Why are people like this?

Emrebel

Adept
I don't generally put up this kind of topic ,but since I see alot of experienced folks here , I have a question:
What events have you observed(maybe on daily basis) that makes you laugh/angry at people?
This maybe an act of hipocrisy(maybe religion based)

I would like to share my experience:
I am currently pursuing engineering away from my hometown.
So, the place where I live has lots of monkeys.
They generally roam on rooftops.
And I have seen people trying to beat them with sticks,broomstick or even throw stone at them.
I have even seen kids throwing ball at them in presence of their guardians.
Funny part:
There is a temple around the corner where they workship the same monkey.
Yeah , you guessed it right Hanuman!!
What makes me sad is how people workship a stone but will beat the crap out of the monkeys.
Also ,the case is not different for cows and street dogs in the area.
I see they(animals) have become really agressive over time.

I would like to know if you guys have faced something similar?

Also, pardon me if you find anything offensive but I have just described what I have witness with my eyes.

Dumb stupid people will always act like that. Lack of empathy I believe.

Animals becoming aggressive is a no brainier. Every day they probably get children or people abusing them or throwing stones at them. No matter how much patience they have, it will wear off and they will hit back. In the end people are the main cause here.

The people in the house beside our building used to leave food outside for the street dogs (and cats). Its their version of being kind to animals. Over time, a lot of street dogs gathered unchecked and became a pack of over 30. Once dogs form large packs like that, their primitive roots take over and they become aggressive and territorial. They soon started attacking humans or involve in dog fights on the roads causing accidents (thankfully none serious). Ultimately, dog catchers had to be brought in to catch and disperse the pack.

We don't have monkeys at my present location, but I have had them in areas I lived in the past. Monkeys also move in packs and will become very territorial and aggressive when left alone in an area for a long time. When you leave them alone, they start considering the territory their own and see you as the trespassers. I have seen kids being attacked (bitten on the face, hands legs) for no reason too. This behavior is not much different from that of most humans either. Its the same sort of bullshit about nationalism, patriotism and religious/communal fanaticism that humans have.

Being kind and empathetic to animals does not mean feeding them your left-overs and leaving them alone. They can become aggressive under those conditions too. If you want to care for a animal, be prepared to take into your home.

I see a lot of stray dogs roaming in our neighbourhood and I they need to be caught and vaccinated and left far in the jungle. This is the best solution as far as I think.
Since you cannot make a monkey out of a dog and vice versa. I mean macaques.

The people in the house beside our building used to leave food outside for the street dogs (and cats). Its their version of being kind to animals. Over time, a lot of street dogs gathered unchecked and became a pack of over 30. Once dogs form large packs like that, their primitive roots take over and they become aggressive and territorial. They soon started attacking humans or involve in dog fights on the roads causing accidents (thankfully none serious). Ultimately, dog catchers had to be brought in to catch and disperse the pack.

We don't have monkeys at my present location, but I have had them in areas I lived in the past. Monkeys also move in packs and will become very territorial and aggressive when left alone in an area for a long time. When you leave them alone, they start considering the territory their own and see you as the trespassers. I have seen kids being attacked (bitten on the face, hands legs) for no reason too. This behavior is not much different from that of most humans either. Its the same sort of bullshit about nationalism, patriotism and religious/communal fanaticism that humans have.

Being kind and empathetic to animals does not mean feeding them your left-overs and leaving them alone. They can become aggressive under those conditions too. If you want to care for a animal, be prepared to take into your home.

My neighbours used to do the same in the name of animal welfare. What happened is that there was an increase in the number of rats, and several cars, including theirs had issues.

I see a lot of stray dogs roaming in our neighbourhood and I they need to be caught and vaccinated and left far in the jungle. This is the best solution as far as I think.
Since you cannot make a monkey out of a dog and vice versa. I mean macaques.

Forest rangers catch snakes and stuff and drop them off in the forested areas and they become a menace to people living near the forests who in turn catch and kill them discreetly. Same with animals like mongooses etc which prey on poultry. Also, stray cats/dogs can disrupt the ecosystem and sometimes wipe out the wild animals in the area. I don't think there is any easy solution aside from investing in better garbage disposal and of course vaccination or even culling depending on the resources available.

Back