Why does Airtel not change broadband plans of old customers ?

DCEite

Adept
There are some very good plans that are mentioned for UP West region in the Airtel website, like Combo 499 - 1 mbps speed upto 5 GB and 256kbps thereafter (unlimited plan). And then there is home 599 and home 699 plans which are better than my old oudated 799 plan. Written this mail to airtel CC and Nodal officer:
mail to nodal officer said:
Dear sir/madam,

Kindly go through the below mentioned mail.
I would like to bring to your notice that i have been a loyal customer of Airtel Broadband and landline for over 2 years. I used the Airtel connection in my old residence (Gurgaon as well as new place - Indirapuram Ghaziabad).

I had recently requested the customer care to change my plan of broadband to one of the new plans as shown in Airtel broadband website for UP (West), as it was promised to me at the time of installation that my plan can be changed anytime.

To my dismay, everytime i am given a different excuse by your customer care like:

1. Plans are updated wrongly in website
2. Plans are for Meerut and Agra only
3. No plan is feasable in Indirapuram except 799/999/1099 and above

And so on...

In light of BSNL indroducing some very attractive broadband plans, i am forced to reconsider my association with you and will go lengths to not recommend Airtel BB to my friends/colleagues if you keep handling your loyal customers this way.

I therefore request you to kindly direct Airtel to change my plan to Combo 499 or Home 599 plan ASAP, otherwise please do the needful and disconnect broadband services from my place, so that i can move over to BSNL.

Regards,
xyz
Account number is xxxxxxxxxx
Landline xxxxxxxxxxx

There is no response as yet.

Don't know why you're facing that problem. For me airtel seems over eager to get me onto their new plans.
I've got an unlimited plan with double speed at night, and x no of free calls to any phone.

For the last 4 months they've been trying to get me to change over to a faster plan with an fup of 15-25 gb, and free calls to only airtel phones.

But back home, my familys got mtnl, and they're getting twice the speed I am at the same rate, with no fup.

MTNL rocks, airtels not bad though.

iamddevil said:
Don't know why you're facing that problem. For me airtel seems over eager to get me onto their new plans.

Because i am paying 799 + taxes for 256 kbps outdated plan when its aready available at a much cheaper rate (599) to new customers.

airtel always offer the newer plans to their customers , i have always had it before it rolled out for new subscribers .... maybe they just dont like you :p

DCEite said:
There are some very good plans that are mentioned for UP West region in the Airtel website, like Combo 499 - 1 mbps speed upto 5 GB and 256kbps thereafter (unlimited plan). And then there is home 599 and home 699 plans which are better than my old oudated 799 plan. Written this mail to airtel CC and Nodal officer:
There is no response as yet.

Why don't you call them up as it seems you'd prefer to continue with Airtel? That way you can immediately tell if they are going to change your plans or not.

Call and shoot " i want to cancel" They will transfer you to to the "retention department" They will do what they can to retain u as long as it is possible.

Rockfella said:
Call and shoot " i want to cancel" They will transfer you to to the "retention department" They will do what they can to retain u as long as it is possible.

LOL this should get you the fastest results. From what i gather,they're not obliged to inform you of new plans. You might wanna check application forms again. They usually cover all their base in the fine print.
Only thing we can do is keep abreast of new plans as and when they come up through sites like this one or broadbandforum.in.

Rockfella said:

Best solution. Always works with Airtel.

its not just airtel, all companies even outside broadband..don't give ea sh*t about existing customers, all everybody wants is new customers..

don't u see when annual reports come out..all they talk about is number of new editions, nobody tells anything about satisfaction of existing customers at all.

Back