Android Why I would not recommend Oneplus one

Onemufc

Skilled
So I have a usage of multiple phones for my daily usage. I have an HTC One M8 and I thought I would give one plus a shot.

I got the phone on 5th Jan and on 2nd Feb it stopped detecting network. I gave it to the service center on 4th of Feb. On 6th Feb I was told that the phone has a hardware problem and you would be getting a replacement. I was told you would receive the phone on 10th feb.

Called up on 10th Feb - The phone has not reached the service center. They said I would get the phone on 13th.

Called up on 13th Feb - The phone has not reached the service center. They said I would get the phone on 17th.

Called up on 17th Feb - The phone has not reached the service center. They said I would get the phone on 20th. I was positively told that I would receive it before that day.

20th Feb. Called up service center at 4pm and service center told me that they have not received a replacement.

Called up oneplus support and they want another week.

I am sorry but this is absolute bonkers of service.

Feel sorry for you bro.

Seems like a bad luck.

I bought around 7 handsets for friends and family and none of them had any fault. They all worked nicely. Not even single problem.

IMO OPO is a very good phone considering that price segment and you can install tons of custom ROMs on it and give it a new look every time.

What happened with you was a sheer bad luck

Based on what I read about service for past 4 months, OP does not seem to be very serious about their ASS. There are hardly any positive stories about service, except a very few when their General Manager intervened. If they want to remain in business long term, they have to get service part right. If OPO is flagship killer, then their service is Brand killer.

Based on what I read about service for past 4 months, OP does not seem to be very serious about their ASS. There are hardly any positive stories about service, except a very few when their General Manager intervened. If they want to remain in business long term, they have to get service part right. If OPO is flagship killer, then their service is Brand killer.
Considering them as a startup, I would give them some more time to setup their SCs.

Regardless of the issues with ASS I feel the phone is quite awesome. After me 3 of my family members bought it and it's all runnign smoothly (2 from US, 2 from India)
Mine got a cracked screen so I took it to a service centre and they claimed 13.5k charge! with 2 weeks turnaround time. Wondering if that's a fair claim..

Back