similar price.

I see you are looking to go the hackintosh way. If you plan to go hackintosh, go for an intel processor and AMD graphics card. AMD processors and Nvidia graphics cards are not supported by the latest Mac OS mojave and catalina. Agreed that you may be able to install Mac OS, but don't expect better performance than on windows.

AMD Rendering RIG

Budget -107.2K

Processor -AMD Ryzen 7 3600 -17.3k

Motherboard -MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC -12.2k

Graphics Card -Asus Phoenix RTX 2060 Mini -22k (Vedantcomputers)

RAM -G.SKILL Sniper X 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3600 -7.3k (primeabgb.com)

SSD -Intel 1TB 660P NVMe M.2 Internal SSD -8.4k

Power Supply -Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro 750w -7.4k

Cabinet -Corsair SPEC Delta RGB -5.5k

Monitor -Benq 27 inch EW277HDR -15.5k

KB & Mouse -Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L Combo -4.1k

UPS -APC 1.1 KVA -5.6k

Fan -Jonsbo FR-601 RGB Fan -.9k

Shipping -1k

Total -107.2k

I see you are looking to go the hackintosh way. If you plan to go hackintosh, go for an intel processor and AMD graphics card. AMD processors and Nvidia graphics cards are not supported by the latest Mac OS mojave and catalina. Agreed that you may be able to install Mac OS, but don't expect better performance than on windows.
That's an excellent point. I will research on this further. What build would recommend if I go the Intel way due to this compatibility concerns... Please advice.

That's an excellent point. I will research on this further. What build would recommend if I go the Intel way due to this compatibility concerns... Please advice.
So what is the update your white beast ? I am some what in the same boat [emoji28]

Back